Comics Official NEW EXILES Discussion Thread

Uhmm...how about no :o...I like Spidey, Sabreooth and Longshot on the team. Not gonna pass judgement on Psylocke till I actually read the comic.

^Awesome. You reserve your judgement and I'll be skeptical. Go team on 3 :)

I just don't feel like the team is meshing as well as it did before when Mimic was around. :shrug:

I still wish Morph was actually "himself." That Spiderman SUPER needs to leave!

Yeah, he fits in the least. Longshot, I can put up w/ sometimes as he's just there for added luck.

Longshot can definitely stay just for the fact that he's actually USEFUL. Sure he's not the most exciting character, but he's helped everyone out with his luck quite a bit so far.

I know he's a test-tube baby and all but he seriously has like...0 character.

At last!!! I can't wait till January... it seems so long away :'( I want this book right now!!! Has any of you read issue 8 of Excalibur? (bah, New Excalibur) IT "hints" at a Captain Britain war throughout the Multiverse!!! I think we're finally gonna see Roma in this book, a person that should have been involved in this caper since day one!!! I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait!!!

No. Psylocke's last appearance was in New Excalibur 8...

it's not bad, but it'll be better when Claremont returns to that title too, and judging from the january solicit that will most likely be on february :D

Claremont can't make this title blow any harder than Bedard has. At least the initial breath of fresh air will end the stagnant feel.

And... Calafiore needs to draw more like the Annual cover on the previous page. That'd rock.

If there is one person that was meant to write this book that is Chris Claremont. He gave a defined shape to Otherworld, he wrote the bloody Cross Time Caper, he has been creating divergent alternate realities and succesfully using them in conjuction with Earth 616 since who knows how long.... trust me, Claremont's run is gonna be the best Exiles run ever :D An besides, Betsy is in it, and I just happen to love Betsy :D

sebita said:
If there is one person that was meant to write this book that is Chris Claremont. He gave a defined shape to Otherworld, he wrote the bloody Cross Time Caper, he has been creating divergent alternate realities and succesfully using them in conjuction with Earth 616 since who knows how long.... trust me, Claremont's run is gonna be the best Exiles run ever :D An besides, Betsy is in it, and I just happen to love Betsy :D

Whoa, it's gotta fill Winnick's shoes first :o

You can't sell me stuff that the old Claremont produced and created. We all know he shaped and defined a whole ton of stuff in the World of X.

But here, in the now, I've found a lot of his recent stuff lacking and sucky. So, like I said - the breath of fresh air of Claremont will be a nice change from the stagnant Bedard, but that doesn't mean too much in the long run.

I'm with Spoons, as I often am. Claremont's gotta beat Winick to be the best, and considering Winick defined the Exiles first, and since Winick we haven't seen anything close to him (with Austen being the person who came closest)... I'm not holding my breath. :D

Like, I'm really just un-excited about Claremont's run. Especially if it's gonna be the next big thing for the Exiles.

I've never dropped a book in my entire life, but if CC can't entertain me w/i the first arc; I'm outta here.

El Bastardo said:
And... Calafiore needs to draw more like the Annual cover on the previous page. That'd rock.

Califiore didn't do that annual cover, Raney did. I don't know if he did the interiors of the issue as well, but someone screwed up the solicit info.

Winnick wasn't so good... some of his stories were certainly boooring like the Doom/Namor one... and besides he sort of completely ignored Roma and Otherworld... and you just can't be jumping around the Multiverse without the Omniversal Guardian's permission. And it is quite clear Claremont will take us there, a place the Exiles had to visit from day 1.

Specter313 said:
Califiore didn't do that annual cover, Raney did. I don't know if he did the interiors of the issue as well, but someone screwed up the solicit info.

I think you should change your handle from Specter313 to DESTROYEROFDREAMS. I knew it was too good to be true, but! :D

And sebita... you didn't like as much of Winick as Spoons and I do, just as we don't seem to think as much of Claremont as you do. What we have here is an inability to agree due to different opinions.

Winick didn't bother with Roma or the Omniverse or whatever else for whatever reason, which was probably a good one.

Let's stop beating the dead horse. This thread doesn't need pages of nonsense like the Ultimates thread has become (albeit this thread would exhibit nonsense of a non-political vein).

Ha, but thing is, he shouldn't have ommitted it. It is a pivotal part of the MU. Heck, they're numbering tons of realities now, the way it was first used in Otherworld. Somethings shouldn't be ommitted.

But I agree with you, we disagree too much :D

exiles87c.jpg

exiles871.jpg

exiles872.jpg

exiles873.jpg

exiles874.jpg

exiles875.jpg

Exiles #87 will arrive in stores on Oct. 25 from Marvel Comics. The issue is written by Tony Bedard, with art and cover by Paul Pelletier.

Here's how Marvel describes the book:

"'Superguardians,' part 1 of 2. The Exiles find themselves in a world...without a world! The earth in this universe has been completely destroyed! And the creature responsible...the Silver Surfer!"

Exiles #87 will be 32 pages and will cost $2.99.

Awwwww poor Glads. :(

I haven't read Exiles for ages but I think I'll check out this SuperGuardians story. It looks right up my street :up:

EXILES091_COV_col.jpg

EXILES #91
Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
Pencils and Cover by PAUL PELLETIER
While Psylocke is welcomed to the team through mortal combat with Sabretooth, Blink finds herself up against an army of Hand warriors and the Madam Hydra of this world is revealed to be…let’s just say the gang is in for stormy weather.
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

^Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

That's just my 1st impression of the solicit; hopefully CC can write it in an interesting manner and keep me on board as a buyer.

Gotta be better than what Bedard's been giving lately, Spoons...
...just on basis that it's Psylocke vs. Sabes again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"