Days of Future Past Official X-Men Movie Timeline

I'm digging the timeline. Hopefully, it will finally put to rest all those 'DofP is rebooting the franchise' arguments which didn't jive with comments from Singer and Co. anyway.

Agreed.Bryan Singer even addresses fears from some fans of X-Men,X2,and even Last stand of those films being erased.

It seems like the direction we are headed are time travel fallout from DOFP may causes a few things to be different but other things will be same or similar.
Apocalypse Is going to have to be set In at least 1987 If they want teenage Cyclops,Jean,and Storm.They want to have Gambit and 20ish Nightcrawler?
They can.If Hugh jackman returns for apocalypse the story of how he got his metal might have had some differences now.

Before someone brings up Toad.There was no telling how old toad was In X-Men.And it's not like even In comics there Isn't precedent for them changing toad's appearance.Beast has gone from Cat Beast In FC to more classic Blue and furry In DOFP and there Is no screaming about that.

In article It's said that connections are made In DOFP to FC,X-Men,and X2.

Before somebody else brings it up, yes, there are discrepancies between the official timeline and O:W itself, but that's where the time travel of DoFP comes into play. The 'ripple effect' it creates pushes those events back a bit, which actually makes perfect sense.

I really don't think they'll jump until after the events of Origins: Wolverine for X-Men Apocalypse, which means no Scott, Ororo, Jean, and/or Remy (we could possibly see Jean were Singer to recreate the scene from TLS where Charles and Erik recruit her, but I'm not sure how likely that is).

It will depend at what time they would jump.Origins Is now

1975-Wolverine and Sabretooth In vietnam and recruited by Stryker
1979-Team X Sequenze
1987-The rest of film

If 1987 that means you could have teenage Cyclops and Jean.The recruitment for Jean Is set around 1981,and Cyclops was found at end of Origins.

Gambit Is a possibilty with his appearance In Origins In 1987 and with Singer talking about wanting to use him In future and Donnor's talk of Gambit spin-off
he's a possibilty for Apocalypse.

Of course It depends on how far they want to jump to In Apocalypse

Before somebody else brings it up, yes, there are discrepancies between the official timeline and O:W itself, but that's where the time travel of DoFP comes into play. The 'ripple effect' it creates pushes those events back a bit, which actually makes perfect sense.

I knew that and pointed it out.That seems like there way of trying to keep Origins In cannon but spreading the events of film around to tie in better with
other films.That leaves nearly 18 years after end of film and begining of present events of first X-Men.That's far better than having 20+ years between origins and X-men.

We may get an explanation for walking Xavier In DOFP although some sources have hinted Xavier mental projecting Is reason for walking In 1981 and 1987
scens of last stand and Origins.

I really don't see them jumping almost 15 years into the future for Apocalypse; it made sense to leap-frog in time for DofP, but not so much for Apocalypse, especially since they're going to be using DofP to directly set up that movie (something they didn't do with FC to DofP).

those rumors a few days ago which i'm still abit if not very skeptical about said [BLACKOUT]jean would appear in this film[/BLACKOUT], if thats true they would be introducing her very early

Last edited:
I knew that and pointed it out.That seems like there way of trying to keep Origins In cannon but spreading the events of film around to tie in better with
other films.That leaves nearly 18 years after end of film and begining of present events of first X-Men.That's far better than having 20+ years between origins and X-men.

We may get an explanation for walking Xavier In DOFP although some sources have hinted Xavier mental projecting Is reason for walking In 1981 and 1987
scens of last stand and Origins.

I think we're more likely to get an explanation for how Xavier got his mobility back in Apocalypse than we are n DofP, personally, but we shall see what they do.

I really don't see them jumping almost 15 years into the future for Apocalypse; it made sense to leap-frog in time for DofP, but not so much for Apocalypse, especially since they're going to be using DofP to directly set up that movie (something they didn't do with FC to DofP).

The only reason I could see that Is if they are desperate to bring In teenage versions of cyclops,Jean,and Storm.We are almost certily going to jump to 1980's.Singer once said for sequels to FC he would like to go to 1970's and 1980's.And If they have no OT cast In Apocalypse they will need more to
fill out the X-Men team.

Magneto may align himself with Apocalypse since Singer has said DOFP shows how he becomes magneto and how Xavier Becomes Professor X.Kinberg has also said In DOFP Xavier takes step to become the character we saw In first X-Men.Not to mention James Mcavoy has gone on record several times saying third FC film would be when he plays xavier that Patrick Stewert has played.

