Gotham Corey Michael Smith is Edward Nygma

TheOneWhoKnocks

Civilian
Reaction score
Cory Michael Smith has joined the cast of Gotham as Edward Nygma, the DC Comics character destined to become future supervillain The Riddler. In the prequel drama from Fox and WB TV’s, Nygma is a brilliant but socially awkward forensic scientist who’s eccentric and outgoing and desperate to be liked. Smith has a guest role in the pilot and may become a series regular on the hourlong drama exec produced by Bruno Heller, which stars Ben McKenzie as young Gotham City cop James Gordon. Donal Logue, Jada Pinkett Smith, Zabryna Guevara, Sean Pertwee, Robin Lord Taylor, Erin Richards, David Mazouz, and Camren Bicondova also star. Smith is coming off of HBO miniseries Olive Kitteridge with Frances McDormand and turns in Todd Haynes’ Carol, opposite Cate Blanchett, and Camp X-Ray with Kristen Stewart. Smith is repped by Paradigm and Circle of Confusion.

cory-michael-smith.jpg

God damn I keep misspelling the names in the thread title.

Last edited:
tumblr_mi17epUZBP1qbppbno1_500.jpg

He's got a good look and build for the part.

That works.

He has that smug 'I'm smarter than you' look. I like it.

Edward Nygma is a bored genius/prodigy who decides to test himself by playing mind-games with Gordon and the Gotham PD. That could be really fun to see. He looks "Riddler-ish" to me.

He works for the Gotham PD, in Forensics, I believe.

That doesn't preclude him playing mind games with them. If anything, it gives him an advantage.

Found on tumblr...

tumblr_n59iqs1Z8U1raab69o1_500.jpg

Cory Michael Smith posed a riddle in his TVLine interview: What is shameful to give away, honorable to take, and it can be a game but there are no winners?

Let's try and solve it!

I dug the little piece we got from Smith tonight. You can tell he's kinda not right.

Yeah it was short & effective. Just a hint of the madness.

I liked what we got from the pilot. Makes me think maybe next season they will add a psychologist to the department.. Mr.Crane perhaps?

If they do add one and don't use Crane then it would be Strange…

I liked how he showed that it's perfectly acceptable for people to be let's say eccentric in Gotham.

I think he will be in more scene next episode......I don't think we see all these character beside Fisher and the penguin

I loved Penguin, really didn't like this guy as Riddler. Felt it wasn't needed at all, forced for sure.

If they do add one and don't use Crane then it would be Strange…

I liked how he showed that it's perfectly acceptable for people to be let's say eccentric in Gotham.

I'd actually love that even more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"