Opening Credits

Nolan will only be in charge of getting writers and finding the Director won't he?

The writers are already onboard. And I would say yes on the director part of your question.
I'm betting nolan will have a big say so in everything..From the costume designer to the cast..WB wouldnt have gave him control otherwise.

Last edited:
i dont see why their wouldnt be at least a little bit of an opening with some music, and then straight into action of what ever it might be, like superman first public outing to maybe seeing clark flying around if for example they took that bit from some of the comcis he traveled the world before coming to metropolis and all that.

Also yea we dont need williams theme any more. Sure its great and its a classic like i and others have said many times. But this new superman should have its own look and its own sound to make its own unique thing. Also williams is pretty much retired for composing and only works with spielberg/lucas these days. There is tons of wonderful composers out there like the lost/star trek guy, to others i am blanking at the moment.

Nolan film = NO opening credits most likely, if Nolan is mentoring the director and his vision.
I think we'll jump straight into the action with a fully-formed Superman.

I wouldn't go so far as to assume he's just going to copy the no credits thing he did in Batman. It's a different character that should be treated differently. Now if non of Nolan's movies had credits I would be more apt to accept that argument.

Nolan-style or not, they should just jump straight to the first scene, but still have credits be part of the imagery which I imagine could be quiet opening shots of Krypton's landscapes.
And I'm thinking only the typical intro-credits like "Warner Brothers Presents".. " A Christopher Nolan Film".. etc. Not the whole thing like in SR.

A couple of ideas:

Nolan style: We see the WB, Legendary and DC logos on black, as per usual. We then dissolve to space and the "S" shield begins to form out of red and gold smoke. We see only the shield, no title or anything else. It then shoots out at us. (Similar to SR) The scene zooms in on Krypton for a quick explosion and straight to the film, or to Earth, etc.

Donner Style: It would be something very similar to STM, only the words would "whoosh" in and they'd be in Kryptonian font. A flash spreads across the letters, changing them to the English translation before they shoot back off or fade into the distance.

well i for one would like to have some sort of opening even if its just a stylized background with titles going through it like say xmen or spiderman 1 did. Then after that we just into what ever is going to be the first opening scene of the film. Be it something of krypton, to sv life, to something with metropolis and all that.

every superman movie needs the Donner credits with the john Williams theme,

aLL mho.
Not if its a reboot. I love the williams theme as much as anyone, but if you have it, folks not in the know will be wondering if its more of the same. Having a hint of it somewhere in the film would be fine tho.
As for the flying words, I can live without them as well.

No credits itself, just... Krypton BOOM! Form the \S/ with the pieces from the planet, then camera down from space directly to a view from upwards of Metropolis and its L shaped Luthorcorp skycraper.

^ nice...I like that.
I was also thinking do it kinda like batman 89. Camera is flying up and around canyons while a score plays, when it ends, the camera flys up and looks back, we see that we were flying in and around the \S/.

another idea I had for the OCs was to do it in CB form, live action mixed with real CB art in panels.

Let's just cut the crap here and accept a few things:

*John Williams' Superman march is one of the greatest musical compositions of all time

*It embodies all the core elements of Superman: it's bigger than life, noble, heroic, majestic, powerful, and even gentle and honest

*No new theme will ever capture the spirit and personality of The Man of Steel like Williams' theme.

As Darth Vader once said, "search your feelings, you know this to be true."

Why even pretend anything else could ever work?

As for the credits sequence, that might have been the best thing about SR. I'd like to see something as fun, epic, and bombastic.

\S/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"