Plot hole? (Spoilers)

That's something conveniently left out of the film; when T'challa becomes aware of killmonger, and in turn realises that he is the one who freed Klaw, why doesn't he challenge that? Killmonger was only accepted into Wakanda because he presented Klaws corpse; T'challa didn't call him out on aiding Klaws escape in the first place?

The challenge needs to be in Wakanda grounds. The challenge will have no effect in South Korea

Pretty good vid defending the plot holes.
[YT]_eKGvSis198[/YT]

I think Kilmonger needed Klaue to get back on the Wakandan "radar". He knew or surmised that the issue of Klaue just being brought up again would lay groundwork that would add to his scheme of taking the throne.

But it does happen, especially with major religions in competition. With actual low level wars going on many poor but relatively stable countries have their citizens across international borders teaching and running medical and public works ministries

Okay, but what about the first bit?

Okay, but what about the first bit?

Wakandans were taking baby steps into the outside world. Beyond spies we had agents starting to fight against human traffickers on their borders. The movement was not fast enough for Killmonger and those who supported him beyond just blindly following a King who was only accepted because he won a fight.

Haven't all Wakandan kings throughout history acquired the job through winning a fight though? :p

Haven't all Wakandan kings throughout history acquired the job through winning a fight though? :p

I got the impression that the challenge was largely ceremonial - sort of like the "speak now or forever hold your peace" objection offer that pops up in TV and movie wedding ceremonies - but M'Baku and the Jabari went against protocol and challenged the coronation.

Given the ceremony it wasn't just a fight. Otherwise just as soon as a King hit his middle ages to be sure of success a tribe would have put up a royal champion to take the throne as finally happened with Killmonger.

Silly plot hole:

How is the Ape tribe vegetarians if a) they live in snowy mountains with no vegetation and b) have fishermen!? Are they fishing for seaweed?

Silly plot hole:

How is the Ape tribe vegetarians if a) they live in snowy mountains with no vegetation and b) have fishermen!? Are they fishing for seaweed?

b) I believe M'Baku was just referring to his family as vegetarians - the threat was that he was going to feed Ross to his family.

a) Vibranium?

I got the joke but didn’t it didn’t add up. Again, silly observance.

While we can call it hypocritical, some vegetarians do deem it okay to eat fish and eggs.

It's also theoretically possible that he's still messing with Ross and isn't a vegetarian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"