The Dark Knight What the sides and filming point to as plot/JOKER

RoryGotLaid was the first person banging on about Chuckles being the Joker

I've read that entire article before. Filmick.com, I think. He should just quote it, not pass it off as his own thoughts. Unless he is filmick.com, in which case I apologise.

Who here would be ok with at least some verbal background on the Joker? I mean, no cut scenes or in depth explanation, just talk of who he was or who people think he might've been, and why he is seeking to terrorize the mob and/or seek revenge.
i mean, just heresay within the film, kinda like how Ra's didn't have much of an explanation, other than him mentioning that he was motivated by his wife being taken from him. something tiny maybe like that?

Who here would be ok with at least some verbal background on the Joker? I mean, no cut scenes or in depth explanation, just talk of who he was or who people think he might've been, and why he is seeking to terrorize the mob and/or seek revenge.
i mean, just heresay within the film, kinda like how Ra's didn't have much of an explanation, other than him mentioning that he was motivated by his wife being taken from him. something tiny maybe like that?

Yup, thats my preference, keeps things going at a fast pace. They should tell the story through Batman as he follows Joker's trail, tidbits from Gordon, criminals etc. Not sure I want to see how he came to be Joker, keep him mysterious and unexplainable

Yeah a mostly verbal explanation as Batman recounts clues or speaks to crooks/doctors/police. Flashbacks can be VERY brief, vague flashes that don't have to take up more than minute or two combined in the whole movie. To have flashbacks in the sense that BB had them would totally be stupid.

No hell no, If you would see the dark knight from a general movie audience you know damn well the general audience would want some background story, batman is already established just look at Batman Begins. According to the sides I'm hyped as hell, this is what I was expected a theatrical sick lunatic fearless shark joker. That's what I want to see and that's what I'll get to see. This movie's central plot point should be widely on Batman and Joker. I think it would be a nice thing if Nolan dwelled in a bit on Harvey's dent psychological problems by flashback scenes in the third one. I want joker to take on everyone no holds barred maddness, I want him to take on Batman, Salvatore Maroni, simply everyone. I love the writing because it seems real and straight to the point. I hope he fixes the action, I like the direction there going with this. THE DARK KNIGHT WILL ROCK AND KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!! I SEE A BAD ASS JOKER IN THE MIX.

Nolan put a great cast behind Bale in The Dark Knight. But, I wish Gyllenhall would have played Dawes in BB because she is a way better actress than Holmes.

Nolan put a great cast behind Bale in The Dark Knight. But, I wish Gyllenhall would have played Dawes in BB because she is a way better actress than Holmes.

I think THE DARK KNIGHT will give clues as to the Joker's origin (kind of like the comic THE MAN WHO LAUGHS), but never 100% conclusively go into it. Enough to satisfy the audience, but not enough to strip the character of mystery.

Found this on the web. It's from some guy named Despin. He's heard stuff from people who's read the script. Interesting...but nothing really big.

Hey there.

I heard that up until am few weeks ago Nolan and the Studio were in a bit of a stale mate about the joker. The most dramatic Joker "looks" the ones that Nolan really loved were rejected by Warner Bros. apparently there'd been a bunch of designs made and Nolan was really quite ****ed up (I heard like a cross between Itchi the killer and the Captain in Pan's Labyrinth), but in the end, they told him that Joker is not the Scarecrow, and they really can't **** around with his look. That the hard core designs were so explicit that they were skirting the R, something that Warner didn't want to do.

So. As of not too long ago Nolan completely abandoned the idea and settled on a look that is basically "real-world Joker."

If it's all true thenb I guess the studio have a point.

Sure, older geeks generally want everything to be "dark and gritty" and aimed directly at them.. So the idea of a ****ed up R rated joker can be apealing on some lvel.. But I guess they do have a responsibility to a more general audience. Batman is a pop culture icon. And kids are gonna go and see it.

Who knows. The way I see it The Joker will work or not work in this film based on the screenplay not the make up. And I hear from people who've read the script that The Joker is ****in EVIL in this movie and does some seriously ****ed up **** to people.

There's meant to be one scene where a certain character goes through some kind of ****ed up psychological torture that sets something up for later movies.... And it;s supposed to be the best scene in the script.

Despin out.

Brian scene from the casting sides??

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=134383&st=200

I doubt the "Best Scene In the Script" would be in a casting side.

Also - it sounds like a scene between the Joker and Harvey, and man am I drooling over it.
3p15.jpg

Sweet.

God that will/would be so sweet with J doing that to 2

I doubt the "Best Scene In the Script" would be in a casting side.

