Homecoming Out with the amazing and in with the Marvel Lounge - Part 10

The idea of the movie is interesting.
But as always, I won't take this biobic as an accurate presentation of the character and story, biopics have a nasty habit of being different.

For what?

*This question is me thinking what you said means I understood it that it is you who has to sell ticket.*

For what?

*This question is me thinking what you said means I understood it that it is you who has to sell ticket.*

I think he meant your comment about biopics changing things for added drama. They do that cuz they gotta sell tickets.

Looks to me like Ghostbusters is a movie I'd be better off skipping.
After my bitter experience with Batman V Superman this year, I guess I'll skip this one.
I think he meant your comment about biopics changing things for added drama. They do that cuz they gotta sell tickets.
:toth
Arigato. :)

Never before today have I noticed how close the Japanese and Portuguese words for 'Thank You' are.

GodzillaMendoza finally reviewed the Amazing Spider-Man 2 the game.
And early on he says it's better than Spider-Man 3. :csad:

He's wrong and I'm someone who didn't like sm3 game

I still don't get a lot of criticism SM3 the game receives.
Completed that game 43 times, read and saw reviews of it, played other games to see how wrong I may be.....
I know it has some big flaws, and certain copies have flaws other copies don't have.

For me it was the bad framerate (ps3) and bad camera when fighting. Tasm2 game is way worse though.

Too fast or sluggish framerate?
When I saw PS3 walkthroughs of that game, most of them have awfully fast framerate.
One guy (Nerdcube) shows some moments being sluggish on the PS3.

They're equally horrendous, but in different ways, imo. What makes TASM 2 game worse for you?
giphy.gif

Question is not aimed at me, but I will express my opinion:
Spider-Man 3 is my favorite (as the avatar+custom title suggest)
What I don't like about The Amazing Spider-Man 2 the video game is as follow:
  1. Sam Reigal sucks at delivering quips. No matter what your opinion is of Toby Maguire's voice acting and quip delivery, he did a fine job, and comes across as someone genuinely talking and quipping.
  2. Spider-Man in TASM games never shuts up, he repeats the same few lines over and over and over again, and it's NOT fun.
  3. Spider-Man swims in SM3, doesn't jump out with a line I don't need to hear.
  4. Treyarch did a great job presenting Peter Parker/Spider-Man personality in their 4 games. Beenox expressed they are fans of the character, but outside of Edge of Time, they presented Spider-Man as a tool and a dumb jerk too much.
  5. Swinging is not fun in TASM2, it's just for movement, slingshot is the only cool thing about it. Spider-Man 3 swinging allows different speeds, speed boost, arcing upward, jump off the line, swing loop, move your legs on building opposite to the one the webline you swing from is attached to.
  6. Treyarch games allow smooth transition between web swing and jumping on an enemy to attack.
  7. Wall sprint is a heckuva lot more fun in SM3, it's fast, easy to jump during a sprint, allows for jumping from building to building, and only slows down when you move vertically upward, but speeds up when you sprint vertically downwards or to the side of a building.
  8. TASM2 interrupts your swing for a wall sprint even if you don't want to do one.
  9. SM3 has dual swing.
  10. SM3 has multiple attack indicators, the blue one allows awesome dodge and strike back using the enemy attack. it wasn't there in prior games. TASM2 switched the colors of the projectile and the attack to counter indicators from its predecessor.
  11. TASM2 has the asinine Hero/Menace system, so asinine that The Escapist properly expressed what's wrong with it with the line "Task force we hate vigilantes. Spider-Man does no vigilante act, shoot him."
  12. TASM2 has cutscenes before and after street missions.
  13. Spider-Man 3 has great soundtrack system, TASM2 soundtrack is crappy stock music, the burning building track ripped some notes from the assault on GCPD soundtrack from Arkham Origins.
  14. SM3 combat system is an upgrade on SM2 system, something fine. Beenox kept the ugly first 3-5 moves Spider-Man starts his attacks with from the previous game.
  15. Charged jump in SM3 is cool, and do it while you press on the speed boost button to make the jumps fun, and Spidey spins on the ground.
  16. Aside from being able to do it from poles in this game, web yoyo/rapple is more fun in SM3, press the speed boost to see what you can do with it.
  17. SM3 has poleswing, and you can launch attack from it. TASM2 doesn't have that joy.
  18. Harry Osborn fight, you can take it virtually anywhere in SM3, even if you keep Peter in the water to jump and attack Harry. The battle is pretty 'eh' in TASM2, and the bombs he throws by buildings are just ash, they are worse when the task force troopers stand by them doing nothing and as you come to take them you have to fight the idiots and defeat all of them to be able to take the explosives to the water in a very specific spot to be able to throw them, something SM3 didn't to more than once, and before a cutscene.
  19. Symbiote Spider-Man has attacks that tire thugs and gang bosses in SM3, they try to stand on their feet to fall on their knees again. Also I can see scared thugs down on their knees, scared thugs holding hostages and slit their throat, scared thugs holding hostages and receive the elbow to the kidney, and scared thugs who just leave the hostage and run scared.
  20. SM3 has thugs stealing stuff. The only Spider-Man game to show more to enemies than just beat the crap out of them, and heck, the only superhero game to have that before Arkham City.
  21. Kingpin battle is kinda similar in both games, use special power up to hit him, difference is that in SM3 you can use any attack in rage mode. TASM2 forces you to hit him with seismic webbing, wait for him to jump and hit a wall or something for you to hit him.
  22. Although Rhino is not in TASM2, you can ride his back for a while before letting him hit a wall with his head near the end of his battle, although you have to pay full attention in that duration.
  23. Boss fights in SM3 don't throw thugs at you during them, except that second fight with Kraven, and they serve a purpose there, they help you pick up Kraven and speed up charging your rage mode meter (if you unlocked Widow Maker move prior entering that mission).
  24. Kraven's boss fight has more faces to it in SM3. TASM2 is just one cycle.
  25. Kraven doesn't train you to fight in SM3.
  26. Cars to stop are fun in SM3, no time limit crap, no half-assed (you have to go there to finish the game, if you go to that spot first you fail the mission) like TASM2 does.
  27. Multi-rodeo. TASM2 doesn't have that luxury.
  28. Multi web spin. TASM2 doesn't have that luxury.
  29. Hang them from various poles. TASM2 doesn't give you that pleasantry.
  30. Jump on them multiple times going skyward. TASM2 DOESN'T HAVE THAT PLEASANTRY.
  31. SM3 is one of two games of all the games we had to give a role to Jonah Jameson, and J. K. Simmons voiced him. We don't even see his face in TASM2, he just grumps over Spider-Man if a time limit of a street mission ends.
  32. It's fun to see thugs get hit by a train a few times in SM3. Another luxury TASM2 lacks.
  33. No long dangblasted loading screens between missions and free roam in SM3. TASM2 suffers from LONG loading screens, and too many.
Spider-Man 3 is an underrated gem of a game, even with its numerous flaws (like the weird looking models and awkward animation they have sometimes), lots of criticism it received is either weird crap reaching too far, or normal stuff common in every other game (that includes the camera sometimes).
I'd give it a 7/10 as a product.
9/10 on the scale of joy.

