Official Legion of Super-Heroes Thread

Themanofbat

Never Mind the Buttocks...
Reaction score
No.1 comes out in December... written by Mark Waid.

I loved the Legion as a kid in the late 70's, but the title has served little purpose with me since Crisis & Zero Hour. However, I'm getting this book largely in part to Mark Waid.

Anyone else picking this up?
:)

The TT/Legion special was really cool so I'll be picking this up.

It's going to be really hard to beat Giffen's run IMO, but I may check it out.

I never read LoSH but I'm looking forward to this Waid is great and I figure this will be a great place to start reading Legion. Should I get the archives?

I'm a LSH die-hard, so I'm in.

You don't really need to bother with the archives unless you just want to read some fun, goofy Silver Age comics. Waid appears to really be recreating the Legion from scratch. Where the Zero Hour reboot version involved some retelling of classic stories (or lame twists on same), Waid is on record as saying he plans nothing of the sort for this series. In fact, he says he's told the editor to fire him if he proposes a story involving Universo or Darkseid (the respective heavies of "The Universo Project" and "Great Darkness Saga," two classic LSH arcs).

'Course, Bendis once said he'd never write Ultimate Carnage. And frankly, he should've stuck to his guns. But I digress......

Never got into the Legion back in the day, but I will definitely be picking it up now. Especially with Mark Waid writing it; that's an added bonus. :) :up:

Being a LSH fan all my life i started to shake each time i heard the word revamp . So far each revamp has stayed true to the Leigon . If you can understand all the revamps .. all the different story lines you should have no trouble understanding
pre-crisis DCU.

"Long Live The Legion!"

I've never had any desire to read Legion, but I'll be buying this new relaunch. It looks pretty cool.

Count me in with everyone else... I'll be reading this because of Mark Waid

I've been buying Legion a little before the batch SW-6 started appearing and haven't stopped since. I'm looking forward to this new version. If it takes Mark Waid to bring in more people, all the more power to DC. I just hope when Waid leaves that we'll be left with new Legion fans and not just Waid groupies. The story looks good up to this point, I would have preferred a different artist though.

I'm supposed to be subscribing to Legion, but there was a five-month period where the subscription department couldn't get it together to renew me. I don't even remember how many times I called them. Anyway, it's supposed to be all sorted out now, but I still haven't received any comics from them since early summertime. So we'll see.

For me, Legion was that comic book I just couldn't shake. I started and stopped collecting it more times than I can remember. I first started around the time of the first Annual, around when Blok joined. (This is mid-'80s.) Then, for reasons irrelevant to this thread, I stopped collecting comics altogether for a long time. I only started again a couple of years ago, and only with Legion. (Man, I missed a lot in the interim.) I think they've got me for life this time.

Matthew E said:
I'm supposed to be subscribing to Legion, but there was a five-month period where the subscription department couldn't get it together to renew me. I don't even remember how many times I called them. Anyway, it's supposed to be all sorted out now, but I still haven't received any comics from them since early summertime. So we'll see.

For me, Legion was that comic book I just couldn't shake. I started and stopped collecting it more times than I can remember. I first started around the time of the first Annual, around when Blok joined. (This is mid-'80s.) Then, for reasons irrelevant to this thread, I stopped collecting comics altogether for a long time. I only started again a couple of years ago, and only with Legion. (Man, I missed a lot in the interim.) I think they've got me for life this time.

Too bad about the subscription problems... I hope things work out.

I had the same problem with Spider-Man in the late 90's. After collecting all the Spidey books from 1978 to 1997, I finally stopped. I had had enough. My last issue of Amazing was #421. In 2001, I picked up issue #471 (the first JMS one), and being the completist that I am, I managed to scoop up the missing 50 issues to complete my Spidey collection. Like yourself, I am probably hooked for life this time.

Welcome aboard... :)

The Batman said:
Will this book have Superboy?

Not unless they can have the new Superboy show up... which I doubt, since he's in the Titans.

So I would probably say no.

Will this book have Superboy?

I suspect eventually it will, in some way. This is the big problem with Legion: they have to have Superboy, or at least they think they do, but on the other hand this causes continuity problems and they aren't always allowed to. Why else have there been so many reboots? Anyway, I just get the feeling that they can't help pressing that Superboy button.

I've barely read any Legion stories fromt the past but I'm going to pick this up.

And the reason?

Mainly because I think the cover to #1 looks cool. It's as simple as that. Mark Waid is a bonus though.

could someone post the cover please ?thanks

2221_400x600.jpg

covers for issues #2 and #3 also...

2548_400x600.jpg

2681_400x600.jpg

By the way... Waid and Kitson did a series together a while back called Empire, I recommend it to all Waid fans. :up:

i also believe it's 3 bucks for 42 pages every issue, that's the way it shoudl be :o At least I'm getting a bang for my extra 50 cents :)

i like the triplicate girl/triad cover but isn't star boy white?and isn't that shadow lass /umbra next to him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"