One More Day Discussion Thread

Who knows. It could lead to some fantastic story telling though... :******* off gesture: :dry:

How far back in time was it reset? Is Spidey's identity a secret again?

Hmmn.

So if I understand what just happened:

Peter Parker is now back to the "lower" power levels and Mech Webshooters losing all that was given / occured / burdened with during his marriage?

Harry Osborn Is alive and back from Rehab?

Eizekial is still alive and wall crawling on the side?

Ben Reilly is alive and still out cruising the country?

May Parkers house is in one piece?

AWHOLELOTTA continuity has been thrown open for retelling in the MU as things that involved MJ and Spiderman with the fate of the MU in the balance had to happen differently?

I'm kinda split.

V.

It is unlikely Ezekiel and Ben Reilly are alive again.

Hmmn.

Peter Parker is now back to the "lower" power levels and Mech Webshooters losing all that was given / occured / burdened with during his marriage?

AWHOLELOTTA continuity has been thrown open for retelling in the MU as things that involved MJ and Spiderman with the fate of the MU in the balance had to happen differently?

I'm kinda split.

V.

Negative. The only thing we know for sure at this point is the web-shooters and Harry are back, and the marriage is no more.

Nothing else has been touched on yet.

It is unlikely Ezekiel and Ben Reilly are alive again.

Oh he has to be alive now because the marriage is what killed him...

Unless Joey Q is going to be the complete *****ebag he is and just say that one ripple doesn't count. Which is what he'll do.

Peter does believe in God, though, so really you're not putting yourself in his shoes at all.

Choosing between losing your beloved wife forever and losing your aged relative forever? Please. Even if you had an inkling of what you yourself would do in that kind of situation, you have no idea at all what anyone else would do in that kind of situation.

You know what, though? You're absolutely right: the Peter Parker that we've known for the last few years absolutely would say yes to the devil. The Peter Parker that Quesada, JMS, and Bendis has been writing for recent memory, the one who's been the perpetual manchild, the emotionally-stunted timebomb, the inept amateur "hero" with no inspirational grounding in his character at all...yes, that guy definitely would tell the devil to take away his wife, even if his aunt's comatose spirit should appear to him and tell him to move the fck on. 'Cause, hey, that totally makes him more human or whatever.

See, all you guys just aren't seeing it. The Peter Parker that would treasure the time that he's had with the two women who loves him most in the world, the Peter Parker that would be the adult, seasoned champion that he's grown into, the Peter Parker who would truly prove himself worthy of being Marvel's flagship hero adored by millions in the world...that guy hasn't been with us for a long, long time. The Peter Parker who we've seen since at least the past two and a half years is the same exact person who we saw at the end of Amazing Spider-Man #545: an immature, incompetent excuse for a man who never learned to grow up. 'Cause that's what makes someone a relatable everyman, right?

So hey guys, why so serious?:joker: In reality, we lost nothing here.
Beautifully articulated, Brian. (as always)

Oh he has to be alive now because the marriage is what killed him...

Unless Joey Q is going to be the complete *****ebag he is and just say that one ripple doesn't count. Which is what he'll do.

Well,...
Cause and effect is gonna get warped to keep things stable.

For example:

The children of Osborn attack.

Say it all goes the same way,...

Who goes to paris when peter is tempted by the spitting image of his lost love gwen stacy,... and keeps her from crawling into his arms?

Another:
Morded?(the avatar killer who fed on avatars like Spiderman?)

meh,..... i just see a mess.

They put the right guy on the job but I'll betchu Slotts gonna lose some sleep keeping ahead of this landslide.

Negative. The only thing we know for sure at this point is the web-shooters and Harry are back, and the marriage is no more.

Nothing else has been touched on yet.

well,... and the house.:word:

Okay see, but seriously, I wanna know how in the heck this is going to work.

If Peter's identity is secret again, does Tony Stark even remember the last year of Peter being his manb**ch? Does he even remember that Spider-Man unmasking was one of the most significant moments of the SHRA and that soon afterwards it drove a huge rift between him and Parker? How does the New/Mighty Avengers work with this new timeline, if no one remembers Peter Parker living at Avengers mansion?

Heck, how does Spider-Man function as a masked hero anymore? The new Marvel regime is that all heroes are unmasked, and if they aren't unmasked then they are hunted down. SHIELD knew about Peter's identity long before the SHRA. What would stop them from just walking up to him and drafting him again?

Hell, does Norman freaking Osborn know that his son is alive again? Does he not remember Peter's identity anymore? And does Harry know that his father is the convicted felon that he is today under SHIELD's watch?

Christ, I bet Quesada is getting his rocks off right this moment. "TEEHEE lookit all the internet fanboys trying to figure out pivotal plot points now made impossible!"

Hmmn.

I'm kinda split.

V.

