Planet Hulk (New animated feature film from Lionsgate)!!!

Whats all this about?

Hulk: The Animated Series TBD In development; scheduled for Spring 2009 release. (1)

That's great!
Now We've got:

Hulk: The Animated Series
Hulk Vs. - January 2009
Planet Hulk - February 2010

This has nothing to do with TIH (Spoilers).

Moving...

Moving where and why? There's no Hulk World forum here for some dumb reason considering there's a TV show, an animated tv show, and a lionsgate release. It should be withing Hulk forums somewhere.

how can you get excited about something that is going to come in 2 year's time?

how can you get excited about something that is going to come in 2 year's time?

Probably because I'm not dead and I'm not an emotionless Vulcan. There's plenty of projects coming out in 2010 and beyond I'm excited about.

in two years, no one is going to care about world war hulk

in two years, no one is going to care about world war hulk

Thanks for speaking for everyone and representing the Earth's population like that. Who was talking about World War Hulk anyways? Any Hulk animated DVD that comes out if done well will sell. If you're not interested and don't care find another thread to be negative in.

I'm in a warm safe place. I'm good enough, smart enough...and people like me! Sheep are nice soft animals. I like popcorn! ;)

Thanks for speaking for everyone and representing the Earth's population like that. Who was talking about World War Hulk anyways? Any Hulk animated DVD that comes out if done well will sell. If you're not interested and don't care find another thread to be negative in.
I've mentally grouped planet hulk and world war hulk as pretty much the same general saga in my mind.

And why the hostility? Not all threads are to share warm cosy feelings towards the subject.

The point still stands as to why they are releasing a product that will be yesterday's news in animated format in 2 year's time when it will become further 'yesterday's news'.

It doesn't have legs yet to be seen as a classic tale and based on that there are far more interesting stories from the olden era that would justify such a release, not only from a hulk perspective but also from all characters in marvel.

This is in the same line of marvel releasing not one but two spidermen series in the years after the films come out (I think the original one was in 2003 after spidey and the next one is spidey 2) a year after spidey 3 but then both are losing out to the main drive of advertising one another with cartoon and film working in unison.

alas i feel this is down the same road with marvel just trying to cash in but on something people will no longer be talking about in 2 year's time.

probably in the same line of me making a funny gif about zidane headbutting now. It's lost its bite because it happened ages ago. gotta keep it relevant or go completely retro. middle ground is dangerous of looking unable to keep up with the times.

I've mentally grouped planet hulk and world war hulk as pretty much the same general saga in my mind.

And why the hostility? Not all threads are to share warm cosy feelings towards the subject.

The point still stands as to why they are releasing a product that will be yesterday's news in animated format in 2 year's time when it will become further 'yesterday's news'.

It doesn't have legs yet to be seen as a classic tale and based on that there are far more interesting stories from the olden era that would justify such a release, not only from a hulk perspective but also from all characters in marvel.

This is in the same line of marvel releasing not one but two spidermen series in the years after the films come out (I think the original one was in 2003 after spidey and the next one is spidey 2) a year after spidey 3 but then both are losing out to the main drive of advertising one another with cartoon and film working in unison.

alas i feel this is down the same road with marvel just trying to cash in but on something people will no longer be talking about in 2 year's time.

probably in the same line of me making a funny gif about zidane headbutting now. It's lost its bite because it happened ages ago. gotta keep it relevant or go completely retro. middle ground is dangerous of looking unable to keep up with the times.

That's like saying Iron Man is yesterday's product and they shouldn't make an origin film. They take a popular storyline and they make an animated film out of it. Now that the comic was successful they're gonna take the storyline to a wider audience. Smart idea. Hopefully Infinity Gauntlet or Secret Wars will come.

shouldn't they be prioritising to sell classic stories in this format first rather than vice versa?

Regarding Marvel Kids you need to do some research cause I never looked into it. Planet Hulk is a feature length movie.

While Planet Hulk seems like a cool idea, I'm interested in seeing what Marvel is planning on afterwards. Because with my broad general sense of comics and timelines, the Illuminati sent away the Hulk thus resulting in the Planet Hulk storyline, however it was then that a few major story arcs unfolded. House of M to Decimation, Civil War, Endangered Species, World War Hulk, Messiah Complex, Secret Invasion. If they were to, hypothetically, decide to begin a streak of animated features following this timeline, the Civil War feature would probably coincide with an Avengers film in theaters. This would be very interesting to see even though it is years in advance.

Lastly, I'm not trying to attack you November Rain, but Planet Hulk and World War Hulk are two rather different stories, they even take place on different planets, with the main ideas being Revolution and then Revenge/Redemption respectively to both storylines. Although I see why you grouped them into one shabang, as they both include the Hulk destroying things and beasting people.

Regarding Marvel Kids you need to do some research cause I never looked into it. Planet Hulk is a feature length movie.

oops my bad, i should have been more specific. Ya i meant the Marvel Kids, it looks so awesome, I thoguht it was from some sort of upcoming movie.

As for Planet HULK, I am quite interested

--dk7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"