OMG, more deaths? 100th episode spoilers

Well there is always the possiblitiy of whoever dies, undying. Remember they have been using Superman 1 and 2 as a loose guide lately, Clark could actually figure out a way to undo the death like he did with Lois in Superman 1.

mellyM said:
True, as much as I love John Glover, Lionel has really served his purpose, and has become expendable..so maybe they'll let both Clark and Lex lose their fathers? I don't know if they would have bothered establishing Chloe in Metropolis and the Daily Planet if they were just going to kill her...ugh, it still all sucks alot, I like Bo Kent.:(

I like Jonathan, but I'd rather it be him and/or Lionel than just about anyone else if I had to choose.

triplet said:
I like Jonathan, but I'd rather it be him and/or Lionel than just about anyone else if I had to choose.
id rather it be Chloe Personally, cause she is not a comic book character, and she doesnt fit into clarks future, and pete was a comic character that was his friend, i want pete back so we could see some Clark lois Pete interaction!!

Pete's not coming back... Sam Jones III is on ER now, even if it's only a recurring role and not a regular one, and is doing movies.

But Jonathan died in the Donner film, why is everyone always gunning for chloe? She's wondeful and just because she's not in the comics doesn't mean she has to die.

They already killed her once, I don't see her dying again so soon. Anyway, as much as Clark loves her as a friend her death wouldn't mean as much as Jonathan's would.

I guess we'll see in like in February when episode 100 airs...

just to let you know it didnt say another MAJOR death it just sed "Its safe to say it wont be the only death you see in that episode"

meaning it could be anyone... **** it could be farmer joe for all we know

and i could scan if anyone wants me to as long as tv guide isnt gay like toyfare and wizard etc.

muscaremy said:
just to let you know it didnt say another MAJOR death it just sed "Its safe to say it wont be the only death you see in that episode"

meaning it could be anyone... **** it could be farmer joe for all we know

and i could scan if anyone wants me to as long as tv guide isnt gay like toyfare and wizard etc.

?

"[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gough has also teased that there will actually be more than one major death in the episode."
[/font]

pleeeease let it not be Chloe.

Someone on the Planet suggested Jor-El [and the sheriff, but.....let's focus on Jor], which at first I thought "No," cuz Jor-Lionel said the lifeforce would be taken from someone Clark loves. At this point, Clark doesn't love Jor-El....might that change by 5.12? Jor-El's character has certainly changed since since he was first introduced, and he's becoming much more of a good guy {"Always know that I love you."}.

Zorex_519 said:
pleeeease let it not be Chloe.

Someone on the Planet suggested Jor-El [and the sheriff, but.....let's focus on Jor], which at first I thought "No," cuz Jor-Lionel said the lifeforce would be taken from someone Clark loves. At this point, Clark doesn't love Jor-El....might that change by 5.12? Jor-El's character has certainly changed since since he was first introduced, and he's becoming much more of a good guy {"Always know that I love you."}.
not gonna happen Smallville and Sr are not Gonna contradict each other, therefore JOREL WILL NOT DIE! next!

Clarky&Lois said:
not gonna happen Smallville and Sr are not Gonna contradict each other, therefore JOREL WILL NOT DIE! next!
Well, I would agree that Jor-El isn't gonna be the one who dies. (In point of fact, he's already dead.)

I think the "more than one major death" quote is probably in reference to some calamity they're planning for the 100th episode. There were 17 "deaths" in Arrival, not counting Clark's (temporary?) offing of the two Kryptonians into the Phantom Zone. LOL

As to the continuity connection between film and skein... I let somebody else debate that issue. I'm tired today. :)

Again, Jonathan dying is not necesarry in Smallville continuity. There is no way Jonathan can die of "natural causes." The only reason he has a "heart problem" is because of Jor-El. They purposely de-aged the Kents so that Jonathan dying wouldn't make any sense. Even if Jonathan has a heart attack and dies, Clark will either blame himself or blame Jor-El. Jonathan dying (in the SV-verse) will NOT teach Clark anything.

Jor-El giving up his sentience, on the other hand...

KalKai said:
again, Chloe won't die, are you all forgetting what they said about her? it will be her BEST season.

Her "best season" could be because of her DEATH. Think about it...what is Chloe's purpose and goals, aside from being Clark's sidekick;

She wanted to always one day work for the Daily Planet (as a journalist), that BECOMES a reality this season, she achieves her goals.....what further purpose does she serve now? Literally nothing. By episode 12, she would have already had alot of episodes serving as Clarks sidekick too (even though before she knew about his powers, she had a similar role).

Ill be laughing so hard if Chloe dies, because then the morons at K-site who worship her night and day and believe shes Lois Lane....will be in for a surprise.

