Official Thor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if we don't see a Red Wolverine at some point. Apparently, if Rulk is any indication, there's a gold mine waiting if you want to just change a character's color scheme. :facepalm:

Shhhh...dont' let loeb here that. Before you know it we will have a "Fall of the Wolverines" after a year of trying to guess who Rolverine really is, only to turn out it was morlock #3.

I'd be surprised if we don't see a Red Wolverine at some point. Apparently, if Rulk is any indication, there's a gold mine waiting if you want to just change a character's color scheme. :facepalm:

I'm tired of Wolverine and his bastard sons I need less Wolverine in the world. He use to be cool when you really didn't know about his past and it was part of this big mystery but now its like a magician who's let the world in on his best trick.

Has the Absorbing Man been used anywhere lately? I never knew how much of a badass he used to be. Every time he and Thor fought, it was pretty epic. Granted, Thor was kind of stupid for trying to beat him the same way every time, but it was still fun.

Can't remember the last time I saw him. They did have some great battles though.

Cool. I may have to check out the trade for that.

Knowing the history between Crusher and Thor earlier makes me appreciate the fact that Crusher joins the church of the Thorites in the King Thor Saga a lot more. :up:

Nah, not Red Wolverine. Pink Wolverine.
wolviecutsdolls.jpg

LOLs. :p

Best use of Wolverine ever. I loved Whedon more in that arc than I ever did before.

I'm always down for some 'sorbing Man.

However, not being a huge Whedon fan (puts up sensors to prevent BrianWilly assassins), I particularly DID enjoy him in that arc. :awesome:

Over at Marvel: http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.10076....~_Kieron_Gillen

Not much here we haven't heard in previous interviews, but worth checking out if you haven't been keep up.

Marvel.com: Shifting gears a bit, your THOR arc is coming up. We know the story focuses on Thor confronting Loki and Doctor Doom. What else can you say about what you've got planned?

Kieron Gillen: The first half literally picks up a few seconds after JMS's final issue, which isn't out yet. I'll be a bit cagey because I don't want to ruin the end of JMS's saga, but if you've read issue #603 you'll get an idea where it's going in that Doom has been experimenting on Asgardians. We pick up from there. Talking thematically for a second, in JMS's run, there is a lot of the relationship between these quite friendly humans in the city in Oklahoma and the thunder god and the juxtaposition as they get used to each other. I'm kind of reversing that. We left off with the Asgardians in Latveria. The only real human they interact with is Doom. Despite it being Doom's world, he's the only human amongst gods. It's about the sort of Promethean jealousy of gods and facing the divine. And there's fighting. Lot of exciting fighting. But the fights are a metaphor. The BETA RAY BILL [limited series] I did started with Beta Ray Bill putting out a tidal wave, but that's a sledgehammer metaphor for the whole story on what can you do about nature and can you stop Galactus. So, that opening action sequence kind of talks about the whole theme. So, yes, it's an exciting fight scene, but it's also about other stuff.

That BRB tidal wave metaphor totally went over my head when I read the series. But I guess I would've had to know where the series was going in the first place to get it, and I didn't really see that until Gillen had Bill become unworthy of Stormbreaker.

I thought he was aiming at something but That's the only book from Godhunter Ireceived at my LCS. The dealers gettin pissed at the Diamond rep

Man After the the Hercuthor vs Thorcules books I hope Pak writes a Warriors Three story. He'd be perfect.

Pak and Van Lente. I'm not sure how the writing on iHerc breaks down, but judging from each writer's past work, I imagine the lion's share of the humor comes from Van Lente. Dude's hilarious.

I think Roy Thomas has pulled ahead to be one of my favorite Thor writers. Dude weaves mythology into Thor's adventures better than just about anyone else I've seen so far. :awesome:

Even more then Oeming?

Wow, and I thought you'd never stop being a manlove to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"