TASM2 is not horrendous, but it is a mediocre product, and the criticism aimed toward it is more often fair than it isn't.
5/10 is a fair assessment for it as a product.

And to be fair toward TASM2 and mention what it did better;
  1. Stealth is cool in that game, it's fun to perform various stealth takedowns.
  2. Multitude of costumes, and different perks for each.

Questions?

Once again we have fanboys calling critics biased, there's even a petition about closing Rotten Tomatoes because of the low scores on BvS and Suicide Squad.

I'm really sick of this fanboy behavior no matter what camp it's from. Marvel vs DC? Playstation vs Xbox? It's poisoning the Internet with crap.

I haven't seen Suicide Squad yet, so I can't tell whether it's a good or bad film to me. However, as someone who's not a huge fan of DC characters (mostly because I don't know enough about them to be honest) but who loves Batman, likes Superman and loves most of their animated films and more, I'd demand the best. Like with Spider-Man: Homecoming, I'm very nervous because I want the best depiction of Spider-Man and his world that I wouldn't settle for anything mediocre or less. I won't say "I'll love this movie no matter what because I love Spider-Man!".

Another stupid reasoning is "It's made for the fans!". Well, that's just a lazy mindset. A film can be great for both fans and for those not knowing much about the characters. Just look at Nolan's Batman films, Iron Man, Civil War and other great comic book films. If a film doesn't properly introduce the characters and give them good motivations, or the plot is bad, because "it's a comic book film!", then it's simply bad. That's why I always dislike when amateur reviewers say things like "It's a 6/10 film, but an 8/10 comic book film!". To me, it can only work the other way around, like "It's a great film but not really a Spider-Man film".

End of rant.

I saw the Rotten Tomatoes petition, made me laugh hard.

I know I'll enjoy the new movie no matter what because Spider-Man, but I agree, I still want good-great things for the character. The upcoming game being developed by a trusted developer that makes no tie-ins and in the hands of a trustworthy publisher is a good start, even if it is a system exclusive, which is annoying.

Once again we have fanboys calling critics biased, there's even a petition about closing Rotten Tomatoes because of the low scores on BvS and Suicide Squad.