RakuMon said:
Again, Jonathan dying is not necesarry in Smallville continuity. There is no way Jonathan can die of "natural causes." The only reason he has a "heart problem" is because of Jor-El. They purposely de-aged the Kents so that Jonathan dying wouldn't make any sense. Even if Jonathan has a heart attack and dies, Clark will either blame himself or blame Jor-El. Jonathan dying (in the SV-verse) will NOT teach Clark anything.

Jor-El giving up his sentience, on the other hand...

Except one of them; Miles Millar and Al Gough dropped that SV will END with Jonathan dying and Clark donning the tights.

But they said SV will END that way, and I dont think this is SV's last season and the 100th isnt the last episode. Its too soon for him to die...espeically in the middle of the storyline where hes running for Mayor of Smallville against Lex.

Again, Jorel is already dead. Jorel says he was taking the mortal lifeforce from someone in order to save Clark (from someone whos living). Jorel dying again would make no sense.

Jorel is either a computer artificial intelligence (which makes the most sense) or as some people suggested hes some kind of spirit or ghost (which makes much LESS sense). If Jorel is some immortal spirit, him dying WOULDNT make any sense either....since hes a ghost.

Jonathan's death mid-season wouldn't fit with what TPTB told John about his being there all season.

Of course, it wouldn't be the first time TPTB told a fib . . .

What I want to know is, why are they always wanting to get rid of cast members, when their cast is the single best asset they've got??

ETA: CS, could you provide a source for that quote about Jonathan dying at the end of the series? I've never heard that before and would like to read the article. Thanks.

Crisis Superman said:
Her "best season" could be because of her DEATH. Think about it...what is Chloe's purpose and goals, aside from being Clark's sidekick;

She wanted to always one day work for the Daily Planet (as a journalist), that BECOMES a reality this season, she achieves her goals.....what further purpose does she serve now? Literally nothing. By episode 12, she would have already had alot of episodes serving as Clarks sidekick too (even though before she knew about his powers, she had a similar role).

Ill be laughing so hard if Chloe dies, because then the morons at K-site who worship her night and day and believe shes Lois Lane....will be in for a surprise.
lol true and there are alot of morons at k-site still under that belief!lol:rolleyes:

Who knows? Maybe it's Lionel, not Jor-El.

John Glover loves working on Smallville but he's got other things he could be doing so his leaving the show would make some sense.

I'd miss him, however. He's such a wonderful actor and a real asset to the show.

Chloe, ‘Jor-el’ -- either of these deaths could serve a larger purpose or make a lot of sense.

Chloe doesn’t have to be chosen as the one to die you know? She could find out about the sacrifice that must be made in order to bring Clark back. If she does, there’s nothing stopping here from going to the Fortress herself (cause she knows where it is), and telling Jor-el she’ll be that person.

Could you imagine the visual of her desperately trekking through the North Pole, arriving near death at the Fortress and calling out Jor-el to make her plea? I think Jor-el would finally learn how valuable human relationships can be in Clark’s life.

That death could also teach Clark a great deal, and push Lois in the direction she needs to go.

‘Jor-el’ could be divided into two categories (hence the quotes around his name). Let’s assume for a moment his life-force or soul are somehow still kicking around in the Fortress, or in Lionel. If Jor-el sacrifices his life force for Clark, you can bet that moment on its own will make Jor-el a loved member of Clark’s life. Jor-el could still then exist as the voice of the computer simulation that would train Clark to be Superman. And I’m sure Clark would be more receptive to his hero destiny if Jor-el gives up his soul to make him see that point.

Personally I prefer seeing Chloe go. She's got to go eventually (that much I think we can all agree on) and I can't imagine a better way for her to go then choosing to sacrifice herself so that the world can be 'saved' by Clark/Superman. She already alludes to his destiny -- she knows what he's meant to do, she knows who he really is. All that adds up to a heart wrenching moment where she dies in Clarks arms making him promise her he will do great things with his gifts (and in consequence not waste her sacrifice).

That was just a lot of fanfic, but I can only hope that’s how they go.

It's not so much that Jor-El dies, but giving up his sentience so that he's no longer there to guide Kal-El. Then and only then will Clark realize Jor-El's intentions and thus completely accept his destiny.

Jor-El is much more than a computer program. And even if he where, he's definitely a sentient one. It would be much like Data giving up his "life" for Picard. Although he technically cannot "die," he can still sacrifice himself. Much like Jor-El.

To me, this is the most obvious and logical choice for the writers.

I agree Clark should lose a father, I just don't think it should be Jonathan.

