Al Gough's 2nd interview w/ TV Guide 10/18/07

If there is a season 8, I hope it will be like a "Superman begins" Type of season. It looks like what AG and the gang are doing. If its KK and MR's last year that leaves Clark, Jimmy, and Lois (Maybe Kara and Chloe). I think Lionel will die this year. Hopefully Smallville will end with Clark's first year as Superman that will be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

If there is a season 8, I hope it will be like a "Superman begins" Type of season. It looks like what AG and the gang are doing. If its KK and MR's last year that leaves Clark, Jimmy, and Lois (Maybe Kara and Chloe). I think Lionel will die this year. Hopefully Smallville will end with Clark's first year as Superman that will be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fairly certain John Glover (Lionel) is signed on for season 8. But who knows. things change.

We've yet to get a glimpse of Clark Kent, journalist, on this show. When are we going to welcome Clark to the bullpen? — shalimarfox80

Al Gough: Not this season, but Lois will be joining the "Planet" staff full time.

SWEET

What is the status of having Michael McKean back as Perry White? He was great! — prisonerofgod

Gough: We'd love to have him back, but he is an extremely busy actor!

I hope Perry White Returns

Will Lois and Kara become friends this season? — mcvs2104

Gough: Eventually they will; she is, after all, Clark's cousin, and Lois has a soft spot for the Kents (or the Els if she really knew where they were from!).

I'm really looking forward to that

Is Erica Durance going to appear more this season? Her Lois Lane is the most faithful incarnation I have ever seen on screen and her appearing so little is starting to hurt the character's development. — medliana

Gough: Thanks, that is great to hear. I believe you will be seeing more of Lois this season, although she won't be in every episode.

Great news

I know about the romantic restrictions on Lois and Clark [being a couple on Smallville], but is there a restriction on one or the other starting to have nonplatonic feelings? Such as Clark starting to like Lois more but keeping it to himself? — Superman_Beyond

Gough: Shhhhhh! You're spoiling the end of the season!

IT'S ABOUT FREAKING TIME . :super:

Am I the only one wondering what that^ was supposed to mean? :confused:

Regarding Al spoilery bits - One episode at a time, that's my new SV motto. :up:

On both of your comments Rene, first off....I'm trying to figure out everything he is saying. My guess is 12 or 13 and he doesn't realize that good grammar and pronunciation is rather important on message boards that consists of mostly adults that try to talk in a mature manner.

Second, I agree about the one episode at a time. He is a horrible interviewer, mostly because what he says in interviews isn't necessarily what ends up happening. He has a habit of great ideas for the fans, and not executing it like he promises in the interviews.

I love the show, but I don't put a lot of stock in his comments anymore.

Did I tell you that all the time I have spent away from the Hype, I have missed your rabid Lois fanboyism. :woot:

lol Brainy .

But seriously it's time for Clark to move passed his Obsessive High School crush with lana. It's holding him back from fully Embracing & Accepting his Destiny .

The writters have seemed to create a scenario that the closer Clark get's with Lois, The closer he moves forward towards becoming Superman . Wherever it was intensional or not it sure comes a cross that way .

I can't even see Clark having a crush on this Lois. Eh.

First off the chemistry between the actors is zero. Secondly, I find it kind of ridiculous that Clark of SV realm is almost equally annoyed by Lois and has no interest in her from the start. It shouldn't take time for him to think he has feeling for friggin LOIS LANE. :down

Uh yeah, so let's have CK & Lois hook up in SV, oh whoops, they can't! lol.

Oh I know... Which makes it feel like he never should have met her this early then. It just doesn't feel right.

Wait?! They're not going to. Who said they would? I mean... on the show that is? Gough just danced around the question that Clark would start liking Lois in a more non platonic way, but keep it to himself. That's not full-on romance. Outside of a dream or RedK-I'm-not-myself sequence, it'll never be that on SV.

Besides Lois doesn't have to like him from the start at all but it seems weird to have Clark meet Lois and not get some goosebumps from the start :down

Of course I can't blame him cause this Lois sucks.

Wait?! They're not going to. Who said they would? I mean... on the show that is? Gough just danced around the question that Clark would start liking Lois in a more non platonic way, but keep it to himself. That's not full-on romance. Outside of a dream or RedK-I'm-not-myself sequence, it'll never be that on SV.

Nobody did, I was replying to Jc. :)

Nobody did, I was replying to Jc. :)
Hah! Okay, carry on. ;)

As much as I'd love to see the writers "go there," they can't. It just wouldn't work in the context of the show at this time. That said, I'm glad to see the writers will breach the subject in a non OOC kind of way. Actually, I'm just presuming that based on what Gough said, but it seems logical. Crimson was fun, but it was empty. I think Hydro gave us something more concrete, especially for Clark. So I'm interested to see how they start connecting the dots for Clark. :up:

It should not be a gradual attraction for Clark though. He should immediately have developed feelings for her even if Lois ignored the crap out of him!

I think you worry about it too much Jc.

Durance was just bad casting. But it's even worse when Clark himself can't fall for her right away. He has to work himself up to it in this version lol.

