Part V (Spoiler Thread)

Pour one out for Tala and (her robot, what’s their name), they just pulled a K2-SO/Rouge One move.

Vader pulling down a ship and then being a straight ninja while fighting Reva was dope as ****.
She’s been one of the better characters in the show for me.

I swear star wars as a whole is the most wildly inconsistent property going today. 2 characters survived lightsaber stabs to the stomach and one of them twice now. Qui-Gon died from the same stab and in this very episode a trooper got stabbed in the stomach by obiwan and died. So is Reva just walking around now with 2 holes in her stomach?

but to counter that the flashback stuff with Hayden was excellence even if hes clearly older then 2002 and vader vs reva was great

Easily the best episode so far and honestly this show should have been more of what this episode was. Loved the flashback stuff and Vader being a badass towards the end. Not focusing more on the relationship dynamic between Anakin and Ben was a huge, missed opportunity IMO. They could have built up some real tension between those two so that when we finally see them meet again after all these years it might have actually felt impactful but doing this so late in the game just feels like a waste of potential.

I also still don't get how Reeve is still alive or how she survived Order 66. I mean maybe they'll explain it, but there are enough unanswered questions already in this show so I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm actually a bit bummed that Indira Varma's character is gone as well since I really liked her.

Seeing Ewan and Hayden going at it again was just amazing. and Vader was so badass!

I thought it was great .

The show isn't going to win everyone over to be sure, but I have a pretty hard time finding fault with this episode.

Easily the best episode so far and honestly this show should have been more of what this episode was. Loved the flashback stuff and Vader being a badass towards the end. Not focusing more on the relationship dynamic between Anakin and Ben was a huge, missed opportunity IMO. They could have built up some real tension between those two so that when we finally see them meet again after all these years it might have actually felt impactful but doing this so late in the game just feels like a waste of potential.

I also still don't get how Reeve is still alive or how she survived Order 66. I mean maybe they'll explain it, but there are enough unanswered questions already in this show so I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm actually a bit bummed that Indira Varma's character is gone as well since I really liked her.

I'm guessing we should take her one-on-one flashback pov as a nightmare and she merely hid/faked being dead, while her 'family' got slaughtered. Not to take it so literally that Anakin 'attacked her' and she simply survived the wound and such.

The way that sadly hit home, considering what we learned about the most recent school shooting - really hurt.

A better episode, but still very sloppy. The Episode 2 flashback was somewhat jarring as Hayden with the Padawan look was kinda strange. They should have just given him the Jedi mullet from Episode 3 instead.

Reva is still written terribly, her motivation is twisted and transparent to the point that it is laughable. Her fight with Vader was a joke.

Welcome back Grand Inquisitor,

How the bloody hell is she still alive?!

ohh come on now she knows about Luke, Kenobi you are the worst guardian ever.

Liked the ep (and the last one, since I didn't comment on it yet)... at least in concept if not execution... Fun seeing flashbacks to Ep II era Ani and Obi, the Order 66 scenes, Obi slyly convincing Reva to make her move, Vader taking down the ship was great and his fight with Reva had its moments...

But jeez, the cheapness and amateurish feel of the whole thing is just impossible to get past. Same problems as every other episode. In terms of FX and cinematography, it just flat out looks bad. The acting from most, the dialogue, the plotting, even the blocking... all... pretty rough.

Liked the ep (and the last one, since I didn't comment on it yet)... at least in concept if not execution... Fun seeing flashbacks to Ep II era Ani and Obi, the Order 66 scenes, Obi slyly convincing Reva to make her move, Vader taking down the ship was great and his fight with Reva had its moments...

But jeez, the cheapness and amateurish feel of the whole thing is just impossible to get past. Same problems as every other episode. In terms of FX and cinematography, it just flat out looks bad. The acting from most, the dialogue, the plotting, even the blocking... all... pretty rough.

I feel like the initial ship taking off before Vader grabbed it, looked pretty rough - but the rest was more than fine for a tv show.

I don't feel Vader should have been straining to pull that ship before it took off. I have some minor gripes with the episode, but definitely most enjoyable one for me personally! I wish we would have gotten more content like this throughout.

Also... was there another hanger behind that hanger? Because, I don't think we saw a second ship until after Vader destroyed the first one - I need to rewatch it to make sure. Seemed almost as weird as the whole Chewie was on another transport.

I mean most of us think that episode was pretty good right? I was pretty satisfied. It wasn't as perfect as it could be but I have no big complaints either.

Yeah, and I suspect most of the reviews of it are gonna be positive even if there are reservations about the episode.

They won't satisfy everyone, but I gotta think the majority of the response to this episode will be positive , even if some do it grudgingly.

So wait. Is it entirely possible that we don't see another Vader duel with Obi-Wan in the finale? I feel like the focus will now be Reva targeting Luke.

I don't feel Vader should have been straining to pull that ship before it took off.

I was fine with him straining. Plus I think it was the right call, because if it appeared too easy for him people would've then questioned why he didn't bring the second transport down. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if some folks are complaining about it, but at least someone like me can hang on to the fact that the first transport wasn't a cakewalk for him to pull down.

Any idea on the planet Anakin/Obi-Wan were training on?

i believe it’s supposed to be the Jedi Temple on Coruscant
...they're not in a city center, let alone a city. It's very reminiscent of the Jedi Temple - yet looks a bit more flush with nature. It looks like a Jedi "spa" planet, lol.

Did I miss something or were Obi-Wan and Reva just having a quiet conversation through a big reinforced metal door that was thick enough to withstand heavy weapon fire?

Reva really spilled the beans to Obi-Wan with little prying from him.
He said a few words and she just exposed her lifelong plan.

I swear star wars as a whole is the most wildly inconsistent property going today. 2 characters survived lightsaber stabs to the stomach and one of them twice now. Qui-Gon died from the same stab and in this very episode a trooper got stabbed in the stomach by obiwan and died. So is Reva just walking around now with 2 holes in her stomach?

but to counter that the flashback stuff with Hayden was excellence even if hes clearly older then 2002 and vader vs reva was great

Why would a Jedi cling to life? Accepting death as a natural part of the Force is part of being a Jedi. They would not use the Force in an unnatural way.

Reactions: Bim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"