Official 'The Hobbit' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curses on all of you. The guy they got for Moriarty was creeeeeepy.

Curses on all of you. The guy they got for Moriarty was creeeeeepy.

He was about as creepy as a deflating balloon.

And on the topic of Cumberbatch, I hope he plays Smaug. He already has the vocal chops to play him, and if they plan on incorporating his face, I can surely see them utilizing his eyes. They already look sort of reptilian.

Man if Cumberpatch ends up lending his talents to Smaug I won't be complaining. Heck I can imagine him in the role already. I too thought he could play Cirdan as well. Hope he makes it into the film too.

Anyone here Stephen Fry on BBC Radio 5 Live today. He talked about the Del Toro situation it was rather intresting. You can hear it on the podcast/website

That guy who played Moriarty sucked its like he was trying to pull off Heath Ledgers Joker except it didn't work

I didn't get a Ledger vibe from him at all. It just wasn't very good.

There's also been talk at TORn about Glorfindel and the twins Elladan and Elrohir, as to whether they may also make an appearance. It would be great to see Glorfindel though as he too is a member of the White Council. If Sir Peter does go ahead with this it would be a shame as he never did get to be used to ferry Frodo along the Fords of Bruinen.... :(

Do you gusy think there will be an entirely new theme song this time around for the Hobbit?

i'm sure there will be new music, but they'd be insane not to include the original theme for the Hobbits/Shire/Gandalf, etc in some fashion.

I better hear some of that flute in the Shire theme.

And then Gandalf laughing in all of his glory with that playing.

I didn't get a Ledger vibe from him at all. It just wasn't very good.

I thought he was channeling what Heath did with 'the Joker (weird, creepy, charismatic) , but not his actual performance.

I just didn't buy the actor as Mori because he was too young and didn't have the gravity that the performance needed. He just was trying way to hard.

That would be nice, but I won't be disappointed if we didn't get one soon. I could do with just a simple picture of Bilbo.

Maybe we'll get one in a few weeks, since they're taking a break from filming soon.

Right now, I'm just waiting on PJ to answer another question.

I'm sticking to ny theory that they had a second video planned out but it had a lot footage of 'the original Kili.

All I know is, we need to get a look at some characters soon or my impatience may very well drive me bat**** insane.

I thought he was channeling what Heath did with 'the Joker (weird, creepy, charismatic) , but not his actual performance.

I just didn't buy the actor as Mori because he was too young and didn't have the gravity that the performance needed. He just was trying way to hard.

That's kind of broad. Don't alot of bad guys have those attributes?

That's kind of broad. Don't alot of bad guys have those attributes?

While this topic is subjective and broad I just for that vibe. Either way, We can agree Mori was a miscast though well written.

Who else is thinking that they're close to filming the White Council scenes?

Cate just quietly slipped into the shoot didn't she? Maybe Coy and Lee too?

Besides this is the best time to do it win you have Hugo and Cate present while Martin'a gone..

I can appreciate that they wanted to put a new spin on Moriarty. And I can even appreciate the idea of making him theatrical and eccentric (to counter Cumberbatch's more-reserved Sherlock).

The problem lies in Andrew Scott's complete inability to pull those traits off effectively. As far as Scott is concerned, being theatrical and eccentric means making goofy faces and bringing his voice to a shrill pitch at random, ill-timed intervals. It was painfully awkward to watch.

And I hate to be morbid, but they better film the White Council scenes soon - for Christopher Lee's sake.

The longer they wait, the bigger risk they take.

I agree about Scott. Man, I was so looking forward to the reveal too. I loved thw twist with his reveal, but man they blew it.

And Boom don't be thinking like that, damn you.

Actually, I think the same sometimes. Whenever someone brings up Lee I think how long he has left. :csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"