Paul Thomas Anderson's Inherent Vice

I love Magnolia and I think Punch-Drunk Love is his most underrated!

Punch Drunk Love is indeed underrated. But The Master has my soul.

uButvqb.png

470 feet dolly track that they used.

here's hoping for an Oldboy style fight scene but approximately ten times as long.

jk, regardless, i can't wait to see this shot. i've read the book and have no idea where they'd need a 470 foot dolly track...but i'm sure they do.

Oh boy. Classic PTA long take time. Can't wait.

Yup, looks like the classic long take.

I just picked this book up a few days ago at the bookstore to read. Wanted to get it before the cover said "Now a major motion picture!"

Greenwood/PTA collaboration yields probably the most interesting sound in all of Hollywood right now (other than perhaps Fincher/Ross/Reznor); to say that I cannot wait would be an understatement. I am blasting "Able Bodied Seaman" on my phone as I gush.

I love all pTA films, but I think Im one of the few who thinks his films has gotten better with each new film:

1. The Master 9.5/10
2. TWBB 9.5/10
3. PLD 9/10
4. Magnolia 9/10
5. Boogie Nights 8.5/10

I havent watched his 1st film.

Warner Bros Dates Paul Thomas Anderson’s ‘Inherent Vice’ For December 2014

Paul Thomas Anderson‘s next film Inherent Vice has been given a plum awards-season release date. Warner Bros said today that the pic starring Joaquin Phoenix, Reese Witherspoon, Owen Wilson, Josh Brolin, Katherine Waterston and Jena Malone will come out December 12, 2014. The adaptation of Thomas Pynchon’s 2009 detective novel will be Anderson’s first film since 2012′s The Master, which was nominated for three Oscars. The studio has spent the past week setting its release slate, especially for early 2015, finding spots for Man From U.N.C.L.E (January 16), Run All Night (February 6), Focus (February 27) and Get Hard (March 27).

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/inherent-vice-release-date-december-12-2014/

What a wonderful Christmas present, perhaps it'll hit Venice before its release.

Small First Look Photo From This Fall's Big Movie, Paul Thomas Anderson's 'Inherent Vice'.

b2Ishkv.jpg

Entertainment Weekly's Fall Preview issue continues to serve up more stuff that's not yet online, but has been digitized by those who can't wait for studio marketing types to get the material out there. And so that means the first official image from Paul Thomas Anderson's hugely anticipated "Inherent Vice" is pretty small.

But still, it's something that nonetheless gives us a look at Josh Brolin and Joaquin Phoenix in the Thomas Pynchon adaptation, and apparently it's going to be just as bonkers as you think. "A piece of fruit plays a major role. It's frozen. And it's my friend," Brolin told the magazine. "Even talking about it now makes me chuckle." So yeah, WTF, and yes "The Long Goodbye" and Cheech and Chong are both cited as influences on this one.

"Inherent Vice" arrives in limited release on December 12th and goes wide on January 9, 2015.

It's something anyway!

I'm glad we got another Anderson film so soon after The Master and I like that this movie's allegedly gonna be much more comedic than his last few movies. My favorite movie of his might actually be Punch Drunk Love and while I love his moody films (except for There Will Be Blood), easing off the gas pedal is a good change of pace

Punch Drunk Love is incredible. The fact that PTA got that out of Sandler is enough proof to me that he is a man among boys when it comes to directing.

While I'm happy that Joaquin got the role (he's been on a roll as of late) I'm sad that Robert Downey Jr couldn't commit to 'Vice' due to the shooting delays and him having to do Iron Man 3.

I really miss Robert doing quality indie stuff, and for a while, he was stuck doing tentpole after tentpole (Marvel, Sherlock).

Now, RDJ has 'The Judge' coming up but that's up in the air. It might be really good, or just a standard procedural type film.

While I'm happy that Joaquin got the role (he's been on a roll as of late) I'm sad that Robert Downey Jr couldn't commit to 'Vice' due to the shooting delays and him having to do Iron Man 3.

I really miss Robert doing quality indie stuff, and for a while, he was stuck doing tentpole after tentpole (Marvel, Sherlock).

Now, RDJ has 'The Judge' coming up but that's up in the air. It might be really good, or just a standard procedural type film.

Yeah I'd be in this same boat if Phoenix hadn't been so damn perfect in The Master, but something tells me Phoenix and PTA are just made for each other. Plus as you said, Phoenix has been on a role as of late.

I agree though. RDJ needs some real work. He hasn't been in anything worthwhile outside of the MCU/Holmes stuff since Zodiac and that was seven or so years ago.

Hai guyz remember that one time when we had a trailer for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"