• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PEZ: The Movie

Snow Queen

Universally Loathed Feminazi (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
Move over LEGO, Minecraft and Emoji, there’s a new random thing in town that is demanding the big screen treatment! According to Deadline, PEZ Candy Inc. has entered into an agreement with Envision Media Arts to develop a feature animated movie based on their world-famous line of candy dispensers.

Cameron Fay (The Three Stooges, Brother in Law) will pen the screenplay for the film, which clearly earmarks it as being a comedy, possibly of the meta/”Hey look how dumb this is!” variety. Lee Nelson (Pathfinder) and David Buelow (Celeste & Jesse Forever) will produce the PEZ movie.

“PEZ Candy is beloved by children and adults alike,” EMA CEO and founder Lee Nelson said. “With Cameron Fay we’ve created a world unique to Pez and a story that will touch the hearts of many.”

A long-cherished childhood tradition, PEZ is an Austrian company founded in 1927 which added heads (Santa Claus, Mickey Mouse, etc) to their dispensers in order to appeal to children during the 1950s, shortly after the product started marketing in America. Soon hunger for the multi-flavored candy was equalled by a fervor to collect the many pop culture icons embodied in the dispensers, which have included characters from DC and Marvel Comics, Peanuts, Star Wars, Star Trek, Transformers, The Wizard of Oz, NASCAR and the rock band KISS. Over 3-billion PEZ candies are consumed in the U.S. alone each year.

So a bunch of characters talking from their slashed throats?
That shouldn't freak out kids at all.

If you're going to do a movie about candy, why not go with the M&M's?

Clearly the bottom of the barrel is much deeper than we thought.

Pez dispensers were my first action figures, if you can even call them that haha.

^ :lmao:

I'm gonna pass though. When they do a Skittles movie though I'm all in

All this movie will accomplish is making me realize that I'd rather be eating Pez than watching a movie about it, so I have to question their thought process on this one.

And I thought they were scraping the bottom of the barrel with Battleship.

Oh geez.

Soon we will get live action treatments of Dr Pepper, Corn Flakes, popcorn, cup cakes and chocolate bars

*rolling eyes*

You wouldn't watch a cup cakes and chocolate bars movie? You suck, Airwings. :cmad:

I do?

Ok, what kind of genre is a chocolate bar? Romance? War? Cyberpunk? Western?

It's obviously a dark comedy.

Oh geez.

Soon we will get live action treatments of Dr Pepper, Corn Flakes, popcorn, cup cakes and chocolate bars

*rolling eyes*

Banana Begins

Baking Soda: Rise of the Cake

Salt v. Pepper: Dawn of Seasoning

Oh geez.

*rolling eyes*

We already got that movie. It's called Food Fight.

Seriously, if they want to make a movie like this why not M&Ms? They've already got a fake movie trailer.

[YT]j_eabL16a5w[/YT]

Seriously, if they want to make a movie like this why not M&Ms? They've already got a fake movie trailer.

[YT]j_eabL16a5w[/YT]

Yeah, but in true Hollywood fashion, when the movie is actually made all the M&M's will be white. :o

We already got that movie. It's called Food Fight.
Then it's time to create the shared "soda, candy and cake universe" (SCCU).
A lot of solo films will be made. It has a lot of potential. I mean, just try to imagine Coca Cola's origin story back in the old west. Lot of steampunk elements.

EPIC!!!!

I remember when I heard they were making a Battleship movie, I thought it was the stupidest idea ever.

But Hollywood manages to keep finding ways to top that.

In all seriousnesss, why have we NOT had and M&Ms movie? Can we just take the money from this nonsense and give it to that instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"