• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Old MCU Fantastic Four Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that Franklin Richards was just officially named the Marvel Universe's most powerful mutant.

I think we always sort of suspected that, but it will be interesting to see how that impacts the future of the comic and film universes.

Speaking on Franklin, I wonder if the MCU should have Reed and Sue married with kids in the first film or perhaps save that until a little later.

Speaking on Franklin, I wonder if the MCU should have Reed and Sue married with kids in the first film or perhaps save that until a little later.

I'm torn, because on one hand, I'd like to see those things develop over a series of films, but on the other hand, we'll probably be lucky to get three or four films and that won't be enough time to properly develop things.

Later. Having them be already at that stage misses out a lot of growth and adds another character that may take up screentime before we get to know the team. Plus, if Franklin is at the age most are familiar with then the FF would have had their powers for years. Because Franklin has to be born when the Reed and Sue have powers.
I don't want another origin, but I also don't want them that experienced right off the bat.

This will be set in a connected universe which means that stories can appear in other films. That means they have more than 3 films to set it up. Plus there is also the possibility of four films. Thor is about to get his fourth film and if the FF do well they could easily get four too, and Fantastic Four getting four films just feels right (wow that sentence had a lot of fours).

Wasn't there talk years ago about MCU trying to do a Power Pack movie? Franklin would be icing on the cake.

I really wish they didn't use Sterling K. Brown in Black Panther. He would have made an excellent Reed.

I'd have Franklin and Valeria from the get go. It provides the MCU FF with a clear separation from the two failed Fox series and enhances the family dynamic that makes the team so special. Both of the kids were stars of the Hickman series and I don't see any reason not to dive right into the good stuff.

Have them be already married, get their powers, then Sue announces she's pregnant by the end of the movie.

Haha that headline almost got me excited til the fourth word

I do hope that when Feige & Marvel start to develop the movie and look for inspiration from the comics, they look to Lee & Kirby, of course, but also to Hickman as well (such as they did in Infinity War). This new film take on the Fantastic Four should marry classic superhero flare of those earlier issues with the weight & drama that Hickman's saga injected.

But with that being said, to accurately and honestly portray the dysfunctional loving relationships of the four, I do think Marvel will—and should— lean on their ability to bring comedy to their films. At the core, the Fantastic Four is a family adventure and while the stakes should always be high, we don't need to sacrifice the fun.

Marvel’s The Fantastic Four
Journey Across the Multiverse

Directed by Marielle Heller (Can You Ever Forgive Me, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood)

“Solve everything.”

Dr. Reed Richards seeks to traverse the infinite realities of the multiverse in his quest to solve everything, and quickly becomes a global pioneer in scientific inter-dimensional exploration and something of a media-darling along with his adventuring super-powered family, affectionately dubbed the “Fantastic Four.” The four operate out of the freshly-minted Baxter Building, former home of earth’s mightiest heroes, now a revolutionary think-tank attracting international, young new leaders of scientific discovery.

Susan Richards leads the day-to-day operation of the Baxter labs, allowing her husband Reed more time to dedicate to his research, and often lends herself to be the family’s public face in interviews, late night appearances, etc. Johnny Storm takes advantage of his celebrity status by hitting the party circuit where his hot head attitude is oft on full display, and in front of paparazzi cameras no less. And Ben Grimm, Reed’s lifelong best pal and former USAF test pilot, finds a new home & life in the Baxter Building after his cosmic transformation.

The family hops in their Fantasticar and journey from one reality to the next, gaining a friend in the lost Lyja whose Skrull homeworld is unlike the one we know, and even encountering a subterranean world ruled by the Mole Man. Their adventures catch the attention of the insatiable Annihilus & his annihilation wave, inhabitants of the Negative Zone—the space that lay between dimensions. They hunger for the energies that are stemming from our reality. And when Annihilus’ gaze turns towards Earth and it’s whole dimension, the Fantastic Four must race to save our reality from total annihilation.

post credit scene a:

A group of mysterious Skrulls approach Lyja with the intention of recruiting her. They will be monitoring the four closely now & commit to “making their powers our own.” (allusion to Super Skrull, and potential further Skrull/Earth conflicts including, but not limited to, Secret Invasion, Kree/Skrull War)

post credit scene b:

Uatu watches among the stars and delivers a soliloquy to the audience pointedly marking “the coming of Galactus.” A silver streak darts across the ocean of space before we cut to black.