Wolverine Is wild card.According to timeline there Is huge gap between leaving team X and when he gets his adamanturm.If they can get jackman for apocalypse that Is a way to Include him.

In both FC and DOFP they included who they wanted.It's entire possibly some here will again be upset who makes cut for Apocalypse just like In FC and DOFP.

It seems like this timeline set things up pretty nicely for X-Men Apocalypse.

It now seems Gambit, Cyclops, & Jean Grey are all very potential new teammates for a late 80s setting.

those rumors a few days ago which i'm still abit if not very skeptical about said jean would appear in this film, if thats true they would be introducing her very early

Yep i know that but we clearly know some it was wrong based on Empire issue.

I think we're more likely to get an explanation for how Xavier got his mobility back in Apocalypse than we are n DofP, personally, but we shall see what they do.

Possibly although there are images of James Mcavoy standing for DOFP.

those rumors a few days ago which i'm still abit if not very skeptical about said jean would appear in this film, if thats true they would be introducing her very early

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damm, each week someone forget the rules and forget to respect the other users

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Yep i know that but we clearly know some it was wrong based on Empire issue.

what parts were they?

if you mean the idea that banshee, emma are dead which apparently they talked about before they decided to do DOFP then i wouldn't put to much into that as its likely they wouldnt be able to explain that realistically, azazel and tempest are dead and we know that for sure

Last edited:
The tenor of Singer and Kinberg's comments leads me to believe that we'll see Apocalypse pick up quite soon after DofP's primary events, but we'll see what happens.

what parts were they?

Mystique Is out to kill Trask according to empire but spoiler said It would be Nixon

Plus what Is said about Magneto and Beast+Wolverine may be wrong as well
since it was taken down by Fox on CBM what It said about rogue,The sentinles and possibly
Apocalypse waking up at end
may be true.

That's how I see age of each characters, if it helps someone, here you have:

The tenor of Singer and Kinberg's comments leads me to believe that we'll see Apocalypse pick up quite soon after DofP's primary events, but we'll see what happens.

That's quite possible.

They may also Include something to set up X-Force.Apocalypse as villain opens door for Cable to be Included.And since it's quite likely Deadpool will be In X-force and singer has mentioned wanting to use him and we know Donnor wants to do more with Deadpool he could be used In Apocalypse as well.

The comment of them wanting to use elements of age of Apocalypse makes me think Apocalypse could be leading group of mutants against the world but we'll see.

The only plot hole I find irritating is how Xavier tells Logan that he met Magneto at 17. So specific, and now so specifically wrong. Such a minor detail at the time I'm sure, but god that urks me now.

I would love for DOFP to include a line of dialogue that references Magneto helping Charles to build Cerebro in the mansion. I can live with it if they don't, but it would be a great little bond between this timeline and X2.

That's nice of Empire, but I'm still good with never acknowledging Origins.

That's where I'm at as well, although to be fair to Origins, it didn't really cause any plot holes; First Class did most of the damage.

The only way to re-use Deadpool in X:A would be to leapfrog until after O:W and resurrect him, which, again, is not something I see them doing based on what they just said about how DofP and X:A connect.

It seems like this timeline set things up pretty nicely for X-Men Apocalypse.

It now seems Gambit, Cyclops, & Jean Grey are all very potential new teammates for a late 80s setting.

I would hope so. It makes sense to jump ahead again for consistancy, and these characters desperately need some attention.

The only way to re-use Deadpool in X:A would be to leapfrog until after O:W and resurrect him, which, again, is not something I see them doing based on what they just said about how DofP and X:A connect.

He was already alive again at the end of Origins.

I really don't see them leapfrogging until after O:W based on what we currently know.

If they want to have a X-force connection In Apocalypse it could simply be cable.In comics it was later said he secretly worked with Xavier for quite some time.Also In Comics it was quite some time after he was Introduced that they revealed he was a time traveler.

There's also little things, like in X3 where Logan is introduced to Beast.

Yet, we've seen some set/promo pics where those two are together.

Mystique Is out to kill Trask according to empire but spoiler said It would be Nixon

Plus what Is said about Magneto and Beast+Wolverine may be wrong as well
since it was taken down by Fox on CBM what It said about rogue,The sentinles and possibly
Apocalypse waking up at end
may be true.

ah :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"