The Amazing Spider-Man ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Um, if Peter is bitten by a radioactive spider which gives him SUPERPOWERS and turns him into a SUPERHERO, then why is it such a stretch that he could shoot webs out of his wrists? Don't Spiders.. you know, spin webs? Peter can climb walls like a spider, why is it so ridiculous to have him shoot webs like a spider too?

I think you are just being so loyal to the comic, that you are not willing to accept change. Giving Peter organics is completely logical. As I just said, he can climb walls like a spider, has super strength, what's so ridiculous about shooting webs like a spider?

IMO, having to create a device to let him shoot webs is illogical and doesn't make sense, when he has all the other abilities of a spider. It always drove me crazy watching the old cartoon on FOX and seeing him having to re-charge his Web-Shooters. Hello? you're called SPIDER-MAN for a reason! You shouldn't need equipment to shoot webs!

Last edited:
It's just lazy and obvious that he shoots organic webs verses the more inspired and sophisticated concept of using science to engineer a synthetic webbing formula.

Spiders are the chemist and engineers of the animal kingdom. It makes sense that Spider-man would be use chemistry and engineering to create webs because he's a humanistic interpretation of a spider, rather than just a human with spider anatomy. Booooring.

Plus organics are gross. Nobody would actually want giant spider organs inside their body.

Last edited:
Maybe he gets the organic ability to produce webbing, but needs the technology (web shooters) to enable him to spin things in different ways. Web lines for swinging, more traditional webs for capturing criminals or catching cars, web balls for shooting at people and so on...

No, a synthetic formula allows spider-man to change his webbing material to fight Electro, Rhino, Mysterio, Sandman, Hydroman etc.

Um, if Peter is bitten by a radioactive spider which gives him SUPERPOWERS and turns him into a SUPERHERO, then why is it such a stretch that he could shoot webs out of his wrists? Don't Spiders.. you know, spin webs? Peter can climb walls like a spider, why is it so ridiculous to have him shoot webs like a spider too?

I think you are just being so loyal to the comic, that you are not willing to accept change. Giving Peter organics is completely logical. As I just said, he can climb walls like a spider, has super strength, what's so ridiculous about shooting webs like a spider?

You want to talk about "logical"?

If it was "logical", he wouldn't develop spinnerets in his wrists, I'll tell you that...

By your logic, he wouldn't have superhuman strength or speed, either.

I was pointing out that him claiming that organics make sense... doesn't really make sense, at all.

I guess it's more of a preference than anything, I ****ing despise organics. When Sam Raimi left that aspect out of the character in his version of Spider-Man, I didn't like it at all. It completely ignored Peter's intellectual side.

I was pointing out that him claiming that organics make sense... doesn't really make sense, at all.

I guess it's more of a preference than anything, I ****ing despise organics. When Sam Raimi left that aspect out of the character in his version of Spider-Man, I didn't like it at all. It completely ignored Peter's intellectual side.

Biological webshooters DO make sense for the purpose of the story. It's not a big stretch to believe that Peter gained the ability to shoot webs along with his other abilities.

Biological webshooters DO make sense for the purpose of the story. It's not a big stretch to believe that Peter gained the ability to shoot webs along with his other abilities.

For the purpose of the story, eh, sure.

But still, it seems a little off to me.

Wall crawling and strength being transferred makes sense as it isn't specific to a very certain part of the body.

Spinnerets IN HIS WRISTS, OF ALL PLACES though...

Not to mention it seems a little lazy. "Eh, they were a part of the mutation."

But nvm, you're cool with them, I'm not.

IMO, having to create a device to let him shoot webs is illogical and doesn't make sense, when he has all the other abilities of a spider. It always drove me crazy watching the old cartoon on FOX and seeing him having to re-charge his Web-Shooters. Hello? you're called SPIDER-MAN for a reason! You shouldn't need equipment to shoot webs!

Spiders don't shoot webs from their eight little wrists. Spiders dont even have wrists. Organic webbing is friggin lazy and kinda kreeps me out. How can you have a social life when you have gross looking holes in your wrists that produce an icky fluid.

When he webbed shut Jamesons mouth in the first movie all I could think of was how gross it is and how sick you must be to spew you bodily fluids onto a guys mouth without his consent for that matter.

Him running out of webbing during a battle is an essential part of the character. Face it guy, organics suck.

Spiders don't shoot webs from their eight little wrists. Spiders dont even have wrists. Organic webbing is friggin lazy and kinda kreeps me out. How can you have a social life when you have gross looking holes in your wrists that produce an icky fluid.

When he webbed shut Jamesons mouth in the first movie all I could think of was how gross it is and how sick you must be to spew you bodily fluids onto a guys mouth without his consent for that matter.

Him running out of webbing during a battle is an essential part of the character. Face it guy, organics suck.

No, Spider-Man running out of webbing is a plot device, and one whose prominence has declined over the years.

I've actually never really thought about how gross organic webbing is, lol.

I'm pretty sure I saw a diagram of his wrists (like, a cross-section or something) showing where the glands formed... pretty interesting.

Unless I'm imagining that.

Although this is cool, this isn't the one I saw before.

spiderman_02.jpg

gross

plus glands that produce miles of webbing would give your forearms like Popeye.

gross

plus glands that produce miles of webbing would give your forearms like Popeye.

And gadgets that produced the same amount of webbing would create just as much of a bulge on Spider-Man's wrists underneath his gloves.

I think a bulge from something mechanical is less freaky than bulging and swollen forearms that look like Popeye.

The original Spider-man didn't have spider parts.

I don't know anyone who fantasizes about having bug/spider anatomy.