Here's a film outline that highlights the four in their truest form: as explorers of new frontiers of scientific knowledge and beyond, all while featuring some very recognizable bits of the Fantastic Four lore (i.e. the Fantasticar, H.E.R.B.I.E., etc.) And with seeds being sown for future entanglements with the Skrulls, the Council of Reeds and the threat of Incursion, an Annihilation-inspired crossover film event, and even Galactus & his heralds, a new Fantastic Four film in the MCU doesn't even need to address Doctor Doom and Latveria. Yet.

BossLogic created some incredible artwork of an MCU-inspired Annihilus that should be featured here too, and makes for a great character model:
DvHJvjNVsAAg0X_.jpg

family.
Reed Richards: Bill Hader, 41
02_bill_hader_006-video_thr_2019.jpg

Susan Storm: Amanda Seyfried, 33
amanda-seyfried-1516202488-view-1.jpg

Ben Grimm: Seth Rogen, 37
190712_lion-king-premiere-seth-rogen_AFP.jpg

Johnny Storm: Ross Lynch, 23
ross-lynch.png

villains.
Annihilus: Alexander Skarsgård, 43
0b55ba255ad095184881a4d5843b3fe9a8c213b80606b57203a20192edc51fbd.jpg

Mole Man: Alfred Molina, 66
Alfred-Molina-movies-ranked.jpg

allies.
H.E.R.B.I.E, the Fantastic Four's robot companion: Bill Hader voiceover (a la Star Wars' BB8)
fantastic-four-who-is-herbie-introduction-1122550.jpeg

Roberta, the Baxter Building's android receptionist: Maya Rudolph, 47
maya-rudolph.jpg

Lyja: Joey King, 20

Leonard "Doc" Samson: Ty Burrell, 52
Ty_Burrell_crop_2852618b.jpg

Wyatt Wingfoot: Adam Beach, 46
https://****************.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/beimage.jpeg

FF588_Cover1-1.jpg

multiverse.jpg

Mole_Man_tim-blake-nelson.jpg

latest

fantasticar.jpg

robertaff_05.jpg

h9hoyq57n5d11.jpg
Amanda Seyfried Apparently Turned Down MCU’s Gamora Because of That Green Makeup

I'm starting to really like the idea of Bill Hader as Reed. I could definitely see him being RDJ's spiritual successor. Although I could see him playing Reed much more straight-laced, Reed being highly charismatic would instantly make him a fan favorite. Barry is a good example

Jack Dylan Grazer I see as Johnny (if Shazam won't be a problem) and Haley Bennett I could see as Sue. I'm still on the Seth Rogen as Ben train

Yeah I also like Hader. I feel like he could be a good anchor to the zaniness plus handle the comedy well. Plus as we know the best marvel actors and actresses like RDJ, Holland and Hemsworth do improv really well

Secret Wars would be an obvious candidate to bring everyone together.

Original 80's Battleworld & Beyonder or Hickman's God Emperor Doom?

It has to be Original 80's Battleworld. That is one of my favourite stories, but I'm not sure how they could fit that into the space of a 2-3 hour movie unless they split it into two parts like Infinity War/ Endgame.

Also, they're missing Spider-Man.

I know everyone loves the classics but to me the god emperor doom stuff is just so wonderful. It would be the geek equivalent of marvel making us ice cream with chocolate topping and sprinkles

I think the modern SW would in the MCU require a HUGE build up that would need to be even bigger and longer than the road to Thanos if it were to be adapted even half faithfully. The elements of the IG story taken (with the barest pinch of Infinity, and that might only be the presence of the Black Order) were a lot easier to adapt into the MCU, and even then it's all more a gloss on the comics than a faithful adaptation, even with ten years and 22 movies worth of story.

The newer SW has... A lot. Concepts and characters that either aren't explicitly in the MCU now or have easily found analogs. And the huge element of Doom as THE villain of the Marvel Universe has not even been brought to the fore.

So thinking on that... I suspect the simplicity of the original SW will probably be how they would tackle this.

Hey how about that spidey news? Hopefully if he gets one more appearance in an mcu film he can hang out with Johnny, at least once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"