Comics Official WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN Discussion Thread

#9 was an Excellent issue, honestly enjoyed it as much as AvsX #2 which was awesome as well. Cool to see Cannonball and Husk get some attention. I should have read before AvsX. Felt a much bigger threat with the kids reacting to Phoenix approaching.

Great week for marvel and DC. Especially X-Men and Bat books. Im gonna be broke.

Last edited:
I'm guessing it's Iceman. I don't know why they felt the need to blur it out.

Iceman does seem most obvious, the fact he's blurred made me assume it's not him. Also looks a little too tall to be Bobby?

I don't want it to be Piotr at all. I much prefer big brother Colossus than whatever he was when he was with Kitty.

I'm soo glad that Aaron throws Match into a cover or panel every now and then :hrt:

prv12058_cov.jpg

prv12058_pg1.jpg

prv12058_pg2.jpg

prv12058_pg3.jpg

prv12058_pg4.jpg

prv12058_pg5.jpg

Wolverine & The X-Men #9
Jason Aaron (W) • Chris Bachalo (A/C)
Avengers Art Appreciation Variant by Alex Maleev
• AvX Tie-In!
• Wolverine, Torn Between Two Teams!
• Will The Jean Grey School Follow Its Leader?
32 Pgs./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Is that Doop I see? :hrt: I'm gonna have to start checking this out...How longs Doop been around?

I haven't been reading this book from the beginning, nor have I been reading U.X-Force at all.

What's up with Warren? Why is he amnesic, under the impression he's a real angel, and probably a teenager again?

I haven't been reading this book from the beginning, nor have I been reading U.X-Force at all.

What's up with Warren? Why is he amnesic, under the impression he's a real angel, and probably a teenager again?

In X-Force, Angel's Death persona fully took him over after Apocalypse's death, a failsafe Apocalypse installed in his Death avatars should he die to help ensure that he would essentially live on, and he was going to essentially wipe out all existence on earth and remake it in his image using a celestial tech known as a live seed. (this is actually how Tabula Rasa came to be in that recent Uncanny arc as that area was used as a test subject before they used it on the whole world) X-Force was left with no choice but to kill Warren to stop him, and in the end, Psylocke stabbed him with the life seed, which they were told was also the only way to kill the death persona as well. As Warren was dying, Betsy implanted a long, storied memory in Warren's mind, in which they grew old together and happy, up to him dying of old age, which happened with his body dying as well. Only the life seed reanimated his body with a whole new consciousness in it as well, and that's what you currently see.

WHAT! Warren's death was the single best scene in the X-world of last year. You need to read that issue. The Dark Angel Saga also is one of the best story in years

In X-Force, Angel's Death persona fully took him over after Apocalypse's death, a failsafe Apocalypse installed in his Death avatars should he die to help ensure that he would essentially live on, and he was going to essentially wipe out all existence on earth and remake it in his image using a celestial tech known as a live seed. (this is actually how Tabula Rasa came to be in that recent Uncanny arc as that area was used as a test subject before they used it on the whole world) X-Force was left with no choice but to kill Warren to stop him, and in the end, Psylocke stabbed him with the life seed, which they were told was also the only way to kill the death persona as well. As Warren was dying, Betsy implanted a long, storied memory in Warren's mind, in which they grew old together and happy, up to him dying of old age, which happened with his body dying as well. Only the life seed reanimated his body with a whole new consciousness in it as well, and that's what you currently see.

Ah. Thanks.

WHAT! Warren's death was the single best scene in the X-world of last year. You need to read that issue. The Dark Angel Saga also is one of the best story in years

It sounds like a nice death scene and all, but you'll have to put a gun to my head first. Not only am I still against X-Force on principle (I don't care if it's well written or less blood-thirsty than KY's version), but I was always against Archangel turning back into Death in the first place.

It sounds like a nice death scene and all, but you'll have to put a gun to my head first. Not only am I still against X-Force on principle (I don't care if it's well written or less blood-thirsty than KY's version), but I was always against Archangel turning back into Death in the first place.
Reading it might change your view on it. Remender handled the Death persona quite well and made it have some serious consequences as opposd to Yost/Kyle simply turning him into that just to make him a viable killer on their old squad. Remender also told a powerful love story between he and Psylocke and did wonders with both characters together and as individuals. I cant reccommend it enough.

I hate how Angel is being handled in WaTX especially after what Remender did. He's almost treated as a joke especially after how dark and serious his death was. A 30+ man enrolling in the school thinking he's an angel? Id rather he had left the X-men and gone across the world trying to form a new identity and persona for himself. We could see him a year from now with a new name and whichever writer picked him up mold and shape this new character which looks like Warren but is completely different. Having the rest of the X-men, especially Psylocke interact with would be neat especially with the complexity of the situation. As it stands, the route they took has been dissapointing.

i always wanted that Guthrie (Joshua, was it?) kid to come back as the new Archangel..that would have been better, IMO, than butchering Warren...again

Last edited:
For that, writers would have to care about those lesser-known disappeared-depowered-dead characters.

Like Wallflower, Wind Dancer, Icarus, Elixir, Tag, or Quill.

I, for one, would KILL for a writer to bring Josh (Elixir) back from Limbo. He seems infinitely more interesting than that freaking Pixie everyone loves to use. I'm just glad Anole is still alive, even if he's done nothing of value in the pages of WatXM.

prv12288_cov.jpg

prv12288_pg1.jpg

prv12288_pg2.jpg

prv12288_pg3.jpg

prv12288_pg4.jpg

prv12288_pg5.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #10
JASON AARON (w) • CHRIS BACHALO (a/c)
• AVX TIE-IN!
• Cyclops comes to the Jean Grey School!
• Will Wolverine’s X-Men join Cyclops against the Avengers?
• ICEMAN vs RED HULK!
32PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Wow such a great issue! I feel like we finally REALLY got inside Scott's head. And his line about the Jean Grey school was the greatest.

I loved that Iceman, Rachel and Angel ditched Wolverine to join up with Scott for this fight

WOLVXMEN015_cover-final.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #15
JASON AARON (w) • JORGE MOLINA (A)
Cover by STUART IMMONEN
AVX TIE-IN!
• Logan leads his own team of classic X-Men into battle!
• The Jean Grey School sees its first graduate!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Cool team.

Iceman, Angel and Rachel are also in Avengers #29. I'd read a book with those 3 alone.

Is warren at the psychological level to even know how to fight? That's my only issue seeing him battling in this event. But it looks like finally Charles will be doing something for once.

Man, I cant stand Chris Bachalo`s drawing!!

WOLVXMEN017.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #16 & 17
Jason Aaron (w) • Jorge Molina (a)
#16 - Cover by CHRIS BACHALO • #17 - cover by ED MCGUINNESS
AVX TIE-INS!
Issue #16
• The Hellfire Club is on the run from Cyclops and rest of the Phoenix Five.
• How does an anti-mutant organization operate in a mutant-run world?
Issue #17
• As the world burns, the Jean Grey School tries to continue on.
• One student ends up at the barrel of a gun.
32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T …$3.99 (EACH)

Someone mind explaining to me what Angel did to War Machine last month. As usual, Bachalo's art has left me confused.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"