oh my, i'm becoming a songwriter

Babs Gordon

lives
Reaction score
i've recorded a draft of my first original song and it's posted at
www.myspace.com/larissapowers
i'd love feedback if you want to give it. i've got some other songs in the mix and i'll hopefully record them with my dad. this particular song marshmallow catapult was recorded with my friend eli.

:up:

you've got a great voice babs....

really impressive... keep going and let us know when you post more songs on the site.

really really cool... congrats.

I'd have to take a listen when I'm not at work and I have decent speakers. But that's really great Babs. :up:

When you guys end your compliments with her name it sounds like you're trying to give support to a guitared eprson who tries so hard.

My brutal honesty and diamond-hard opinion will descend upon you after I get home from work to a computer that actually has speakers.

Tuki James Luka said:
When you guys end your compliments with her name it sounds like you're trying to give support to a guitared eprson who tries so hard.
LOL.

"Veeery GOOD BABS :eek: You DID it!!! *applause*, now let's do two times FIVE! Can you do that?"

I know, you're right, my little brother was mildly guitared so I've heard the tone offten, hahaha

Tuki James Luka said:

I'm Clive Davis b!tch!! :mad:

Larissa Explains It All!

I'll bet that's the first time you heard that one........today. :(

good one Liz..I missed that one. :D

I'm truely guitared. :(

It's weird learning a poster's real name. It's amost doesn't fit them because you are so use to calling them by their username.

Erzengel said:
It's weird learning a poster's real name. It's amost doesn't fit them because you are so use to calling them by their username.

Your real name is Erzengel? :( :confused: :eek:

Equint77 said:
Your real name is Erzengel? :( :confused: :eek:

I legally changed it. And it's just Erzengel. No last name.

lies... all lies... and here I trusted you for so long. :(

nice song, the second voice gets a little bit out of tune when coming into the song, the structure is nice and catchy... you have a very soothing voice, which I like, although I'm not that much into the whole folkish kind of stuff, it sounds like it can become a promising song with a full band arrengement

who's the guy with the third voice that comes later? he should have been a little bit away from the mic, he sounds ok, but that was just supposed to be a back up voice

overall, great song, honest sounding and with a very well established structure. of course, if you have a chance, record it with a full band

it's really not meant to be folkish. it's just all i got what with my friend and i only having two acoustic guitars and two voices between us. i was thinking of redoing it with my dad who is a professional guitarist and really good with digital instrumentation.

it was pretty much a draft though. i wrote that song sunday and recorded it mainly so i wouldn't forget what i wrote. i have a habit of forgetting melodies and stuff. bad!

thanks for the comments and constructive criticism though guys. it will help me a lot in the long run :)

Tuki James Luka said:

SILENCE N00B! :mad:

Babs Gordon said:
it's really not meant to be folkish. it's just all i got what with my friend and i only having two acoustic guitars and two voices between us. i was thinking of redoing it with my dad who is a professional guitarist and really good with digital instrumentation.

it was pretty much a draft though. i wrote that song sunday and recorded it mainly so i wouldn't forget what i wrote. i have a habit of forgetting melodies and stuff. bad!
it's good to always have means to record your ideas, specially if you plan on doing the whole songwriting thingie, and don't worry about the folksy thing, I use the acoustic guitar a lot for songwritting purposes

keep on going girl

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"