oh my, i'm becoming a songwriter

Wwwwoooowwwwww!!!:eek: :eek:

Beautiful song! Beautiful voice!:up:

I'm envious!

I agree with plas, the second backup singer is annoying, I cant even understand the lyrics. I like bright eyes new folk album, you should check it out.

there's only one back up singer. the two girls are both me if you couldn't guess. we actually recorded that song around 2 am on sunday night after several hours of work. our voices were both beginning to wear thin. he had me do back up on one of his songs which was awesome. his songs are flipping amazing.
thanks for the tip on bright eyes. i've heard of them before but never actually heard them.

Babs, you should've let him go ahead with his plan to dub you saying "because YOO can't sing way the heck up THERE." over the chorus and then removed his voice from the mix. :)

Anyway, I'll agree with others.
You have a beautiful voice, reminded me of some songs I love from the soundtrack to the film "The Wicker Man" as far as the sooth-factor.

That's not my kind of music but well done, especially for an early effort

A song of that type would really sound good with some more accompaniment and then holding back with the percussive strumming a bit. I heard some cool fretless bass lines and cello/violin stuff in my head while listening. And some backwards accordion too.

The guy almost ruined it near the end. He was (inadvertantly I'm sure...I hope:eek:) singing bluesey notes in completely inappropriate places and pouring busy mud all over some harmonies that could've sounded all wistful and angelic.

I like the cool note choice on the "uh" of "dis-UH--rray" though I wonder if you subconsciously ripped it off from that one hit by The Crash Test Dummies from the 90's. Not that it matters, I admire slickly ripped-off stuff when artfully camolflauged.
There's a chord change that sounded familiar and I kept expecting it to go into this line from a Gordon Lightfoot song that was ALSO completely ripped off in that Whitney Houston song where she goes, "...never to live in AN-y-one's shad-OW".
hehe, the incest that results when working with only 12 notes. :)

Very good job though and I love your voice and the harmonies!
I didn't read the lyrics 'cause I could tell from the first line that they'd make me barf........uh, in a GOOD way.

:up:

I was able to listen to both songs and you have a very pretty voice. I'm alway envious of those who could sing. :)

Erzengel said:
It's weird learning a poster's real name. It's amost doesn't fit them because you are so use to calling them by their username.

Just call me Josh and we'll be cool and possibly down with the homies if I get time for it.

thanks for the input. actually scream i was thinking a cello over the chorus myself. i don't know any cellists but i'm hoping my dad's sick synth has a good cello track. we'll see.

when i rerecord this i'm actually going to give my friend a harmony rather than let him take over since it is my song.

And aside from my name... good song. Not my type of music, but good anyway.

thanks jl. yeah i didn't really expect this to be SHH type music. my taste differs from most people here in this forum anyway. i wonder how many people here have even heard of guster, dispatch or the samples.

Babs Gordon said:
i wonder how many people here have even heard of guster, dispatch or the samples.
I've heard Guster because of an ex-girlfriend whose taste in music drove me nuts and I've heard the Samples thanks to another ex-girlfriend whose taste in music drove me nuts hahaha.

that's pretty funny actually. i guess my taste in music is simply destined to drive you nuts. but that's no sweat off my shoulders.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
There's a chord change that sounded familiar and I kept expecting it to go into this line from a Gordon Lightfoot song that was ALSO completely ripped off in that Whitney Houston song where she goes, "...never to live in AN-y-one's shad-OW".
:eek: holy.... crap.

i've *****ed about that to my girlfriend a few times over the years.
i never thought anyone else noticed it.
And the other half of the Whitney Chorus is actually from some other song- but i can't rember what it was any more. it was driving me crazy just a week ago trying to remember that other song.

as scream said before it's amazing how 12 notes get ripped. there's only so many chords. and human ears are actually built to hear pleasant and unpleasant chord changes so that narrows it down even more. the only chords in that song are dmaj, gmaj7, bmin, gmaj and amaj. not too complicated. with the singing though who knows how many suspended chords and add 2 and add 7 and add 4s i threw in there. i need to write it down on sheet music when i get the time and figure that out.

it's ok. if i hadn't played the oboe for ten years and taken music theory in college my songs would be like that too. just force yourself to learn chords and it'll get easier.

maxwell's demon said:
:eek: holy.... crap.

i've *****ed about that to my girlfriend a few times over the years.
i never thought anyone else noticed it.
Are you effing with me? :eek:...you're as musically perceptive as I am about the link between Gordon Lightfoot and Whitney ?!?

You're the tops.

yeah, it's from that AM radio deal where he goes, "If you could READ my mind,love, what a bla bla bla bla bla...just like a paperback movie, 'bout a ghost in a wishin' blah"

and then it's the part before he goes, "And I JUST can't, get it Back."

It's totally "bla bla blah, blabla BLAH blah blah,blabla Blah blah blah in AN-y-one's Shad-ow...".

And now the triumvirate is complete!

Gordon Lightfoot - Whitney Houston - Babs Gordon

nice.

i don't even know what songs your talking about.
if you are talking about any of the following chord changes i have to say that i'm sure they've been done dozens of time before:
gmaj7-d
d-Bm
bm-g
g-d
d-a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"