Paul Dano is Edward Nashton aka "The Riddler"

I don't know much about him as an actor, but I'm not a fan of his look for what I'd prefer for the look of the character to be.

Last edited:
Never crossed my mind for him as a casting choice but it really is pretty much perfect!

Speaking of the Riddler, someone in this (or another) topic has mentioned the 1995 story "The Riddle Factory," and despite being a huge Batman fan and having read hundreds of story, I must admit that this character is one I haven't encountered too often in the comics.

So, what are some of the best Batman stories or runs featuring the Riddler as the main villain?

Looking forward to seeing Dano go up against Pattinson, especially since the Riddler is reportedly the main villain.
Good. It’s about time he took centre stage.

Im still on the fence about this one.

Honestly prefer this to Hill as Penguin, don't dislike him but just never really liked the idea of him for that role, personally just from looking at him think he lacks a believable sadistic side that lends itself well to Cobblepot.

Haven't seen him in too much so not gonna pass judgement (although I don't like that his surname is not gonna be Nygma)

Neil Patrick Harris or James McAvoy personally would have been my first choices for The Riddler.

NPH is definitely a fan as well lol.
aw7D6n8_460s.jpg

Speaking of the Riddler, someone in this (or another) topic has mentioned the 1995 story "The Riddle Factory," and despite being a huge Batman fan and having read hundreds of story, I must admit that this character is one I haven't encountered too often in the comics.

So, what are some of the best Batman stories or runs featuring the Riddler as the main villain?
Not a comic but my favorite outing with The Riddler to this day is still the episode of Batman: The Animated Series, If You're So Smart Why Aren't You Rich.

Pretty good origin story for the Riddler, too, yeah!.

P.S.: I have a soft spot for the Animated Series' rendition of everyone of the villains. Despite it being a "Satuarday Morning Cartoon," they always tried to approach each of the characters from a human and psychologically credible POV. More screenwriters should definitely take a page from that. Not try to copy TAS, but get into the mindset of trying to explore who these villains are as human beings.

Last edited:
The hell ? Jonah Hill was considered for this role :funny:

Dano is absolutely spot on casting. Now, if only they would go for Bryan Cranston as Jim Gordon, I'll lose my mind.

Actually, Hill was considered for Cobblepot, but wanted to play the Riddler, which probably (together with $$$) is why negotiations broke down.

Dano is absolutely spot on casting. Now, if only they would go for Bryan Cranston as Jim Gordon, I'll lose my mind.
Yeah I never got that, even though I wasn't crazy about him as a potential Penguin it had to be Penguin he played. He's just nothing like Nygma.

Would be like if they approached Ed Harris for Mr Freeze and he was like "Na I think I want to play Bane"

Speaking of casting, I never knew why there were many obvious choices that didn't happen. For instance, Willem Dafoe as The Joker or Bryan Cranston as Jim Gordon. Out of every Batman's character, I would say these two are near to perfect casting. Jason Ackles would be great as Red Hood, but he's too old now

J. K Simmons was so perfect for J Jonah Jameson that they even have him reprised the role.

Speaking of casting, I never knew why there were many obvious choices that didn't happen. For instance, Willem Dafoe as The Joker or Bryan Cranston as Jim Gordon. Out of every Batman's character, I would say these two are near to perfect casting. Jason Ackles would be great as Red Hood, but he's too old now
Love everyone of those mate but I am genuinely most saddened Dafoe never got a chance as Joker think he would have been god damn glorious.
https://****************.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/21042010_102908403777795_3477534594645884928_n.jpg

Love everyone of those mate but I am genuinely most saddened Dafoe never got a chance as Joker think he would have been god damn glorious.
https://****************.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/21042010_102908403777795_3477534594645884928_n.jpg

never say never.

DiZNqCbX0AAovsy.jpg

Jeffrey Wright is Gordon.

Yeah, Dano is a such a better choice for this than Hill. I don't know exactly what route they're going for with the Riddler but Hill doesn't fit any version of the character I've seen.

The latest is that Hill was offered The Penguin, but wanted to be The Riddler, and that's why he passed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"