The Mandalorian Pedro Pascal as The Mandalorian

Thanks was also about to post the link, nice to have an article about it, and not just speculation.
Had no idea he was doing King Lear on Broadway,

“[Pascal] would ask me, and I would ask him the same question, which is, ‘Why did you move like this during that moment?’ We would go back and forth,”
Looks like there is a unique back and forth going on, in creating this character together.
This is one of those instances (at least for the significant episodes) where I would love to see dual credits.

More at Vulture - Meet the Man Beneath the Mandalorian’s Armor
In terms of working with Pedro, how much did you see him on set?
Well, you know, hopefully I gave him as much of a break as he possibly needed, because he was working on, I think, three things at the time. I can’t remember. But I saw him frequently.
Also looks like not surprisingly even others doubled for Wayne too,
Almost all of [the doubles], ..... — I think there were four at the end of it
True collaborative effort.

Oh remember how I was getting smeared because I said it's not Pedro under the mask... vindication feels good.
LOL! Nobody smeared, or it was never about you, people asked for proof, to have an honest discussion, if you were reaffirming and helping spread this misinformation/lie-
pretty sure Pedro is just doing the voice over work.
I’m sorry to say, none of the actual Mando in costume has been Pedro.
Which we know isn't true.

Last edited:
I feel like the title of this thread should be changed to "Pedro Pascal Is Kinda the Mandolorian."

Brendan+Wayne+Premiere+Universal+Pictures+XmAWc5I6Czrl.jpg

What percent do you think you’re being used onscreen?
I don’t think I’m allowed to say, honestly. I don’t. But I will say it’s very rewarding because I see it frequently.

I feel like the title of this thread should be changed to "Pedro Pascal Is Kinda the Mandolorian."
LOL!
Or at least a shared credits and title. And while "Frequently" is not "always" leaves plenty of room for interpretation; Brendan Wayne has very publicly and maybe even over-stepping (not sure how Disney feels about that? LOL!) not shy about staking his claim to much of the physical presence of the Mando. Yet he describes at least four others doubling for the Mando at some point too, not sure if that even includes stunt or specific skill doubles? We'd need to track all their names, for the most accurate title. LOL! All in all it's mostly meaningless, behind the scenes noise.

In the end the voice pretty much dominates, and they built the character on Pascal as the lead, if the helmet ever does come off, although they could actually go almost any way,, and have almost any surprise (even species LOL!), I imagine it would almost certainly be Pascal. :cwink:

Last edited:
Yeah, I hope that eventually he'll take his helmet off and from that point on, it will hopefully be Pascal doing everything from the character from that point forward.

That article doesn't mean Pascal never wore the armor. Just saying.

The Mandalorian is not Pedro 100% of the time. He sometimes is a stuntman. *Gasp*

This is one of the funniests hang up's to have.

Like head shaking funny, no laughter.
Dallas Said she did not work with him in person on one episod . One episode of 8 episode .but it is still ridducules to assume he never have been under the helmet . Untill the rest of the crew say it it just speculation

I have to admit I'm still not use to hearing Pascal without an accent in The Mandalorian. It's so strange, it sounds like him, but it also doesn't sound like him.

I have to admit I'm still not use to hearing Pascal without an accent in The Mandalorian. It's so strange, it sounds like him, but it also doesn't sound like him.
Well I Think he sounds like this
So for me it sounds like him

Reactions: Bim
I was watching behind the scenes I liked hearing him recording his 'mando voice' his mando voice sounds a lot different than his regular speaking voice it just sounds so bad ass which makes his character that much more bad ass.

pedro-pascals-got-the-moves

2knCnmy.gif

The-Mandalorian-Chapter-12-The-Jedi-Ahsoka-Tano-Rosario-Dawson-Beskar-Spear.jpg

Is it considering type casting now to give Pedro Pascal a Spear?

Is Mando now becoming Space Oberyn Martell?

He needs something to use against the dark sabre.

