The Dark Knight Ok, so let's talk about the inevitable twist....

drunkhomer said:
Bruce walks in on Rachael Dawes having sex with Tom Cruise
It's not supposed to be a horror movie, or is it?

On the other hand, Cruise's mindless, fixed grin give's him some Jokerish quality. :woot:

xforce said:
It's not supposed to be a horror movie, or is it?

On the other hand, Cruise's mindless, fixed grin give's him some Jokerish quality. :woot:

51259260_10.jpg

When it comes to twists.....then as I have stated and suggested many times.....Talia must be introduced. The way that seems logical to introduce her would be as someone else just like her father was introduced. The main candidate for her to use to deceive Batman would be to use the Lady Shiva character and be a lead assasin for the League of Shadows who is mysterious and is hunting and monitoring the Dark Knight to take revenge on him for the death of Ra's Al Ghul. Towards the end however, she will reveal her true identity as the daughter of the Demons Head. The general movie audience will freakin LOVE IT

Hey Maybe Cruise can make a good joker. That pic proves it.

personally i think the twist of the two female characters work best

the idea of talia works in the same line as ra's in BB

where as if you end it with joker sitting in arkham and being introduced to dr. harleen quinnzel(sp) works along the same lines as the playing card from the first

plus i think that would be the perfect ending a pull out on arkham as a storm rages hearing the jokers laughing

Keyser Sushi said:
The reason he didn't discuss it is because he doesn't have to.

Nolan has to intentionally stay away from anything that is too close to Batman 89 because, as I've said many times on these boards, the only reason to do another Joker movie is to it differently than it's been done before, to keep it fresh and new.

Batman already dropped a guy in a chemical bath and turned him into the Joker. This time, if Joker has a chemical bath, Batman shouldn't be directly involved. Or else, Batman is involved and it's not a chemical bath. It has to be different than what's already been done.

Understand? Good.

don't be condescending, keyser.
batman being partly responsible for the joker's creation adds so much to the character, and it would be a cool twist within the context of the film.
and it's fine if he doesn't agree, but to take the time to quote my post and simply type *yawn* is a dick thing to do and adds nothing to these proceedings.

cryptic name said:
batman being partly responsible for the joker's creation adds so much to the character, and it would be a cool twist within the context of the film.
and it's fine if he doesn't agree, but to take the time to quote my post and simply type *yawn* is a dick thing to do and adds nothing to these proceedings.

The Batman shouldn't hate the Joker because he created the Joker - Batman should hate the Joker because of what he does, what he stands for.

StorminNorman said:
The Batman shouldn't hate the Joker because he created the Joker - Batman should hate the Joker because of what he does, what he stands for.

But for that matter he should hate every villiain the same.

cryptic name said:

Shall I also stop being Keyser, my good man? :D

You make a fair point. But what the hell, we all have our moments. See Dick. See Dick post.

El Payaso said:
But for that matter he should hate every villiain the same.

But not all criminals stand for the same thing, sir.

Keyser Sushi said:
Shall I also stop being Keyser, my good man? :D

You make a fair point. But what the hell, we all have our moments. See Dick. See Dick post.

very good. :up:

bleh

although seeing talia would be cool, the story of a daughter coming back to get revenge on her dad would be soooooo blah

Keyser Sushi said:
But not all criminals stand for the same thing, sir.

One of them standing for truth, law, justice, order, crimefighting? :huh:

There will be two twists, and neither will be much of a suprise to any of us...

The Joker is captured and put into Arkham, and we see that he is difficult to treat. He gives a nice little speech to his docter, and then she smiles at him. It is a smile that tells us something is not quite right. Combine that with a scene of Dent talking to himself in the mirror, and you've got a hell of a cliffhanger and a lead into movie3.

There can also be a twist in the middle of the third act when Bruce finds out that he was responsible for the Joker disfigerment and/or transformation, for example......