I'm really sick of this fanboy behavior no matter what camp it's from. Marvel vs DC? Playstation vs Xbox? It's poisoning the Internet with crap.

I haven't seen Suicide Squad yet, so I can't tell whether it's a good or bad film to me. However, as someone who's not a huge fan of DC characters (mostly because I don't know enough about them to be honest) but who loves Batman, likes Superman and loves most of their animated films and more, I'd demand the best. Like with Spider-Man: Homecoming, I'm very nervous because I want the best depiction of Spider-Man and his world that I wouldn't settle for anything mediocre or less. I won't say "I'll love this movie no matter what because I love Spider-Man!".

Another stupid reasoning is "It's made for the fans!". Well, that's just a lazy mindset. A film can be great for both fans and for those not knowing much about the characters. Just look at Nolan's Batman films, Iron Man, Civil War and other great comic book films. If a film doesn't properly introduce the characters and give them good motivations, or the plot is bad, because "it's a comic book film!", then it's simply bad. That's why I always dislike when amateur reviewers say things like "It's a 6/10 film, but an 8/10 comic book film!". To me, it can only work the other way around, like "It's a great film but not really a Spider-Man film".

End of rant[/Spoiler
Nicely said, I agree. Speaking of which, I just saw Suicide Squad. It didn't suck, most of the characters were either excellent or at least enjoyable, but it had weird pacing with bad editing, the main baddies were like from a saturday morning cartoon, the action was kinda boring, and the Joker... I hope this Joker gets retconned because Leto's performance was absolutely awful! His visual design was nowhere near as bad as his acting. I can't quite describe it, but man, they either have to recast or do drastic changes and give better direction to Jared

Nicely said, I agree. Speaking of which, I just saw Suicide Squad. It didn't suck, most of the characters were either excellent or at least enjoyable, but it had weird pacing with bad editing, the main baddies were like from a saturday morning cartoon, the action was kinda boring, and the Joker... I hope this Joker gets retconned because Leto's performance was absolutely awful! His visual design was nowhere near as bad as his acting. I can't quite describe it, but man, they either have to recast or do drastic changes and give better direction to Jared
So far most reviews described Leto's Joker to be one of the key weaknesses of the movie.
So much for the wasted promise trailers displayed.

So far most reviews described Leto's Joker to be one of the key weaknesses of the movie.
So much for the wasted promise trailers displayed.

Yeah, when I saw the trailers I thought we would get a decent Joker. Aint the case afterall, but if Affleck's Batman movie has Joker in it, you can bet that it will have a much better version of him, possibly even a different actor

Yeah, when I saw the trailers I thought we would get a decent Joker. Aint the case afterall, but if Affleck's Batman movie has Joker in it, you can bet that it will have a much better version of him, possibly even a different actor
Maybe, maybe.

giphy.gif

I agree about SM3 the game. It's essentially the same thing as Spider-Man 2 the game but with improved graphics, I never got the hate.

I've yet to play ASM2. And I don't think I ever will. I've watched gameplay vids on Youtube and it looks bad. Especially the free roam--what is supposed to be the bread and butter of any Spidey game, is reduced to what appears to me as a chore...loading screens before and after each 'random' event take you out of the moment, robots hunting you down cause god forbid you didn't stop to help every single person in trouble, etc. Blecch. No thanks.

End of rant.

Not just a rant, my friend, it's a well-made point(s).

I've yet to see Suicide Squad so I can't really comment there either but the ridiculousness to which some will go is laughable.

I've yet to play ASM2. And I don't think I ever will. I've watched gameplay vids on Youtube and it looks bad. Especially the free roam--what is supposed to be the bread and butter of any Spidey game, is reduced to what appears to me as a chore...loading screens before and after each 'random' event take you out of the moment, robots hunting you down cause god forbid you didn't stop to help every single person in trouble, etc. Blecch. No thanks.
Do yourself a favor then, keep up with this opinion.
I enjoy it for being the dork that I am, but when I can't compliment it years later, there is something ridiculously wrong with it.

I can suggest watching the 3 parts Carnage arc in Ultimate Spider-Man instead, but it's definitely not a recommendation.

Also, there was some fun parts in the game like: the Harry boss fight, Scorpion boss fight, Scorpion team-up against Rhino and the segments where you play as Harry in the giant Sandman boss fight.

It improved on some elements from SM2 imo.

Last edited:
Also, there was some fun parts in the game like: the Harry boss fight, Scorpion boss fight, Scorpion team-up against Rhino and the segments where you play as Harry in the giant Sandman boss fight.

It improved on some elements from SM2 imo.
Those are really fun boss fights.
Enemies attack indicators is the thing to stick to mind most as an improvement, reflexes is another thing to leave a good impression on me as an improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"