Thank you. My brain was trying to make that connection throughout the episode but couldn't quite do it. I was like, "why does that spear seem familiar? ...Did he have a spear before? I feel like I've seen him do fancy things with that spear...but when?" :funny:

Well that episode sucked. :o

True!
Although this time hopefully he'd have his helmet on!:cwink:
It would be glorious If possibly the series gives us the opportunity to revisit that fight with a different outcome. :yay:?
From the main thread....
Since it's intro could possibly somewhat speak to the actors skill set,

En0ezirXIAA-TrU.jpg

Although if that were true, he'd be getting a whip too! :oldrazz:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Gideon v. Mando, mano a mano.

It's gotta happen and the Beskar spear is a big clue.

Part of me wants it to just sit in the background and have us forget he has it. Then at the right moment he busts it out to stop Gideon.

Gideon v. Mando, mano a mano.

It's gotta happen and the Beskar spear is a big clue.

Part of me wants it to just sit in the background and have us forget he has it. Then at the right moment he busts it out to stop Gideon.
Good point. I was thinking earlier in the season as to how Mando could take on Gideon, and I’d suspected Ashoka might have been brought in to help. But now that he has the spear he can engage him in close combat directly.

Good point. I was thinking earlier in the season as to how Mando could take on Gideon, and I’d suspected Ashoka might have been brought in to help. But now that he has the spear he can engage him in close combat directly.

Ok... Hear me out...

This is maybe where Fett fits in?

As we saw with the Magistrate, you have to have some serious skill to wield the spear as an effective weapon against a light saber.

Okay... Why should we assume, even as someone whose religion is being a warrior, that Mando has any clue about how to fight with a spear?

He's been given Beskar/Mandalorian weapons and equipment before and was asked about his familiarity with them. Which... Makes sense. The variety of Mandalorian weaponry and each one having individualized gear etc. has been there from the jump.

So lets say Mando gets to a point he knows a confrontation with Gideon is inevitable and he is also at this time aware of the Dark Saber? He's got a trump card for it but doesn't have the exact training?

What if Boba Fett does?

Now we have Fett in a pivotal role as a mentor character but one we obviously can't trust 100% so we always have some tension between them as we wait for either the other shoe to drop or be proven wrong in our suspicion... Just spit balling here.

4ofyov.gif

Is it considering type casting now to give Pedro Pascal a Spear?
Is Mando now becoming Space Oberyn Martell?

He needs something to use against the dark sabre.
...hopefully he'd have his helmet on!:cwink:
It would be glorious If possibly the series gives us the opportunity to revisit that fight with a different outcome. :yay:?
Ok... Hear me out...

This is maybe where Fett fits in?

As we saw with the Magistrate, you have to have some serious skill to wield the spear as an effective weapon against a light sabre.

Okay... Why should we assume, even as someone whose religion is being a warrior, that Mando has any clue about how to fight with a spear?

He's been given Beskar/Mandalorian weapons and equipment before and was asked about his familiarity with them. Which... Makes sense. The variety of Mandalorian weaponry and each one having individualized gear etc. has been there from the jump.

So lets say Mando gets to a point he knows a confrontation with Gideon is inevitable and he is also at this time aware of the Dark sabre? He's got a trump card for it but doesn't have the exact training?

What if Boba Fett does?

Now we have Fett in a pivotal role as a mentor character but one we obviously can't trust 100% so we always have some tension between them as we wait for either the other shoe to drop or be proven wrong in our suspicion... Just spit balling here.

Don't know what kind of training if any Mando's suposedly had with a spear? Although not sure how the absence of evidence for it, leads to it's Fett who will be using it? (implied Tusken weapons not withstanding)
However during the ep.2 Trandoshan ambush and fight, he very much already uses the length of his rifle like a bo-staff/spear for blocking and even thrusting like a spear.
It's just not made of Beskar.
(check the whole ep.2 fight)
727f54f3b037445682aaa6ad92662429033ffcf1.gifv

2a7b2c810c8c5e849c769c93eb1fab80bf25f7a4.gifv

036f65d6941e3a06d2869e469ce715fc9a096a6f.gifv

Not sure if that speaks to if he will/won't use the spear against the Darksaber, yet even absent a montage of him training with it, I'd still be satisfied, he's already somewhat prepared and skilled enough to use a spear (even against a Darksaber if necessary.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"