Official UFC Thread - Part 8

5 of those 7 loses are at WW. He isn't a WW.
You take the fight and make the weight, that's what you are.

You get knocked out 5 times in 11 fights, including 3 in a row at age 36+, it's time to retire. Doesn't matter who you're fighting or even what sport it is. Boxing, MMA, kickboxing, bareknuckle, whatever.

Cerrone has been knocked out 7 times in his career now.

You only get so many brain cells.

You take the fight and make the weight, that's what you are.

You get knocked out 5 times in 11 fights, including 3 in a row at age 36+, it's time to retire. Doesn't matter who you're fighting or even what sport it is. Boxing, MMA, kickboxing, bareknuckle, whatever.

Cerrone has been knocked out 7 times in his career now.

You only get so many brain cells.

Cerrone literally probably cut less than 5lbs to fight McGregor tonight & Conor probably ate about 3 breakfasts to get to 170lbs.

Leon Edwards & Robbie Lawler probably had 10lbs-15lbs on him on fight night & Darren Till could have been 20lbs as I've read he can walk around between 200lbs-210lbs. It is literally another world at WW & it shows that's why he's 6-5 at WW & he's like 20-5 at LW.*

EDIT - *In the UFC

Cerrone literally probably cut less than 5lbs to fight McGregor tonight & Conor probably ate about 3 breakfasts to get to 170lbs.

Leon Edwards & Robbie Lawler probably had 10lbs-15lbs on him on fight night & Darren Till could have been 20lbs as I've read he can walk around between 200lbs-210lbs. It is literally another world at WW & it shows that's why he's 6-5 at WW & he's like 20-5 at LW.
He just got KTFO in less than a minute by a dude whose last two fights were at lightweight and has fought as low as featherweight. You can't have it both ways.

He's a washed up, chinny gatekeeper. Them's the facts. He should retire while his mental faculties are intact.

Whatever dude

Whatever dude
Just remember this in 10 years when the guy has a few more KOs to his name and he's walking around punch drunk with slurred speech.

Nobody should be getting KO'd that many times.

Just remember this in 10 years when the guy has a few more KOs to his name and he's walking around punch drunk with slurred speech.

Nobody should be getting KO'd that many times.

After 40 odd fights & given he used to have notoriously hard sparring sessions I'm pretty sure even if he didn't get another glove laid on him again he'll show the effects of being a fighter in his later life.

I would have been furious if I bought that PPV, but good win for McGregor.

Good to see him pick up a convincing victory. Who could he fight next?

Conor's been saying his comfortable at 170 lbs so I think we should take that literally. He was previously slower at that weight against Diaz.

Amazing return from Conor surpassed all my expectations, see a lot of criticism of Cowboy and all I can say is yes Conor was expected to win this fight it was as favourable a return match up you can get in the UFC at his level but nobody expected him to beat Donald that easily as nobody ever had.

Amazing return from Conor surpassed all my expectations, see a lot of criticism of Cowboy and all I can say is yes Conor was expected to win this fight it was as favourable a return match up you can get in the UFC at his level but nobody expected him to beat Donald that easily as nobody ever had.

Some of the criticism I've seen for Cerrone has been disrespectful & down right dumb, probably the dumbest of all the criticism I've read is that he took a dive.. it's like are you f-ing stupid? McGregor literally broke his nose (& also apparently his orbital bone based on what I read last night although I'm not sure if that's confirmed) inside literally 10 seconds of the fight with those shoulder strikes when they collided.

With a shattered nose & orbital bone a gust of wind would have been enough to hurt the man further let alone a headkick.

I get that Conor's a tool 90% of the time & for every fan he has he's got 2 anti-fans, but it's like come on give the dude a bit of credit & show Cowboy some f-ing respect, you'd think he was Bob Sapp reading some of the comments on social media.

EO1pu5AX0AIp_qw

Stop-It.gif

This is so random a story, Dana White & Bob Arum have had an ongoing feud in the media for years, for Arum to all of a sudden express an interest in working with him after years of name calling is so random.

Top 1 LW trolling.

Top 1 LW trolling.

I honestly hope they make it, Floyd would agree only if the 12 round was grappling and would probably finish Khabib in the first 8:funny:

These boxing mma crossovers need to stop. Somebody asked me how I thought Conor would do if they end up actually making that Pacquiao fight, I just said to him you do realise Manny just beat the **** out of Keith Thurman right?

