Official Thor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey Corp, im doing the same thing!! ...Im still only in Journey into Mystery...starting the second Essentials.

looks like a yamica (sp) or a beanie instead of a helmet

hey Corp, im doing the same thing...starting Essentials vol 2. Odin is a jerk!!

hey Corp, im doing the same thing!! ...Im still only in Journey into Mystery...starting the second Essentials.
:awesome:

The stories are hit-or-miss, and I'm already getting a bit tired of Odin and the 60-second time limit being used as such huge narrative crutches, but a lot of it is really enjoyable once you get into it. Toward the end of Journey into Mystery, Lee starts serializing the series a lot more and the stories get more complex and interesting. Now Conway's got 4- to 6-issue arcs going with a few plot threads that are introduced in one arc that go on to become the basis for the next arc. It's pretty good so far. :up:

I really hope the later stuff is as good as current Thor....that is the best comic i get. (i just started iHerc too...thats awesome..but more like a comedy than an action adventure)

It's not as good as the current stuff to me, but we're comparing the early '70s to today. The storytelling ethos was different back then, the authors were writing for a different audience, the Comics Code was still in effect, etc. So it's tough to compare them. There is still enjoyment to be had if you're a Thor fan, though. Conway's initially rocky understanding of the Asgardians' archaic speech style has evened out to the point that it flows even better under him than it did when Lee wrote it (although, if you're just starting on the second Essential Thor, I think Lee might not have even introduced the Asgardians' unique speech style yet).

A villians I'd like to see Thor toss around is Brainiac ,Loki, Doom, Osborne again,Sentry,Darkseid,Emperor from Star Wars,the whole cast from Heroes, Apocalpyse, Doormu, and Surtur

Thanks for the info I think I'd still like to see a war between them played out.

How about Robbie Rotten and Swiper? They need to be schooled too :D

i cant wait to see if Thor puts a major beatdown on Sentry in Siege....its coming..

It's incredibly petty, I know, but I think I'd probably hate the Sentry a bit less if he didn't still have long hair. He'd seem like less of a blatant poor man's replacement for Thor to me.

I went to the Marvel website and there's Thor vs Wolverine digi comic out? :huh:

If this fight lasts more than one page, I'm giving up on Marvel.

Really, no way should Wolverine even come close to give Thor a fight.

Yeah, it worries me too. But I don't have a digital comics subscription, so I have to wait for whenever they put it out as a one-shot or mini-series or whatever.

i saw a preview of it, from what i saw, Thor just shrugs off Wolverine...but there are only like 3 preview panels of the fight.

Theirs a lot of Wolverine fans who actually think that Logan could beat Thor.

:facepalm:

Theirs a lot of Wolverine fans who actually think that Logan could beat Thor.

:facepalm:

I think I like wolvie enough to call myself a wolvie fan, and I cannot imagine any situation where wolvie wouldn't get his ass handed to him vs Thor....unless Loeb is writing it.

i heard Red Wolverine is going to beat everyone in the Marvel Universe...and Ultimate Universe, in the next big event

I'd be surprised if we don't see a Red Wolverine at some point. Apparently, if Rulk is any indication, there's a gold mine waiting if you want to just change a character's color scheme. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"