GinaRenee said:
Jonathan's death mid-season wouldn't fit with what TPTB told John about his being there all season.

Of course, it wouldn't be the first time TPTB told a fib . . .

What I want to know is, why are they always wanting to get rid of cast members, when their cast is the single best asset they've got??

ETA: CS, could you provide a source for that quote about Jonathan dying at the end of the series? I've never heard that before and would like to read the article. Thanks.
Allison was told the same thing, that'd she'd be in every episode, at least thats what she said, so honestly, I don't think it matters, I'm pretty sure they can off them anytime they like.
And while I don't agree with the crazy Chlois peeps on Ksite, I definitely won't be laughing if she dies..it'd be incredibly sad..(but would it be Clark's darkest hour?)

triplet said:
Who knows? Maybe it's Lionel, not Jor-El.

John Glover loves working on Smallville but he's got other things he could be doing so his leaving the show would make some sense.

I'd miss him, however. He's such a wonderful actor and a real asset to the show.

Lionel could be the 2nd death. Not the first, since Clark doesnt LOVE Lionel.

Zing79 said:
Chloe, ‘Jor-el’ -- either of these deaths could serve a larger purpose or make a lot of sense.

Chloe doesn’t have to be chosen as the one to die you know? She could find out about the sacrifice that must be made in order to bring Clark back. If she does, there’s nothing stopping here from going to the Fortress herself (cause she knows where it is), and telling Jor-el she’ll be that person.

Could you imagine the visual of her desperately trekking through the North Pole, arriving near death at the Fortress and calling out Jor-el to make her plea? I think Jor-el would finally learn how valuable human relationships can be in Clark’s life.

That death could also teach Clark a great deal, and push Lois in the direction she needs to go.

‘Jor-el’ could be divided into two categories (hence the quotes around his name). Let’s assume for a moment his life-force or soul are somehow still kicking around in the Fortress, or in Lionel. If Jor-el sacrifices his life force for Clark, you can bet that moment on its own will make Jor-el a loved member of Clark’s life. Jor-el could still then exist as the voice of the computer simulation that would train Clark to be Superman. And I’m sure Clark would be more receptive to his hero destiny if Jor-el gives up his soul to make him see that point.

Personally I prefer seeing Chloe go. She's got to go eventually (that much I think we can all agree on) and I can't imagine a better way for her to go then choosing to sacrifice herself so that the world can be 'saved' by Clark/Superman. She already alludes to his destiny -- she knows what he's meant to do, she knows who he really is. All that adds up to a heart wrenching moment where she dies in Clarks arms making him promise her he will do great things with his gifts (and in consequence not waste her sacrifice).

That was just a lot of fanfic, but I can only hope that’s how they go.
jo-rels not sacrificing his life force for clark, Contradiction to Superman Returns, so it aint happening.:down

RakuMon said:
It's not so much that Jor-El dies, but giving up his sentience so that he's no longer there to guide Kal-El. Then and only then will Clark realize Jor-El's intentions and thus completely accept his destiny.

Jor-El is much more than a computer program. And even if he where, he's definitely a sentient one. It would be much like Data giving up his "life" for Picard. Although he technically cannot "die," he can still sacrifice himself. Much like Jor-El.

To me, this is the most obvious and logical choice for the writers.

I agree Clark should lose a father, I just don't think it should be Jonathan.

Data has no mortal energy though, no soul. Hes a machine. Jorel said in nature theres a balance and the lifeforce from someone living must be sacrificed and given to Clark to bring him back.

And if Jorel isnt a computer repository, what is he!? Immortal? A god? Kryptonians dont have those powers... and when Jorel was on Earth he did use technology in the Cave Walls.

The other issue is economics. With no Jorel this early, it would deem the expensive Fortress of Solitude set useless. Clark is the only one that could survive in there and without anything to guide him in there, he'll have no reason to even go there or lack the motivation too.

I don't think we all agree that Chloe needs to die. I don't.

Chloe is key to the show, dramatically. She's Clark's emotional foil.

She shows emotion that Clark can't or won't show. Which is part of the reason she cries so damn much, as much as some people round here hate that - it serves a dramatic purpose. How would they replace that part of her role? Bring back Pete? No way. He has the emotional depth of a piece of wood.

Jonathan is his moral compass so he's important to Clark too.

Personally, of any of them, I'd most prefer to see Jonathan go but I love the relationship he has with Clark and his love for Martha is terrific so as much as his moral platitudes sometimes annoy me, I'd miss him too.

darkzombiemutt said:
Clark could actually figure out a way to undo the death like he did with Lois in Superman 1.

I still think there's a chance that Martha's "Kryptonian" illness could be related, but that somehow Clark will find a way to cure her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"