Gotham Corey Michael Smith is Edward Nygma

Yeah man, I don't see it. I see 3 different types Riddlers.

tumblr_ncf0fuMtDg1rrkahjo9_250.gif
tumblr_inline_mwjda9w89u1rak4ek.gif
tumblr_n8waydcJIl1rrkahjo7_250.gif

this is so cool to see them next to each other.

I could see him becoming the Gorshin version.

Interesting tidbit, he has not seen Batman Forever and he's only seen bits and clips of Frank's Riddler.

I like how he was so annoyed when Gordon answered the riddle.:woot:

He wasn't annoyed, he was impressed. He's intrigued with this guy like he will one day be with Batman.

It's funny; I loathed Nygma in the pilot, but I was so pleased to get more of him in this episode, even though he was revealed to be a bit of a creeper. His attempts to connect with Kristen Kringle were a strange mix of pathetic and just plain weird.

I'm a bit confused about why he helped Bullock and Gordon investigate later in the episode, though. Bullock said he could help because he loved puzzles but the only thing I saw him do was help identify which maintenance workers were out of town or otherwise incapable of being the killer. Bullock and Gordon could've done that. Am I missing something?

Yeah, it was a nicely balanced portrayal in the last episode. A little awkward, a little creepy, but still intelligent.

Bullock was being dismissive, and giving him "scraps".

He doesn't value Nygma's intelligence and isn't using him to his full potential. That's going to be a problem at some point.

I've always been annoyed by Riddler. This new version annoys the hell out of me, but there was a moment in the new episode where i almost felt bad for the guy.

I was glad they gave him more emat this episode. The characterization is spot on to me, and the actor really fits the role. His meeting with Kristin was weird, he was really socially inept, which is consistent with his characterization. The riddler thinks he's superior to others, and being unable to cope with everyday relationships is consistent with having that much of an ego "that's because they can't understand my genius".

I've always been annoyed by Riddler. This new version annoys the hell out of me, but there was a moment in the new episode where i almost felt bad for the guy.

The Riddler is supposed to be annoying. Always has been.

I think he's just a guy who loves his job and has a weird way of showing it. I mean, he just takes so much joy in even the mundane aspects of working in forensics and solving crimes. It's a hint at the darker path he could take later on, but at the same time it's kind of endearing. You've gotta love someone who can be that happy in a job that boring.

Really starting to like this iteration of the riddler. He's sympathetic and we can see why he may turn to the darkside soon.

I'm loving this take on Edward more and more with each episode.
Smith is great.

Between his playing around in the morgue and rearranging Kris Kringle's files, I wonder how many complaints HR has gotten about Eddie? :funny: I can't wait till he starts getting his own subplots.

This dude is great. I really like this actor as the future Riddler. He's so funny when he starts riddling around. He's like a riddle machine, driving everybody crazy. OTOH, I have a hard time picturing this person turning into a villain. He's too nerdy, too geeky, for that. He lacks the badass nature of a future criminal. I could see him going to crime if he went through some traumatic experience. But as it is now, it just doesn't seem like he's got it in him. Still love the character, though.

the riddler has never been a badass villain though. He's not a psycho killer like the Joker, or someone who would destroy the cit.... oups....

This dude is great. I really like this actor as the future Riddler. He's so funny when he starts riddling around. He's like a riddle machine, driving everybody crazy. OTOH, I have a hard time picturing this person turning into a villain. He's too nerdy, too geeky, for that. He lacks the badass nature of a future criminal. I could see him going to crime if he went through some traumatic experience. But as it is now, it just doesn't seem like he's got it in him. Still love the character, though.

The same was once said about the man who would be Heisenberg. But I think the point if for him to be unassuming and rather harmless.

The same was once said about the man who would be Heisenberg. But I think the point if for him to be unassuming and rather harmless.

Heisenberg? I'm afraid I don't know who that is.

You do see a little bit in this episode that he's starting to feel unappreciated. He comes up with brilliant solutions to various, and everyone else just ignores him. They could easily take a darker turn with that down the line.

You do see a little bit in this episode that he's starting to feel unappreciated. He comes up with brilliant solutions to various, and everyone else just ignores him. They could easily take a darker turn with that down the line.

Yeah, this is a really good thought.

His scene stole the episode for me IMO.

I have a hard time picturing this person turning into a villain. He's too nerdy, too geeky, for that. He lacks the badass nature of a future criminal. I could see him going to crime if he went through some traumatic experience. But as it is now, it just doesn't seem like he's got it in him. Still love the character, though.

That worked out well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"