Comics Official UNCANNY X-MEN Discussion Thread

I just hope we see tensions between Scott and Emma. That scene with Namor was just genius, and seeing how Scott reacted could mean many interesting things for the X-Men's power couple.

There has been tension but Gillen has made Scott too stubborn to get sucked in.

UNCX015colorcoverpreviews.jpg

UNCANNY X-MEN #15 & 16
KIERON GILLEN (w) • DANIEL ACUÑA (A&C)
AVX TIE-INS!
• We can’t say much or we spoil the event of the summer!
• The X-Men move against the forces of SINISTER!
32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)

I'm kinda glad the Sinister thing wasn't just a single arc deal and it's being revisited. A little strange no doubt, but it's like he's using Sinister against Scott as his rival like Magneto was used against Xavier.

Not a fan of Acuna's style so I'm not looking forward to him but he is at least better than Land

I would think he's temporary. He doesn't seem to stick around a book more than one arc. I'm not particularly fond of his art either but I think it's more what book he's on. I thought he was great on the last Black Widow series. I was sad when he left (along with Marjorie Liu) after one arc.

prv12137_cov.jpg

prv12137_pg1.jpg

prv12137_pg2.jpg

prv12137_pg3.jpg

prv12137_pg4.jpg

prv12137_pg5.jpg

Uncanny X-Men #11
Kieron Gillen (W) • Greg Land (A/C)
Avengers Art Appreciation Variant by Greg Horn
• AvX Tie-In!
• Cyclops Leads The X-Men In To Their Toughtest Battle Yet!
• Juggernaut-Powered Colossus Vs. The Red Hulk!
32 Pgs./Rated T+ ...$3.99

I swear it feels as if Ive seen that Cyclops shooting Cap scene redrawn and done like 10 times already in the last 2 weeks

Boy did nothing of consequence happen this issue - well, except for Scott burning every bridge he ever built and sounding more and more like Magneto than Magneto ever did. One of the rare changes to a character where I actually hope it turns out he was a Skrull ever since they moved from Graymalkin Industries, or that the phoenix has been subtly controlling him ever since Hope was born - something like that

I thought it was great in terms of the characterization it gave Hope. Her talk with Unit set the stage for why she is acting how she is. It also shed light on her encounter with the New X-men and Logan. AvX2 almost made it look like she was posessed by the PF and seemingly had gone evil, but Hope is in control and she definetly hasnt gone dark.

The Collossus vs Red Hulk was very well done. Piotr was pretty much kicking his azz but with all the concerns that the Juggernaut powers would corrupt him, he proved to be a hero by accepting defeat but in doing so saved so many lives. Red Hulk was crazy and was almost willing to endanger so many lives with that fight. Im glad Piotr stopped it

Namor's been was also well written and it shed light onto why he fights with the X-men. One of the few times Ive actually liked him with the team

How did this issue make him sound more like Magneto? He came across much better here writte by Gillen than in the main series. The only thnig he said in his first scene was that they have to protect Hope no matter what and thats consistent with what we've already seen in AvX. He doesnt say anything again till the final section where he has the Avengers Protocol activated. I thought that was such a boss move and I cant wait to see the ramifications of that. To me thats really going to be a game changer. Magneto would have never thought to do that and its not his style. Its a very unexpected move but to go that route is kinda a *****e move but I cant say I feel bad for the Avengers. It'll be fun seeing them get knocked down a peg or two.

Anyone looking for any single issues or tpbs for Uncanny X-men or Wolverine?

prv12378_cov.jpg

prv12378_pg1.jpg

prv12378_pg2.jpg

prv12378_pg3.jpg

prv12378_pg4.jpg

UNCANNY X-MEN #12
KIERON GILLEN (w) • GREG LAND (A/C)
• AVX TIE-IN!
• The Avengers and X-Men take their battles world-wide.
• Return to Tabula Rasa!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

UNCX017cover.jpg

UNCANNY X-MEN #17
KIERON GILLEN (w) • DANIEL ACUÑA (a/C)
AVX TIE-IN!
• The climactic end to the X-Men’s greatest stand against Sinister!
• The culmination of everything Sinister has planned since Uncanny #1!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

prv12550_cov.jpg

prv12550_pg1.jpg

prv12550_pg2.jpg

prv12550_pg3.jpg

prv12550_pg4.jpg

UNCANNY X-MEN #13
KIERON GILLEN (w)
BILLY TAN (a)
Cover by ADAM KUBERT AVX TIE-INS!
• Hope is on the run for her life, but can she outrun destiny?
• What has Mr. Sinister been doing since UNCANNY X-MEN #3? And what has he been doing while the X-Men have been fighting the Avengers? Find out here!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Tan can't draw magnetos helmet on his head. Apparently alot of artists have this issue.

It's kinda sad how the Uncanny and WatX tie-ins for AvX is better than the actual main book. I'm actually more curious about the lame ending from #5. The reviewer on IGN said it well "I wonder what kind of book Gillen would be giving us if he didn't have to spend his time making sense of this crossover".

I think Gillen made better sense of it in UXM than in AVX. I like the story Unit told and really brought SC and the Lights full circle

UNCX018.jpg

UNCANNY X-MEN #18 & 19
Kieron Gillen (w) • RON GARNEY (a/C)
Issue #18 - AVX #11 TIE-IN!
•Cyclops and Emma have supreme power and it threatens to tear them apart.
Issue #19 - AVX #12 TIE-IN
•An unmissable issue for X-Men fans.
32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)

Don't want to disrupt the thread but what do people think of this renumbering of Uncanny X-Men? I kind of wanted them to carry on with the 500 plus numbers forever. :csad:

I thought it was pointless, but I guess it made sense with the retooling.

When they get to 600 they'll return to the original numbers or maybe before that after both sides reunite.

I always there was a bit of pride to be found in Uncanny as it was the only long running Marvel title that never got renumbered. It went over 500 issues and I liked that it never did the relaunch gimmick with it as they have with their other books. Too bad that didnt last.

Very disappointing to me. Was the one series I wanted to collect for the rest of my life and own every issue. Would have been fun seeing how high up I could last. And it would have got crazy when it go to 1000+!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"