The Dark Knight Ok, so let's talk about the inevitable twist....

MechaOrga

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals mecha here, Just got to thinking about something today....

Chris nolan is known for makng movies that have a twist or a "rub" to the second half to the final half hour of the film(last two sequences)

All of his movies have this....now my question is this:what will be the "twist" in TDK?

Now this film doesnt have a lesser known villian like ra's or scarecrow to 180 the story and the villians(ducard=ra's frm begins...)

What will this one have? will it even have one? The joker is so well known, it would be hard to conceal something, some intention.....

sorry if this has been posted already

The ultimate twist of the Dark Knight is...
The Joker will be a robot.
RoboJoker2.jpg

Bruce's parents aren't really dead.

batman discovers he actually had a hand in creating the joker.

I think it will involve uncovering another layer of corruption within the city.

Flass turns out to be a good guy (I seriously think they'll use him like Bullock) and maybe Loeb turns out to be crooked... which would open the door for Jim eventually having his job...

In fact, I believe that Flass would end up helping to bring Loeb down... his atonement for being such a lousy cop before.

Joker actually killed the Waynes of course.

What about Harley Quinn jumping to the other side of the law? if she is even written into it...

ok

heres a theory ive been thinkin about for a long time now. its kind of out there i kno, but ive been thinkin a LOT about it, so keep an open mind! LOL

ok ok. so...

wat if its revealed that...

ALFRED killed bruse's parents

?

The Joker is revealed to really be....

[BLACKOUT]JOAN ALLEN[/BLACKOUT]

Bruse.... gotto luv the noobs... ^^^... i say it's some behind the scenes stuff someone pointed out earlier with Loeb and Flass and whoever... I mean what else can they do with Joker that hasn't already been done... maybe Bruce learns something else about his parents past if Black Mask is in... which he prolly is... I really got no idea...

See the problem is no matter what the twist may be, us fans will see it coming. The general audience may not, but we sure will and I'll tell you why. Nolan is very in tune with the characters' personality and I don't think he will depart from the source material that much.

I mean if the twist was Joker killing Rachel, it isn't something that the majority of fans haven't thought of before. Or maybe the twist would be the set-up for Harvey Dent's trial leading to his transformation in the sequel after the Dark Knight. It doesn't matter because one or most of the fanshave thought of these possible twists. We'd be glad if some of these twists become a reality, but I don't think we'd be suprised.

I truly believe that the DARK KNIGHT will have 2 twist here's my speculation

A female love interest is introduce in the beggining of the film in near the end she reveals to bruce wayne and the audience that she is Talia Al Ghul

Thomas Wayne and Martha Wayne was actualy a hit conducted by the mob (Maroni or Thorne) instead of a random crime.

the twist will be that Heath Ledger is playing Harvey Dent

The twist is that the Joker actually killed the Waynes!

But seriously, I hope Nolan can just make good Batman movies without trying to make them into his surprise ending films.

The "twist" will probably be that it isn't a perfectly happy ending and Dent gets a bunch of acid on his face (and maybe even Joker breaking out of jail in the same scene)

kytrigger said:
The "twist" will probably be that it isn't a perfectly happy ending and Dent gets a bunch of acid on his face (and maybe even Joker breaking out of jail in the same scene)

Id love to see the Joker escape in the end.

Staying true to the comics the Joker could be "killed" but the corpse wouldnt show up leaving the audience guessing:whatever:

btw wasnt nolan asked about a possible twist and answered that he wont leave the classic comicbook pattern but stay true to it in a surprising way?

edit: I just found the interview i was talking about:
Certainly all your films have trafficked in misdirection. Even in “Batman Begins,” with Liam Neeson’s character.

Well, Batman is an interesting case in point, because you’re dealing with a mythic character. And one of the qualities of mythic stories is familiarity — and, to a certain extent, predictability.

I don’t mean “predictability” in its usual pejorative sense. I mean it in the sense of the inevitable thing — the thing that allows a story to take on the character.

There’s a tension in the storytelling between the familiar elements that make up the myth and being able to surprise people. What it ultimately amounts to is a need for the filmmaker to achieve the inevitable in surprising ways

cryptic name said:
batman discovers he actually had a hand in creating the joker.

^^^AGREED
I BET ITS SOMTHIN TO DO WITH THE GAS FROM BB.:ninja:

saint sinner x said:
I truly believe that the DARK KNIGHT will have 2 twist here's my speculation

A female love interest is introduce in the beggining of the film in near the end she reveals to bruce wayne and the audience that she is Talia Al Ghul

Thomas Wayne and Martha Wayne was actualy a hit conducted by the mob (Maroni or Thorne) instead of a random crime.

I like the female love interest theory - a female interest uses Wayne to ruin Batman, and Talia Al Ghul fits that very well.

Unless they use Dr. Harleen Quinzell. Another one could be The Joker (before he became the Joker) was involved with Ra's Al Ghul..........

The twist will be that some of the murders that we think the Joker did, will actually have been committed by Likeable guy Harvey Dent.

Adam West said:
The twist will be that some of the murders that we think the Joker did, will actually have been committed by Likeable guy Harvey Dent.

Nice. :yay:

Adam West said:
I was gonna say that, something similar to the Long Halloween

thedarks0ldier said:
I was gonna say that, something similar to the Long Halloween
Yep. It would be especially potent if we think Joker kills Rachel, only to discover Harvey actually did it. (maybe she finds out he has been killing people, so he does it to silence her?)

West man, that's good idea and you should e-mail Nolan...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"