Official 'The Hobbit' Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't call that a "brand new trailer" as much as I would call it the same trailer as before with a couple of different shots.

Last edited:
Yeah it's Trailer 1 version 2.

p1020444.jpg

I don't want to beat a dead horse (ok, maybe I want) but this pic just makes me realize how much they screwed up Kili, Thorin and the guy near Gandalf. They just do not look like Dwarves. Like, not at all.

They're short human, there's nothing Dwarfish about them. They suck and I hate them and I wish they'd go away. To quote Gollum, I don't want them to be.

Last edited:
It's not the height, it's the overall look and body structure.

A very short man is still a man; but make him stocky and sturdy, give him a large beard and a big nose and you have a classic fantasy Dwarf.

The only one I have a real problem with is the guy in between Gandalf and Bilbo.

He looks like Aragorn's underachieving brother.

Lmao.. Aragorn's underachieving brother. That's hilarious.

^I think thats just for the initial week, and then they're going to roll it out everywhere.

WB plans limited release of high-frame-rate 'Hobbit'; may not include all major cities

It's a shame that they are using the first movie to see how how audiences will react to the footage. It seems there are still (big) hurdles in getting the footage right in 48fps.
Maybe this is one of the reasons why Cameron is also waiting to start on the Avatar sequels ( rumored to be shot in either 48fps or 60 fps).

Not surprising really (though I will try and see this in 48fps) also I thought this was interesting...

People who have seen much of the film in 48 frames-per-second 3D tell Variety the picture now looks vastly better than the test footage shown this April at CinemaCon, which had not yet undergone post-production polishing and got a mixed reception from exhibitors.

I'll see it in 48fps too. I'm always up for new and unique experiences in cinema.

They're short human, there's nothing Dwarfish about them. They suck and I hate them and I wish they'd go away. To quote Gollum, I don't want them to be.
I got used to it a while ago. They can't all look like Gimli.

Yeah I don't mind the looks on certain dwarfs, it's better because you can tell them apart.

Is there no middle ground?

No, of course I don't want 13 clones of Gimli. I want 13 different looking Dwarves that I can still recognize as members of the Dwarven race.
But that's not what I got; shorter men do not count as Dwarves.[/BROKEN RECORD]

Oh, well.

Last edited:
I'm cool with all of them except the one with the dumbass starfish hair. He looks pretty stupid imho.

When Might We See Smaug in The Hobbit Films?
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=93753

Like a lot of you Lord of the Rings fans, we're really excited for the new movies, but more than anything else, we want to see what the dragon Smaug will look like. Actor Benedict Cumberbatch is providing the voice and motion capture for the dragon for The Hobbit films and he seems to have an idea when we will see his character.

In an interview with Anne Richardson, who shared this information with Cumberbatchweb, he told her about the first appearance of the dragon. Spoiler warning if you don't want to know!
"I think my eye might open at the end of the first film and then you’ll get the rest of me in the second."
Now, this information was given prior to the announcement that the series would be adding a third film, and with Peter Jackson moving footage around for the remaining two films, it remains to be seen if this will stand true. For the time being, however, it sounds like a great tease.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey hits theaters and IMAX on December 14, followed by The Hobbit: There and Back Again on December 13, 2013, and the third film opens in theaters in the summer of 2014.

The Hobbit Calendar Reveals New Images

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=93843

horinOakenshield.net got their hands on the 16-month calendar for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey which features new images from the December 14 release, including a first look at Sylvester McCoy as Radagast the Brown. You can click on both images below for bigger versions!

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey follows title character Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior Thorin Oakenshield. Their journey will take them into the Wild; through treacherous lands swarming with Goblins and Orcs, deadly Wargs and Giant Spiders, Shapeshifters and Sorcerers. Although their goal lies to the East and the wastelands of the Lonely Mountain, first they must escape the goblin tunnels, where Bilbo meets the creature that will change his life forever... Gollum. Here, alone with Gollum, on the shores of an underground lake, the unassuming Bilbo Baggins not only discovers depths of guile and courage that surprise even him, he also gains possession of Gollum's "precious" ring that holds unexpected and useful qualities... A simple, gold ring that is tied to the fate of all Middle-earth in ways Bilbo cannot begin to know.

That sure is a beautiful dwarf mullet Thorin is sporting. Looks like Mel Gibson's Beyond Thunderdome hairdo.

I'm aware. It looks mulletish tho, enough for me to make a joke about anyway.

Does anyone else really, really hate the little advertising banners that now appear on the bottom of images posted here?

I got The Hobbit and The LOTR trilogy in paperbook. Now Jackson gave us three (rightfully extended) movies from a combined count of about 1,400 pages.

How the hell is he going to three movies from a barely 300 book?!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"