The Dark Knight Ok, so let's talk about the inevitable twist....

i still think that there will be a flashback where batman remembers dropping a faceless criminal into a chemical bath.

john woo will actually be directing this one
see bat-bike thread

People have been saying how they think the twist will be Harvey actually killing some people, while that would be good, I would like to see Gilda actually kill them instead. Have it so that the love story in teh movie doesn't have Bruce in it at all, and it's about Harvey and Gilda trying to keep their marriage together.

You could even have Batman and GHordon suspect that Dent was the killer, but at the end we see that it was actually Gilda.

The problem with having Dent be the killer, is that Two-Face is generally a sympathetic character, he was a good person, but went through some crazy **** and became an entirely different person: a villian. If you have him killing peole as Dent then that change form good to bad isn't really there, it's just a shallow cosmetic change.

kytrigger said:
The problem with having Dent be the killer, is that Two-Face is generally a sympathetic character, he was a good person, but went through some crazy **** and became an entirely different person: a villian. If you have him killing peole as Dent then that change form good to bad isn't really there, it's just a shallow cosmetic change.

My thoughts exactly.

kytrigger said:
People have been saying how they think the twist will be Harvey actually killing some people, while that would be good, I would like to see Gilda actually kill them instead. Have it so that the love story in teh movie doesn't have Bruce in it at all, and it's about Harvey and Gilda trying to keep their marriage together.

You could even have Batman and GHordon suspect that Dent was the killer, but at the end we see that it was actually Gilda.

In fact, why not just exclude both Bruce and Batman and have it be a crime noir and call it Gotham Confidential.

cryptic name said:
i still think that there will be a flashback where batman remembers dropping a faceless criminal into a chemical bath.

NO WAY!! Nolan is way too original for that . . . NOTHING like that will be involved in the twist . . . nothing alluding too strongly to any previous bat-films . . .

saint sinner x said:
I truly believe that the DARK KNIGHT will have 2 twist here's my speculation

A female love interest is introduce in the beggining of the film in near the end she reveals to bruce wayne and the audience that she is Talia Al Ghul

Thomas Wayne and Martha Wayne was actualy a hit conducted by the mob (Maroni or Thorne) instead of a random crime.

i'm digging both of those ideas. a complimentary can of soup for you my friend

DV8 said:
NO WAY!! Nolan is way too original for that . . . NOTHING like that will be involved in the twist . . . nothing alluding too strongly to any previous bat-films . . .

nolan's too original to follow the comics? the twist should be batman realizing that he created the joker, or was at least present when the red hood had his accident. it's this little nothing incident to him that leads to the creation of his greatest enemy.

Bruce walks in on Rachael Dawes having sex with Tom Cruise

I would like to see something like Dent doing something like Two-Face even before becoming Two Face.

the inevitable twist: Nolan admits how non sensical, cheap and cheating his big 'prestige' twist was, and further admits that "it was in the book" was not a valid reason to use it in the movie.

Batman gets AIDS, that would be an interesting twist.......

Adam West said:
The twist will be that some of the murders that we think the Joker did, will actually have been committed by Likeable guy Harvey Dent.
That would be nice.

Adam West said:
The twist will be that some of the murders that we think the Joker did, will actually have been committed by Likeable guy Harvey Dent.
That would be nice. Sorry accidental doulble post

You know Harvey doing the killing makes sense Think about in Batman: The Animated Series, shades of Two-Face were shown before his transformation with the multiple personality of Harvey/ Big Bad Harv. Maybe during the course of the film we see heroic crusading DA Harvey Dent and at the end, with Harvey's other side is revealed at the end with "big Bad Harv" actually killing Rachel or some other people that Joker was suppossed to kill. Then in the next film, we see Two-Face and people might understand Harvey's character more. Tragic somewhat yet bringing in a surprise.

Ceb-Man said:
You know Harvey doing the killing makes sense Think about in Batman: The Animated Series, shades of Two-Face were shown before his transformation with the multiple personality of Harvey/ Big Bad Harv. Maybe during the course of the film we see heroic crusading DA Harvey Dent and at the end, with Harvey's other side is revealed at the end with "big Bad Harv" actually killing Rachel or some other people that Joker was suppossed to kill. Then in the next film, we see Two-Face and people might understand Harvey's character more. Tragic somewhat yet bringing in a surprise.

That's the thing about the animated series and TLH portrayals of Harvey Dent, they showed he had a dark side. BUT, in neither of those stories, did he ever cross the line into murder, that is until he became 2-Face.
I think it makes sense to show Harvey Dent has a dark side, just like how Bruce Wayne has a dark side. That there is that potential for Dent to become a destructive force.
But he remains on the side of good, never crossing that line, until after he become 2-face.
Sorry, I'm just really against the idea that Dent is a murderer before he changes to 2-face. Not that our opinions really matter anyways, its ultimately up to the writers. You hear me Nolan brothers!!!?

Ceb-Man said:

Harvey's Origin in B:TAS IMO was the worse thing about B:TAS.

I do think the "twist" will have to involve Harv. I am thinking the final scene will either be the courtoom acid scene - or the site of Two-Face's first victim post acid.

cryptic name said:
nolan's too original to follow the comics? the twist should be batman realizing that he created the joker, or was at least present when the red hood had his accident. it's this little nothing incident to him that leads to the creation of his greatest enemy.

*yawn*

Miranda Fox said:
That would make for an awesome twist. Imagine Bruce's horror when he discovers he's been madly hunting the Joker and - presumably - beats and almost kills him only to find out it was his ally all along? Sounds very Nolan-ish. :up:

I could easily see that happening. Bats finally gets the upper hand and corners the Joker. He pummels the snot out of him and totally owns him. Joker asks why and Bats says that he's getting back for Rachel, but the Joker protests his innocence in THAT particular crime.

Many Batman fans are kind of expecting that the Joker will kill Rachel if she appears in the film. It's almost too obvious and therefore anti-climactic.

Silver Souper said:
the inevitable twist: Nolan admits how non sensical, cheap and cheating his big 'prestige' twist was, and further admits that "it was in the book" was not a valid reason to use it in the movie.

it wasn't cheating, it was hinted at through the entire movie.

cryptic name said:
don't make a bulls**t statement if you don't care enough to discuss it.

The reason he didn't discuss it is because he doesn't have to.

Nolan has to intentionally stay away from anything that is too close to Batman 89 because, as I've said many times on these boards, the only reason to do another Joker movie is to it differently than it's been done before, to keep it fresh and new.

Batman already dropped a guy in a chemical bath and turned him into the Joker. This time, if Joker has a chemical bath, Batman shouldn't be directly involved. Or else, Batman is involved and it's not a chemical bath. It has to be different than what's already been done.

Understand? Good.

My guess is the twist wont be anything discussed in this thread. If you're guessing it here, then it's too obvious. Heck, the only reason the Ducard/Ra's twist was discovered was due to a casting press-release mishap ("Liam Neeson is Ra's", followed by "whoops! Neeson is Ducard, Watanabe is Ra's!")and later the script release.

Of course, I really dont think a twist is needed. Nolan might go for one, but i'd honestly prefer he doesn't. If he keeps having a twist in every single movie, then people are gonna start looking for them (like we are now) and a lot might end up spoiled before the movie hits. We dont want Nolan to turn into another M. Night Shlamalamadingdong (sp).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"