Comics Official NEW EXILES Discussion Thread

^ Yeah, that should be a good fight but as a guy who does not read this title month to month, can anyone tell me why I should? I mean it seems like there are characters that are around for five issues then....see ya. What's up with that? At least in the core X books there are characters that you know and can get to know, you know? That last sentence really sounded cool. I know the early Thunderbird was awesome, but was gone before issue #12, or something like that.

exiles1c.jpg

exiles11.jpg

exiles12.jpg

exiles13.jpg

exiles14.jpg

exiles15.jpg

Exiles Annual #1 will arrive in stores on Dec. 13 from Marvel Comics. The issue is written by Tony Bedard, with art and cover by Paul Pelletier.

Here's how Marvel describes the book:

"They've battled world-class threats of every kind imaginable and always won, but now the Exiles take on an unbeatable enemy: themselves! It's the original Exiles versus the current team lineup in an impossible battle that cuts to the heart of Marvel's most unpredictable series! "

Exiles Annual #1 will be 48 pages and will cost $3.99.

I can't wait to see that Annual... it seems the Exiles have started to create alternate selves, like Kang once did. He got rid of all of them by killing them in the COuncil of CrossTime Kangs... wonder if they'll do something of the sort

Those pages look awesome. Paul Pelletier is awesome, what other work has he done?

Gimme a sec....I am a huge rabid Exiles fan and I have recently just re read all 13 of the TPBs....I'm just gonna read this entire thread and then I'll be right back.

Okay so I am not a huge fan of Pelletier's art on Exiles...I dunno why, I loved his art on She-Hulk.......I just don't like it for Exiles....I prefer the more simple look that Califiore, Mckone and Henry gave us...God do i miss Clayton Henr's art (For the hell of it I will mention that I own the Clayton Henry Original Artwork from Exiles #28 Page 15...Mimic Punching Havok in the face)...Anyway I am not looking forward to Claremont or Psylock coming on board....though I was not initially a fan of Beddard.

I am really pumped about next months issue getting to see T Bird back, though I guess he wont be joining the team since he's not on any firther cover (Except Annual #1 but that's different)

I am also pumped about the Annual, I wonder if for some reaosn this could be that actual Original team.

ON that though I remmeber back in te Second Arc (Trial of the Phoenix) where they mentioned that some alternateuniverses had time that moved slower....and then when the exiled all got seperated....Sunfire and Nocturne went o the Legay world for three months, Sasquatch and Morph hit the Canadian Wilderness for a night, Magik got dropped in the Ocean for ten Minutes...And Mimic went to Brood World for 6 Months (Which was revealed later to be Six years unless Proteus Lied) So here's my thinking on that, if Mimic was on that world for sx years is there and chance that he would still be there? Could the exiles maybe go and nab him from that world and have him join the team? He would just be missing the memories of the past many missions but Mimic wold be back?

Another thing that has been Nagging me was also from early in the series...the Timebroker told the Exiles that they were the most Successful group they had put together...but certainly not the first...>So it would stand to reason that there would be a lot more folks in that crystal wall....but there isn't..hmmmm, interesting.

Anyway that all said I love exiles and I hope it remains great and goes on for a long long time....I am glad to see it getting more and more out of the X-verese and more into the entire Marvel U.

And I was shocked and saddened to see Silver Sabertooth give up his power like that, he shoulda had Heather port them all away before Galactus could take it back, the exiles need a big power house again especially since it looks like Princess is leaving and T Bird aint sticking around.

Oh and I wonder why they never went back to get Nocturne after they gained control, or at least gone to visit....I know she's being used in th Marvel U, but it stands ot reason they would go get her.

Also she is shown to be like 17 years old....She should not hook up with Cain....Maybe she and Juggs and Husk and Angel can go on Double Dates...

Roughneck, considering that all the words from the Timebroker's words were actually lies of the Timebreakers that bit about them not being the first was probably also a lie.

Nocturne isn't "hooking up" with Cain, she is infatuated with him, she kinda loves him. She is into big lads (remember T-Bird) so it is not odd she would fall for him. He, on the other hand, has his eyes on a certain "dazzling" teammate :p

I'm Just curioius....Did they exiles ever appear anywhere else....other than Blink and Sabertooth in the AOA and Nocturne in 616.....Did the Exiles ever pop up in any other book for some reason (Besides that one issue of X-men Unlimited)

I don't think they ever did, I jus wanna know in case I missed it.

Also why wasn't that Unlimited mini Story put into one of the TPBs?

Mmm I think they've never appeared on any other X-Book

Well, Nocturne's first actual appearance is in X-Men: Millennial Visions.

Was Morph in the AOA as well? Not sure. Only ones I know are Nocturne, Sabretooth and Blink.

Morph was in the AOA, but not the same morph as the Exiles....and Nocturn was not in the AOA at all.

Thanks, this title is quite confusing. The art seems amazing though.

the title isn't that confusing.

They were each Exiled from thier own realities and forced to correst other ones.

That part I get. Its the turnover of characters that throws me off. Give me at least a core lineup so that I can get to know them....not just chuck a whole team off in the middle of a run. It just doesnt flow as well as some of the other X-stuff out there.

I thought some folks were safe.....i figured anyway but then they go and kill Mimic...No one's Safe.

Also Does anyone else hate the way Pelletier draws Thunderbirds face? He just looks stupid.

Yeah, I guess you gotta be ready for anything.....or anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"