Official 'The Hobbit' Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see the positive reactions, and I'm feeling a bit more comfortable about the 48 fps. However, this is a small point of concern:

Like all unexpected journeys, there are a few pitfalls along the way, most notably the tangential subplot surrounding bumbling wizard Radagast the Brown (Sylvester McCoy), whose buffoonery at times descends into Jar Jar Binks territory.

Jar Jar Binks? I doubt it's that severe. But I was never that excited about Radagast's subplot anyway.

Jar Jar Binks? I doubt it's that severe. But I was never that excited about Radagast's subplot anyway.

Could be the first signs of the additions run amok.

I know nothing about the subplot. Radagast has been a concern of mine since i saw the bunny sled and the large glob of bird **** the character has in his hair. Yeah i know he has a birds nest on his head and is one with nature but he shouldnt be a slob.

I don't expect excess excess until the second and third films.

I wouldn't think Radagast is in the film more than a handful of scenes. But if Gimli in ROTK proves anything, it is that Jackson can sometimes go over the top with the comic relief.

I wouldn't think Radagast is in the film more than a handful of scenes. But if Gimli in ROTK proves anything, it is that Jackson can sometimes go over the top with the comic relief.

I liked Gimli in all the films. In fact his moments were some of my favorites in otherwise bleak films. Maybe Im just weird haha.

A bit too much crazy uncle Gimli in ROTK and perhaps TTT.

A bit too much crazy uncle Gimli in ROTK and perhaps TTT.

But i like crazy uncle.:(

I have a weak spot for that stuff. Not bafoonary like Jar Jar Binks. But like Gimli falling while they were chasing the Uruk. His hesitation at the entrance to the paths of the dead. Him tip toeing across the skulls. All that endeared him to me. Made me like him even more.

But i like crazy uncle.:(

I have a weak spot for that stuff. Not bafoonary like Jar Jar Binks. But like Gimli falling while they were chasing the Uruk. His hesitation at the entrance to the paths of the dead. Him tip toeing across the skulls. All that endeared him to me. Made me like him even more.

That stuff is fine, but what I didn't like is that it felt like there wasn't enough of the thoughtful, proud warrior that we see in FOTR to balance it out. I think that film had the perfect mix.

I agree, Gimli was at his best in FOTR and various parts of TTT.

That stuff is fine, but what I didn't like is that it felt like there wasn't enough of the thoughtful, proud warrior that we see in FOTR to balance it out. I think that film had the perfect mix.

I agree. We lost some of that in ttt and rotk.

"Because he's got my axe EMBEDDED IN HIS NERVOUS SYSTEM!"

LOL love that line. Was it in the book?

Lol that one had me rolling. I dont think its in the book.

axetwitch.gif

Gimli so badass, he almost reanimated the dead.

Though I doubt with the medieval-style tech of Middle Earth that they'd have any idea what a "nervous system" is... oddly modern language.

Uhhh it was recognized by ancient Greeks and Egyptians. So wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"