Hah! Okay, carry on. ;)

As much as I'd love to see the writers "go there," they can't. It just wouldn't work in the context of the show at this time. That said, I'm glad to see the writers will breach the subject in a non OOC kind of way. Actually, I'm just presuming that based on what Gough said, but it seems logical. Crimson was fun, but it was empty. I think Hydro gave us something more concrete, especially for Clark. So I'm interested to see how they start connecting the dots for Clark. :up:

Don't you think it's more possible now for them to get permission to go a little farther into the Clois on this show?

You know my first preference ;), but honestly, as long as they do justice to the Clark and Lana ending, I'd be fine to see them end the show with a much stronger indication of Clark and Lois recognizing that they have feelings for each other. I really don't want this to be the Clark and Lois show, but it seems like a good way to end the series with Clark's future 'love' clearly indicated.

i just hope it is not:

season 7 episode 21: clark and lana break up
season 7 episode 22: clark realizes he kinda likes lois!

complete 180 = no good

i just hope it is not:

season 7 episode 21: clark and lana break up
season 7 episode 22: clark realizes he kinda likes lois!

complete 180 = no good

I'm dreading such another transitional archetype.

Don't you think it's more possible now for them to get permission to go a little farther into the Clois on this show?
I'm not sure if it's a restriction thing necessarily, but with DC, ya never know.

You know my first preference ;), but honestly, as long as they do justice to the Clark and Lana ending, I'd be fine to see them end the show with a much stronger indication of Clark and Lois recognizing that they have feelings for each other. I really don't want this to be the Clark and Lois show, but it seems like a good way to end the series with Clark's future 'love' clearly indicated.
Well, here's how I see it. Warning: I have to invoke the dreaded mythos. LOL

Lois doesn't have any romantic feelings for Clark until LONG after Superman has been on the scene, saving the day. But Clark just falls for her when they first meet. Why? Just because she's a spunky reporter with a 'tude? Never made much sense to me. Lois falling for Superman? Well that makes sense. What woman with a pulse wouldn't? :D

I prefer the idea that Clark's feelings for Lois develop gradually over a lengthy period of time. He begins to see qualities in her that excite him in unsuspecting ways. She can read him like nobody else, and since she never sugar coats her opinions, she treats him on a direct level. And that resonates. I'm also more a fan of the mild-mannered demeanor vs. the goofy klutz for Clark, so when they're at the DP, Lois sees him as a cornpone farmboy and treats him as such. She doesn't ignore him or see him as a dumb geek.

But he's still just Clark. Lois would never have romantic feelings for Clark at this stage unless she was on drugs LOL. Clark, on the other hand, KNOWS who he kissed when his toes curled. That memory is still with him, so when he starts seeing qualities in Lois that give him a pitter patter and red eyes (LOL), he's going to be confused and flustered - because it's LOIS. He's going to hide his feelings from others and try to ignore his own feelings. Again, because it's LOIS. Sooner or later however, that attraction is going to get the best of him and he's not going to be able to bury it.

^ This is what they can actually demonstrate on SV. It will then make sense to audiences when they imagine Clark meeting up with Lois at the DP in the future. He'll fall for her instantly *because* they have a history. The very argument fans have made for why SV shouldn't have brought Lois onto the show actually explains one of the biggest mysteries later: why would Superman fall so head over heels for Lois the moment they meet? That and the glasses/secret identity thing have been conceits of the mythology. But SV may be in the process of explaining BOTH. :hyper:

I'm not sure if it's a restriction thing necessarily, but with DC, ya never know.

Well, here's how I see it. Warning: I have to invoke the dreaded mythos. LOL

Lois doesn't have any romantic feelings for Clark until LONG after Superman has been on the scene, saving the day. But Clark just falls for her when they first meet. Why? Just because she's a spunky reporter with a 'tude? Never made much sense to me. Lois falling for Superman? Well that makes sense. What woman with a pulse wouldn't? :D

I prefer the idea that Clark's feelings for Lois develop gradually over a lengthy period of time. He begins to see qualities in her that excite him in unsuspecting ways. She can read him like nobody else, and since she never sugar coats her opinions, she treats him on a direct level. And that resonates. I'm also more a fan of the mild-mannered demeanor vs. the goofy klutz for Clark, so when they're at the DP, Lois sees him as a cornpone farmboy and treats him as such. She doesn't ignore him or see him as a dumb geek.

But he's still just Clark. Lois would never have romantic feelings for Clark at this stage unless she was on drugs LOL. Clark, on the other hand, KNOWS who he kissed when his toes curled. That memory is still with him, so when he starts seeing qualities in Lois that give him a pitter patter and red eyes (LOL), he's going to be confused and flustered - because it's LOIS. He's going to hide his feelings from others and try to ignore his own feelings. Again, because it's LOIS. Sooner or later however, that attraction is going to get the best of him and he's not going to be able to bury it.

^ This is what they can actually demonstrate on SV. It will then make sense to audiences when they imagine Clark meeting up with Lois at the DP in the future. He'll fall for her instantly *because* they have a history. The very argument fans have made for why SV shouldn't have brought Lois onto the show actually explains one of the biggest mysteries later: why would Superman fall so head over heels for Lois the moment they meet? That and the glasses/secret identity thing have been conceits of the mythology. But SV may be in the process of explaining BOTH. :hyper:

GREAT post :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"