Penny Dreadful

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah. I didn't like the actor they chose. The guy who played the step brother should have been Arthur.

yeah. I didn't like the actor they chose. The guy who played the step brother should have been Arthur.
Ha, I thought the exact same thing at the time. Yeah, I have confidence this show will be at least better than that one.

1st episode - very stylish, creepy. Strong performances from Green, Hartnett and Dalton. Can't wait to see more!

Apparently the first episode is already officially online thanks to Showtime. Haven't watched it yet myself, but I think you can find it on youtube.

I rather enjoyed the first episode. They didn't waste a second getting into the action. It looks like the story will most closely follow the novel Dracula (although far from exactly).

My one complain was the creature. I was hoping for something more hideous and frightening. That's the whole point of the character.

Im pretty sure that was not Dracula that they killed. More like a minion or something that protects the blood den.

I'll wait until it's official, that way I won't have to wait so long for the second one. :)

Beautiful premiere episode was beautiful. Loved Dalton being [blackout]Mina's father[/blackout].

It is like The League of Extraordinary Gentleman except with more emphasis on the horror.

The Orphanage director Juan Antonio Bayona did a great job. Dublin seems to be the go to location to stand in for Victorian London and the show makers made it looks better than NBC's Dracula. I swear some of the locations were the same ones used in Ripper Street which is also filmed in Dublin.

The Treadaway twin playing Frankenstein is one of the better portrayals of the character I've seen.

Last edited:
Watched the premiere episode last night and really loved it. Can't wait to see where this show goes.

The one word that kept popping up in my head when watching this. Was creepy in a good way. Timothy Dalton and Eva green are going to keep interested, I thought they were great in the episode. I was a little disappointed by the monster reveal because it was a more serendipitous event than a scientist looking to become god.

Very effective pilot -- I'm hooked! Atmospheric with strong acting all-round (like this interpretation of Frankenstein and his BFF). Surprising amount of graphic violence and nudity.

Very effective pilot -- I'm hooked! Atmospheric with strong acting all-round (like this interpretation of Frankenstein and his BFF). Surprising amount of graphic violence and nudity.

It's Showtime, there being graphic violence and nudity on the show is the least surprising thing ever.

Just watched the first episode and loved it. Can't wait for the next!

I'm in too. The first episode was great.

I wasn't going to watch it early but I caved. Glad I did. :D

Alright for the most part, my favorite scene was the end with Frankenstein. Very well done scene, I like how it played out quietly. Frankenstein's probably my favorite of the classic horror stories.

Jekyll and Hyde for me. Don't know if they'll manage to throw that one in or not...

Are vanessa Ives and Ethan chandler from a preexisting work or are they original?

Original. In one of the BTS videos, John Logan says he wanted the core trio (Chandler, Ives and Sir Malcolm) to be characters of his own creation working within the world of these literary works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"