It's a sickening prospect.

The original Spider-man didn't have spider parts.

I don't know anyone who fantasizes about having bug/spider anatomy.

It's a sickening prospect.

Actually, sometimes, his wall-crawling ability is said to use the same mechanism as that of a real spider (small hairs generating Van der Waals forces), so it's not unheard of.

And regardless of the nature of his webshooters, his anatomy is far away from that of a normal human.

Having spider organs inside your arms and spider hairs on your hands/feet are noticable differences.

Nobody fantasizes about having those abnormalities.

Having spider organs inside your arms and spider hairs on your hands/feet are noticable differences.

Nobody fantasizes about having those abnormalities.

No, but they might fantasize about the powers they bestow, shooting on webs and crawling on walls.

And I really don't care if people fantasize about having the biology of a superhero.

I bought my son a lunch bag with Spider-man. He folded his arms and said "I hate spider-man".

I told him about Spider-man lifting a bus over his head.

I told him about Spider-man dodging bullets using his super-agility and his "spidey sense".

I told him about how Spider-man used his brains to invent a gadget that shot webs. That he was a really smart superhero who was really funny.

I especially enjoyed telling him about the last part.

BTW - My son loves his lunch bag now. :yay:

No, Spider-Man running out of webbing is a plot device, and one whose prominence has declined over the years.

Yeah well be that as it may. He has webshooters in the comics so I think we should stick to that.

Raimi had no problem using Spidermans insecurity to activate that same plot device in Spiderman 2

Mechanical webshooters give us a nice gadget to gawk at they can be destroyed, get jammed, and used in creative ways that organics can't.

I imagine a scene where the Lizard smashes both of Spidermans webshooters and he has to alter his fighting style, change his battleplan. Or where he uses all his extra webcartridges, tricks lizard into smashing the casing in his blind rage or whatever to glue himself up or something like that, I dunno. Let's see that Parker brain really work it this time.

And what's wrong with a plot device anyway ? He just uses technology and technology can fail. That's like saying a gun is a plot device since it can run out of bullets. According to you in Terminator 2 the shotgun was a plot device because Sarah Conner almost had the T1000 in the liquid steel if she had just one more round. And maybe it was a plot device but did the movie suck because of it ? No. And the T-1000 still ended up in the steel so it didn't even touch the plot. It was just to raise tension. Same could be done here.

Hell everything is a plot device if you look at it that way. His mask, take it off and his identity is revealed dun..dun..DUUNNNNNN.... tune in NEXT WEEK ! Uncle Ben got shot and you have all this anger and power dun..dun..DUUNNNNN.... tune in NEXT WEEK ! Friggin' Wolverine has a metal skeleton and Magneto controls metal ! dun..dun..DUNNNNN, you get the idea. I could do this with the entire Spiderman mythos and probably with every movie ever created, EVER !

I've actually never really thought about how gross organic webbing is, lol.

I'm pretty sure I saw a diagram of his wrists (like, a cross-section or something) showing where the glands formed... pretty interesting.

Unless I'm imagining that.

When he webbed shut Jamesons mouth all i could think of was: "OK Jamesons an A-hole, but he didn't deserve this. It's like spitting in the mans face."

Now, Spiderman has done this in comics and cartoons plenty of times but when it's mechanical you can go: "oh hey, it probably has this industrial-ish flavor to it like plastic or some stuff like that, he can probably even make the webbing taste like bubblegum if he wanted to" but what bodily fluid actually tastes good ? let alone to another person. It's frigging sick man.

I also think organics change his physical appearance too much for my tastes. Go ahead and give him eight eyes while you're at it. But don't put them on his head where spider eyes should be. Put 'em on his butt. I heard there's a vacancy since his web producing glands have moved to his wrists.

The hairy palms I can understand, they're so tiny plus he can retract them. But to get these gross glands wedged in right where all of your other physical stuff should be ? To me that's pushing it.

Last edited:
When he webbed shut Jamesons mouth all i could think of was: "OK Jamesons an A-hole, but he didn't deserve this. It's like spitting in the mans face."

Now, Spiderman has done this in comics and cartoons plenty of times but when it's mechanical you can go: "oh hey, it probably has this industrial-ish flavor to it like plastic or some stuff like that, he can probably even make the webbing taste like bubblegum if he wanted to" but what bodily fluid actually tastes good ? let alone to another person. It's frigging sick man.

I also think organics change his physical appearance too much for my tastes. Go ahead and give him eight eyes while you're at it. But don't put them on his head where spider eyes should be. Put 'em on his butt. I heard there's a vacancy since his web producing glands have moved to his wrists.

The hairy palms I can understand, they're so tiny plus he can retract them. But to get these gross glands wedged in right where all of your other physical stuff should be ? To me that's pushing it.

Agreed!

Not to mention, in James Cameron's Spider-Man script, Spider-Man wore fake webshooters (he had organic webbing) so people wouldn't think he was a freak, so I'm guessing we're not alone with these thoughts.

Last edited:
Agreed!

Not to mention, in James Cameron's Spider-Man script, Spider-Man wore fake webshooters (he had organic webbing) so people wouldn't think he was a freak, so I'm guessing we're not alone with these thoughts.

Someone told me that in the new movie, the web shooters will be similar to how it was in the Cameron script, however, rather than the mechanicl web shooters being to keep up appearances, the web shooters (mechanical) help control the flow of the webbing that comes from him organically, thi allowing him to crate web ball and such.

I don't buy this but it could be possible because Peter was pulling a web from his neck in the teaser but I think the Spider who bit him could have left that there.

post 200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"