Also - it sounds like a scene between the Joker and Harvey, and man am I drooling over it.

Indeed. :up:

It fits some info I got about Nolan's early designs and whilst I didn't mind the idea of a Captain look ala PL, I have to say I'm sort of glad WB intervened as it would've seriously pissed people off.

Indeed. :up:

It fits some info I got about Nolan's early designs and whilst I didn't mind the idea of a Captain look ala PL, I have to say I'm sort of glad WB intervened as it would've seriously pissed people off.

amen. so fox what did you hear about the early designs? Note that in both examples given they include a cut mouth/smile. warners was right to reign nolan in if this is true.

Yeah, you're right. That would be unbelievably SWEET for Joker to torture Harv. I always wondered how Nolan would work in throwing acid in his heightened realistic world. Would you guys be for Joker to torture Harv and then carv up/burn/etc. half of Harv's face rather than acid being thrown in a courtroom?

I really hope they add how they came up with the Joker's looks on the DVD. It'd be interesting to see their thought process and they came up with the end product.

Speaking of DVDs, I finally got to watching the extras on the Batman Begins DVD. Not sure if anyone else was aware of this, but they had a section where they had brief background info on Batman's hardware, characters, and enemies from the movie. Under Ras, they mention that he claims to be over 600 year old and that he's able to do this using the Lazarus Pits and they mention that Carmine has three kids: Alberto, Sofia, and Mario. I thought this was cool, especially Ras, cuz they mention the possibility of his immortality.

Yeah, you're right. That would be unbelievably SWEET for Joker to torture Harv. I always wondered how Nolan would work in throwing acid in his heightened realistic world. Would you guys be for Joker to torture Harv and then carv up/burn/etc. half of Harv's face rather than acid being thrown in a courtroom?

I really hope they add how they came up with the Joker's looks on the DVD. It'd be interesting to see their thought process and they came up with the end product.

Speaking of DVDs, I finally got to watching the extras on the Batman Begins DVD. Not sure if anyone else was aware of this, but they had a section where they had brief background info on Batman's hardware, characters, and enemies from the movie. Under Ras, they mention that he claims to be over 600 year old and that he's able to do this using the Lazarus Pits and they mention that Carmine has three kids: Alberto, Sofia, and Mario. I thought this was cool, especially Ras, cuz they mention the possibility of his immortality.

i like the idea of J getting into harvey's head, but not making him two-face. as for the DVD- we've discussed that around the time the DVD was released and it is cool! i wonder how much of that was based on DC and not nolan. director's often don't have tight control over a DVDs contents.

amen. so fox what did you hear about the early designs? Note that in both examples given they include a cut mouth/smile. warners was right to reign nolan in if this is true.

I don't think we need necessarily see this as a matter of anyone reigning in or obstructing anyone else: it might well be a simple matter of Nolan working with other people and listening to what they have to say.

Maybe the scene could mirror the one from The Killing Joke when Joker tries to drive Gordon to insanity?

What does Captain from PL look like? And what did you hear 'bout the Joker's look, Miranda? I WANNA KNOW!

Only that they did experiment with scarring at some point. I'm not sure if they've completley abandoned that idea, though - there is definitely something weird going on with Heath's mouth in the set pic where he's in makeup. However, these postings (and there was one at AICN too, which I dismissed at first because...well, AICN) would suggest WB made him drop the cut-smile idea so...who knows.

Has anyone ever tried asking pictaker what he/she could see of the makeup when he/she took those photos?

I don't think we need necessarily see this as a matter of anyone reigning in or obstructing anyone else: it might well be a simple matter of Nolan working with other people and listening to what they have to say.

could be.

there is definitely something weird going on with Heath's mouth in the set pic where he's in makeup. However, these postings (and there was one at AICN too, which I dismissed at first because...well, AICN) would suggest WB made him drop the cut-smile idea so...who knows.

Has anyone ever tried asking pictaker what he/she could see of the makeup when he/she took those photos?

somebody should definately ask him *nudge*

you think there was something altered around his mouth? i saw a circular mouth, as if he's in the middle of speaking, and wearing dark lipstick. hmmm...i'm intrigued if you're intrigued.

could be.

somebody should definately ask him *nudge*

you think there was something altered around his mouth? i saw a circular mouth, as if he's in the middle of speaking, and wearing dark lipstick. hmmm...i'm intrigued if you're intrigued.

Ah, true that. I dunno if I saw anything, really. Hence why I though of asking.

I woonder if PT still checks his/her PMs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"