Remember the scene in BB where Batman attacks Crane and his goons in the asylum? Well the place was full of chemical vats and Batman was throwing guys everywhere. This solves the problem of how to tie the Red Hood or a similiar origin event into what is shown in BB.

And Batman HAS TO be partially responsible for the Joker (just as Ra's was partly responsible for Batman) or else it's not ESCALATION and it removes a large part of the dichtonomy in The Bat vs The Clown. And Nolan has already said TDK is about the consequences of Batman's actions.

Nepenthes said:
There will be two twists, and neither will be much of a suprise to any of us...

The Joker is captured and put into Arkham, and we see that he is difficult to treat. He gives a nice little speech to his docter, and then she smiles at him. It is a smile that tells us something is not quite right. Combine that with a scene of Dent talking to himself in the mirror, and you've got a hell of a cliffhanger and a lead into movie3.

There can also be a twist in the middle of the third act when Bruce finds out that he was responsible for the Joker disfigerment and/or transformation, for example......

Remember the scene in BB where Batman attacks Crane and his goons in the asylum? Well the place was full of chemical vats and Batman was throwing guys everywhere. This solves the problem of how to tie the Red Hood or a similiar origin event into what is shown in BB.

And Batman HAS TO be partially responsible for the Joker (just as Ra's was partly responsible for Batman) or else it's not ESCALATION and it removes a large part of the dichtonomy in The Bat vs The Clown. And Nolan has already said TDK is about the consequences of Batman's actions.

im kinda with you on all of this stuff, nice and thought out.

we as fanboys/moviegeeks need to remember that change from the source material is inevitable(IE ra's training wayne, crane working at arkham---all genius changes and enriching changes IMO)

As much as I LOVE the mindless, one dimensional, kill everything joker in the comic books(Origin not known to very vague) this will not be the case in TDK

TRUST ME....if nolan were to do this joker than he will have critics and movie fans at his throat for giving our protagonist a one dimensional adversary(crane was one dimensional but was second fiddle to RA's)

The only way we are gonna get a one dimensional "kill all" joker with a non- existant past is if we have a joker like crane(second fiddle in screen time to larger villians), which i dont think nolan will do to the fans....

whats my point? there will be a twist(nolan always has them, although not heavy handed like M. Night) and will no doubt broaden the jokers origin...or not.....just my 2 cents....

Batman discovers that not all the murders going on in Gotham city have been The Joker, and that big bad Harv has been bashing some skulls.

orrrrrrrrrrr

Just that Harvey has a split personality disorder

My thought is more of a "wrinkle" than a "twist". I liked the way BTAS showed how Harvey suffered from a troubled mind for some time before becoming Two-Face. Often, throughout the history of Batman, Harvey is depicted as having a friendship with Bruce, and/or having an alliance with Batman. What if DK shows how Bruce and Harvey first met? My idea, they met in their youth. Specifically, after Bruce's parent's murder. Batman Begins shows very clearly how troubled Bruce was(planning Joe Chill's death). Those feelings were bound to show up elsewhere in his life. What if Bruce met Harvey in a youth therapy group? Through flashbacks DK could show a new angle on Bruce's and Harvey's friendship. By developing Harvey this way, DK can still keep the focus of the movie on Bruce/Batman. What do you think?

Batman discovers the SHH boards and realizes a lot of his fans need to be punched in the nuts.

*Punches your ass cheeks* You've just been prestiged.

Thomas and Martha Wayne never actually died, and faked their death to play a trick on little Bruce.

Seen said:
Thomas and Martha Wayne never actually died, and faked their death to play a trick on little Bruce.

The whole trilogy is going to be one big elaborate Punkd prank with Kutcher showing up at the end and Bale whips his ass.

RedIsNotBlue said:
*Punches your ass cheeks* You've just been prestiged.

When all is said and done, I think I got off easy...

RedIsNotBlue said:
The whole trilogy is going to be one big elaborate Punkd prank with Kutcher showing up at the end and Bale whips his ass.

It would be worth it just to see Bale whip Kutcher's ass. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"