To use Quesada's example: think Sliding Doors, not Back to the Future. History isn't being restarted, it's mostly still the same with just some details being changed. So for example, Kraven's Last Hunt still happened but instead of calling out to MJ from his grave, Peter was calling out to someone else.

To use Quesada's example: think Sliding Doors, not Back to the Future. History isn't being restarted, it's mostly still the same with just some details being changed. So for example, Kraven's Last Hunt still happened but instead of calling out to MJ from his grave, Peter was calling out to someone else.

Which is stupid beyond measure. Who was that someone? Who knows.... who cares at this point?

Okay see, but seriously, I wanna know how in the heck this is going to work.

If Peter's identity is secret again, does Tony Stark even remember the last year of Peter being his manb**ch? Does he even remember that Spider-Man unmasking was one of the most significant moments of the SHRA and that soon afterwards it drove a huge rift between him and Parker? How does the New/Mighty Avengers work with this new timeline, if no one remembers Peter Parker living at Avengers mansion?

Heck, how does Spider-Man function as a masked hero anymore? The new Marvel regime is that all heroes are unmasked, and if they aren't unmasked then they are hunted down. SHIELD knew about Peter's identity long before the SHRA. What would stop them from just walking up to him and drafting him again?

Hell, does Norman freaking Osborn know that his son is alive again? Does he not remember Peter's identity anymore? And does Harry know that his father is the convicted felon that he is today under SHIELD's watch?

Christ, I bet Quesada is getting his rocks off right this moment. "TEEHEE lookit all the internet fanboys trying to figure out pivotal plot points now made impossible!"
Just to note BW, Whedon pretty much did the same thing with Dawn and Connor.

How the f*** is this going to effect the rest of the Marvel Universe?! Did Civil War even happen now? WTF? This is ******ed...

Far as I can see this 'stealth reboot' serves just two purposes.

The first is as pointless as it is obvious: Being Quesada's almighty brain fart the furore inflates his already bloated ego no end (especially if this sticks).

The second, if they follow this crappy story as they should (rather than how Quesada might want), promises better:
It will be undone in time. It has to be.

First thing making me think this is a rather basic rule in writing of this kind (which is just glorified soap opera at times) If there is a secret, and all the fans are in on it, but none of the characters are, that secret will eventually be found out. It always is.
And another big clue is the whole 'spit in the eye of God' angle the undoing is supposed to be: 'Good' almost always does prevail in the books in the end, and Mephisto having this rather big 'win' over the forces of good just isn't something I can see sticking.

At least I Damn well hope not...:csad:

You know, I thought Quesada was going to shock us all, by ending up with May finally dying. But no, he does the complete opposite.

What he's done...makes no sense, to anything. What about all the other comics which have had Spider-man appear? Slott, save us...:csad:

OMD, has made me emo.

Far as I can see this 'stealth reboot' serves just two purposes.

The first is as pointless as it is obvious: Being Quesada's almighty brain fart the furore inflates his already bloated ego no end (especially if this sticks).

The second, if they follow this crappy story as they should (rather than how Quesada might want), promises better:
It will be undone in time. It has to be.

First thing making me think this is a rather basic rule in writing of this kind (which is just glorified soap opera at times) If there is a secret, and all the fans are in on it, but none of the characters are, that secret will eventually be found out. It always is.
And another big clue is the whole 'spit in the eye of God' angle the undoing is supposed to be: 'Good' almost always does prevail in the books in the end, and Mephisto having this rather big 'win' over the forces of good just isn't something I can see sticking.

At least I Damn well hope not...:csad:
If it's temporary, I'll gladly start reading Spider-Man's comics again after it's undone, much as many people came back to them after the Clone Saga nonsense was over with. I doubt I'd ever look back on it as a decent story, given how bad it was in general, but at least it'd be over.

having just read OMD after buying all of them yesterday....I thoroughly enjoyed it....I was never ok with spidey being married, and the fact that Harry is alive makes it all the more intresting. If I had to guess I would say that Pete and MJ had dated and it didnt end well...maybe Pete left her at the altar or something....in any case I am definitely intrested to see where this all goes

So,if everything has been erased.The totem,Norman and Gwen is now gone?I won't touch a Spider-Man book from now on,only old paperbacks.

haha

keep *****ing about the geoff johns silver age at DC, atleast they didnt erase continuity in this lazy fashion.

For the last time, history hasn't been erased, it's only been changed slightly. Any moments relating to the marriage have been rewritten into...something else. But for the most, the main story elements of the past 20 years remain the same. For example, someone brought up Morlun and the spider totem, which are both untouched by OMD--they had nothing to do with the marriage. Hell, MJ wasn't even in ASM during that arc.

I wonder if Harry is the Goblin....? and willl we see the Iron Spider suit again??

Angel from the buffyverse did the same reality warp thing to give his YOUNG son conner a chance at new life but conner was a teenager with his whole life ahead of him, May is a very old woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"