• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Comics Official WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN Discussion Thread

Someone mind explaining to me what Angel did to War Machine last month. as usual, Bachalo's art has left me confused.
seems he has new photon based powers. It kinda reminded me of his energy wings except now it seems he can channel it through his hands. Kinda reminds me of True Blood

seems he has new photon based powers. It kinda reminded me of his energy wings except now it seems he can channel it through his hands. Kinda reminds me of True Blood

I forget when did Warren get energy wings? Was that canon?

I forget when did Warren get energy wings? Was that canon?
Yes it is. He gained them during Apocalypse: The Twelve and lost it in that story

b6sp4i.jpg

Warren Stackhouse. Got it, thanks lol
She's a fairy, he's an angel. Doesnt sound too far off...lol

How did he get them/lose them?

from his UncannyXmen.net Spotlight

When Wolverine attacked the mansion as Death and escaped, Warren was nominated to track him down, along with Psylocke, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler and Jubilee. Psylocke was able to disengage Apocalypse's programming, with a little push from each of Logan's closest friends, but Archangel experienced a metamorphosis of his own from his close contact to Apocalypse's handiwork. Warren gained an enormous amount of life energy that shaped itself into a new pair of wings. Archangel released all of his new power into the paralyzed form of Abraham Lincoln Kieros, the former Horseman known as War. Warren lost his new powers, but Kieros had regained mobility in his limbs. [Wolverine (2nd series) #146-147]

SxNKI.jpg

6SZTy.jpg

z6N4E.jpg

It was actually pretty cool. Too bad it didnt last long

I love the energy wings. They were awesome. My dream is that Warren comes back into his own body and have those wings. It'd be perfect.

I dunno. It feels like people are bored by the fact that Warren can ONLY fly so they have to come up with "cool" power ups for him to make him interesting. Personally I'm fine with having X-Men that don't have offensive powers. It's never been a problem for Kitty.

Yeah, I get that. People seem to forget that Warren is an awesome fighter. He was trained by Black Widow and Hercules and is considered the best aerial fighter in the world. I'm pretty sure Betsy would've taught him some things too.

It's just that if they're intent on giving him an offensive power, the energy wings would be best, imo.

I've lost count of the number of times I've had the "Warren isn't useless with his original wings" argument. Whenever I point out that Nightcrawler's power doesn't hurt people either (and nobody ever has a problem with his powers), they always rattle off a list of things Nightcrawler could do but would never ever do anyway, like teleporting people's body parts off or leaving people stuck half-way in a wall.

That is a cool cover. Kittys gonna go crazy Haha. Wouldnt mind reading a few scenes with her and Deadpool. What issue is that for?

Check out Deadpool's resume. :woot:

I hope he shows up in the book more often. His goofiness is perfect for it.

Check out Deadpool's resume. :woot:

I hope he shows up in the book more often. His goofiness is perfect for it.

Yeah haha, he does fit right in with the tone of the book. Now that theres not 900 Deadpool books goen around his appearences in other X books havnt seemed as forced as they did a few years back. Hope he shows up a few times in WATX.

Maybe he will shoryuken Kitty again if she doesnt give him the job haha.

See, I want Ghost Rider far away from any book that I read actually lol. And if we're bringing Blade into the fold, I hope vampires don't take over this book like they did Adjectiveless.

The way Marvel is going both Blade and GR will be X-men. They will say GR's powers are tied to Limbo and like Illyana due to his X-gene and Blade has one too

When did the X-books become a boarding house? We have enough unused mutants(where the F is Elixir!?), can't be wasting panels on the likes of GR :whatever:

I can understand not wanting to use Elixir bc of the nature of his powers from a writing standpoint but it makes no sense that none of the characters would try to find him and bring him back considering how useful he is. Back on Utopia, they kept Pixie and Magik around bc they were two of the few teleporters and those powers are vital. They do the same for Emma, Cuckoo and Psylocke. NO ONE else has healing powers, so you'd think they'd want to keep Elixir around as well.

This could be a chance to take Blade away from just being the 'vampire hunter'. He can teach the kids about the supernatural which, considering the world they live in, would handy to know.

Last edited:
I can understand not wanting to use Elixir bc of the nature of his powers from a writing standpoint but it makes no sense that none of the characters would try to find him and bring him back considering how useful he is. Back on Utopia, they kept Pixie and Magik around bc they were two of the few teleporters and those powers are vital. They do the same for Emma, Cuckoo and Psylocke. NO ONE else has healing powers, so you'd think they'd want to keep Elixir around as well.

Angel could just bleed on everybody and heal them lol

I miss all the X-children(minus the crappy characters introduced in Guggenheim's book). I love that Aaron and Carey remember that Match exists, and Loa popped up in Avengers Academy.

I guess you could consider Blade a mutant, I mean, he was born with his powers, and isn't really a vampire since he's a daywalker and he ages and stuff. He's kind of just a mutant with vampire-like powers

That said, I don't think those characters will all necessarily show up, they're just teasing the search for the new teacher

I can understand not wanting to use Elixir bc of the nature of his powers from a writing standpoint

You know what cheeses my omelette? The fact that Kyle & Yost, two writers I'm not particularly fond of, found a way not write Elixir pretty consistently for 3 years after boosting his healing powers. Meanwhile no other writer wants to touch the character because his powers make things too convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"