Almost everyone in the WW division is unlikable.

Colby's shtick is what kept him his job, he likely isn't dropping it anytime soon.

Also I don't know what you are talking about WW is the home of the NMF.

Why would Ariel Helwani even ask him such a dumb question to something that we already know is confirmed & is fact? All it did was set up an even dumber response from Colby.

Usman did break his jaw, Colby said it during the fight, the UFC/NSAC confirmed it with their suspension reports post-UFC 245 & furthermore, the scan of his broken jaw was posted online.

You'd think getting your jaw broke & TKO'd you'd learn a lesson, but not Colby.

Colby's shtick is what kept him his job, he likely isn't dropping it anytime soon.

Also I don't know what you are talking about WW is the home of the NMF.
He should bring that belt to the octagon whenever he fights

Why would Ariel Helwani even ask him such a dumb question to something that we already know is confirmed & is fact? All it did was set up an even dumber response from Colby.

Usman did break his jaw, Colby said it during the fight, the UFC/NSAC confirmed it with their suspension reports post-UFC 245 & furthermore, the scan of his broken jaw was posted online.

You'd think getting your jaw broke & TKO'd you'd learn a lesson, but not Colby.

Ariel famously loves controversy, stirring the pot and getting a sound bite. Even if he knows Colby to be lying he's not gonna call him on it because he knows it will get them a lot of traffic.

For Colby this is aimed at the casual fans who don't really follow the post fight pressers or injury updates.

If you thought he was gonna be a shrinking violet now im sorry to disappoint you lol, im not even a Colby fan but im curious as to what lesson you thought he would or should have learned?

He should bring that belt to the octagon whenever he fights

Thompson vs. Sage for the nicest guy in MMA.

Ariel famously loves controversy, stirring the pot and getting a sound bite. Even if he knows Colby to be lying he's not gonna call him on it because he knows it will get them a lot of traffic.

For Colby this is aimed at the casual fans who don't really follow the post fight pressers or injury updates.

If you thought he was gonna be a shrinking violet now im sorry to disappoint you lol, im not even a Colby fan but im curious as to what lesson you thought he would or should have learned?

That's my point Ariel at times asks the dumbest of questions & it seems aimed more at trying to get a fighter to verbally say something stupid. Didn't Dana & Nick Diaz pretty much tell him to shut the **** up at a presser because he asked a question that was designed to antagonise 1 of them with their response & instead they both responded angrily if I'm not mistaken.. ?

I thought he'd have learned to cut back on the **** talk & this fake persona, maybe dial himself back in & get focused for making another run back at Usman, but even for a simple phone/webcam interview he's still putting forward this act. Maybe at the very least, to stop wearing that MAGA hat which he's only doing to antagonise people.

That's my point Ariel at times asks the dumbest of questions & it seems aimed more at trying to get a fighter to verbally say something stupid. Didn't Dana & Nick Diaz pretty much tell him to shut the **** up at a presser because he asked a question that was designed to antagonise 1 of them with their response & instead they both responded angrily if I'm not mistaken.. ?

I thought he'd have learned to cut back on the **** talk & this fake persona, maybe dial himself back in & get focused for making another run back at Usman, but even for a simple phone/webcam interview he's still putting forward this act. Maybe at the very least, to stop wearing that MAGA hat which he's only doing to antagonise people.

Very few guys call him on it and why I do appreciate that he is one of the few guys that will do the dirty side of fight journalism, he will ask the uncomfortable questions while I think far too many mma analysts are trying to be fighters friends. He does fall victim to the other side of it as well though as he sometimes comes off as trying to instigate fights. No matter his issues I will pretty much always stick up for Ariel as he's put Dana on the spot a few times when he's been the only one willing to call him on things (pretty sure it has even previously cost him his job).

I understand from a perspective of not being a fan of his or the gimmick but think how many people who don't care about Colby otherwise will see this and it will boil their blood. Folks who had maybe even forgot about him will now be excited to hear about his next fight because they want to see him get badly hurt again. Its the wrestling heel book 101, he took Chael's persona to a whole other level.

Never met or spoken to either so can't confirm this but the funny thing is pretty much every fighter says when the cameras are off Colby is one of the genuinely nicest guys in the game, same as Chael who apparently won't say a bad word about anyone unless they're fighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"