Official Legion of Super-Heroes Thread

Missed this one 'cause the crappy comic shop here is moving to a new location. I'm gonna go to the new place tomorrow and see if they have it. I have an even bigger interest in this now, besides just wanting to read it, thanks to Element Lad.

Although, in all fairness, the kids of the Legion do have some goofy names. Element Lad just sounds silly. I hope they modernize a few of the names a bit.

Got it. Read it. Loved it.
I really enjoy the combo of Waid and Kitson. I hope they stay on this book for a nice long run. :)

And sorry Corp, no Element Lad (at least not yet) and no updating of the names.

They started out with Superboy, but hasn't there been enough work with the Legion's other characters that they can now forge their own path, without Superboy or any stand-ins for him like M'onel?

Oh, I agree. As far as I'm concerned, they don't need Superboy. I actually prefer the Legion without him. But then, they haven't asked us. I think DC thinks they need him.

I'm supposed to be subscribing to it. Supposed to, I say again. We'll see.

Element Lad?
Well, ****, they got right to the point when they came up with their names.

Got it, read it, not bad, waiting on the next couple of issues to really hook me in.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Missed this one 'cause the crappy comic shop here is moving to a new location. I'm gonna go to the new place tomorrow and see if they have it. I have an even bigger interest in this now, besides just wanting to read it, thanks to Element Lad.

Although, in all fairness, the kids of the Legion do have some goofy names. Element Lad just sounds silly. I hope they modernize a few of the names a bit.

They did that a while back when there was the adult Legion and the a teenage Legion running around at the same time. Element Lad was named Alchemist. From what I've read of the new Legion ongoing is that they wanted to go back to basics INCLUDING the code names. So, yes, all codenames will probably have "lad, lass, boy, girl, kid" attached to them.

I just love the art on this series. It makes me want to pick it up so badly.

Ben Urich said:
Element Lad?
Well, ****, they got right to the point when they came up with their names.

It's silver age fun at it's best. More comics should be like this.

Well, he's not in this series. They just spent a whole issue on why he won't be in it (See Teen Titans/Legion Special)

Well, he's not in this series. They just spent a whole issue on why he won't be in it (See Teen Titans/Legion Special)

Well, I haven't read it (subscription problems again!), so I can't speak to that part of your post. But I predict that if this series goes on long enough, Superboy will show up in some way. I think they just can't help it.

I'll have to go back and re-read that TT/Legion crossover again. :o

I don't think Superboy's necessarily barred from ever returning to the Legion. He chose the Titans, true, but that doesn't mean he can't head into the future every now and then.

But with him going into the future the last time...didn't he cause this relaunch by messing with Time? Causing the team to restart

This is why I didn't want DC messing with time again... I don't wonder if Superboy will be in the Legion or if he will be able to go back (I don't doubt it would be possible). What I DO wonder is, if the future changed so much where the #$*@ did Impulse come from?! I love the Legion, but the TT crossover brought more problems than solutions.

Impulse is supposed to be immune to time distortions now. He's there for the long haul regardless of what happens to the timeline. Plus, it doesn't necessarily mean that the timeline is different enough now that he isn't born and sent back anyway.

Dwarf lord said:
It's silver age fun at it's best. More comics should be like this.
you've got THAT right

Themanofbat said:
Well, this post confused the hell outa me... :mad: :mad: :mad:
It was from another Legion thread that someone started (can't remember who off hand), and I guess a mod merged the threads.

Johnny Blaze said:
It was from another Legion thread that someone started (can't remember who off hand), and I guess a mod merged the threads.

Well thanks for clearing that up.

:)

Well, I picked up No.1 today, and the art looks fantastic.

I'll probably get around to reading it tomorrow.

Happy New Year everyone.

:)

What does the Legion: Foundations TPB cover? I bought it on a whim and while flipping through it I saw Superboy appear. Is that part of it supposed to be what happened during the time that elapsed in Teen Titans between when Kon disappeared at dinner with Cassie and reappeared in the old school Superboy costume in Titans Tower?

TheCorpulent1 said:
What does the Legion: Foundations TPB cover? I bought it on a whim and while flipping through it I saw Superboy appear. Is that part of it supposed to be what happened during the time that elapsed in Teen Titans between when Kon disappeared at dinner with Cassie and reappeared in the old school Superboy costume in Titans Tower?

Yes, more or less that time. To the Legion readers Superboy came out of practically nowhere. It wasn't until the TT comic that we see where he was taken into the future, it confused the hell out of me at the time.

Sorry, Corp, I've been meaning to answer your question in the DTL about Foundations but always forget about it. I think the Element Lad that you see there is the version that has the crystalline body and Lightning Lad's "soul". Lightning Lad with Element Lad's powers. :up: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"