The "Get Violent" Video Game RPG OOC/Sign-up Thread

Electro UK

Can't all be for nothing
Reaction score
The Get Violent Video Game RPG

getviolent-1.jpg

Game Masters: Electro UK and JinnSato

Video games have been in existence for decades now. They’ve spawned hundreds of media icons, Mario and Sonic being key examples. Millions of games, covering just about everything in your imagination and more. However, in every single video game, there’s something you have to do, a way you have to do it in.

Not anymore.

Welcome to the Get Violent Video Game RPG, the RPG that lets you take control of your favourite video game character and do just about anything with him. Solid Snake vs. Bowser, Leon Kennedy vs. Kratos, Master Chief vs. Gordon Freeman, the possibilities are endless. Get writing.

The Layout

This is the first Season, and the location is New York City. Players first posts will feature their character in familiar surroundings, possibly a key point in their history, before mysteriously finding themselves in the modern day city. From season to season, the location will change, next season could be Ancient Greece from God of War, or Talon from Metroid Prime for example.

It may be that a player may take certain other character’s/items with them to pose as interesting plot points, say Liquid Snake could be hold of a Metal Gear, or Master Chief brings his war with him, its up to you.

The Rules

- No characters from video games based on comic books or movies etc, this game is designed for video game characters and nothing else.

- No killing taken characters without the player’s permission. That may be harder with some characters so be careful.

- Stay within your character’s limits. Mario isn’t going to be jumping sky scrapers anytime soon.

- Check what you’re bringing with you with an official. Don’t want someone bringing World War 2 with them for example.

And now for the players!

Heroes

Naked Snake (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid: Portable OPS)
Electro UK

Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Gaiden)
JinnSato

Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog Series)
Obi-John-Kenobi

Spyro the Dragon
Blacklight

Red (Pokemon)
Mr. Marko

Mario
Eddie Brock Jr.

Link (The Legend of Zelda Series)
Blacklight

Fox McCloud
Syn (Mercenary)

Captain Falcon (F-Zero series)
ScarletVenom25

Samuel Fisher (Splinter Cell series)
Bryd Man

Ratchet and Clank (Ratchet and Clank series)
Electro UK

Sam and Max
NamesAreUseless

Lara Croft (Tomb Raider series)
Eddie Brock Jr.

Gold (Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal)
Blacklight

Cloud Striffe (Final Fantasy VII)
Lord Doom

Luigi (Mario series)
Obi-John-Kenobi

Master Cheif (Halo series)
unstoppable

Walking the Line

Shadow The Hedgehog (Sonic The Hedgehog Series)
ScarletVenom25

Altair (Assassin's Creed)
Spidey's Super-Fan

Villains

Liquid Snake (Metal Gear Solid Series)
NowufaceDoom

Sarah Kerrigan
NamesAreUseless

Psycho Mantis (Metal Gear Solid)
NowufaceDoom

Arthas Menethil the Lich King (Warcraft 3)
JinnSato

The Spider Mastermind (Doom)
NamesAreUseless

Trickster
JinnSato

Wolf O'Donnel
Syn (Mercenary)

Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda Series)
Electro UK​

Notes: Villains needed! If you see your character on the roster ut there’s a problem, please notify Electro UK.

Application

(No nonsense) Application for the "Get Violent" Video Game RPG

Name of character and game that he/she/it appears in:

Powers/skills/inventory of the character:

Will your character be bringing any other characters, items from their game with them?:

Why have you chosen this character?:

Can you provide any need-to-know information about your character for players with no knowledge of that character?

Please provide your sample "blackout" post if your character comes from a different time to the present setting:

Please provide a picture of your character:

First thing's first. JinnSato, seeing as you were really helpfull keeping that list without even being asked, I'm offering you a mod position.

Secondly, everyone without a second character, please take a villain. :(

LibrarianThrone and Taskmaster, are your characters in the right place on the roster I've only played completed Devil May Cry 1, but to my recollection, Vergil was like Sparda, only he fought you?

Also, what game is Nightmare from and is he a villain?

Claude isn't a villain? I just figured if he was a GTA character, he probably was. :huh:

Who is he? The guy you play as?

...does Punisher get in a car and just drive up a pavement full of innocents, running them over with joy?

Why am I not reserved as Red from the Pokemon games? If you don't want me to play him, It's fine, I'll find a villian, but that would be a serious bummer....

You guys really want a big villain? Alright:

Name of character and game that he/she/it appears in:
Clokwerk, chief antagonist of Sly Cooper and The Thevius Racoonus, and the cause of all the trouble in Sly 2: Band of Thieves, although he isn't in it.

Powers/skills/inventory of the character: Clokwerk is a genius inventor, who developed computers and advanced cybernetic technology thousands of years before they were even imagined by Science Fiction writers. His most impressive, albiet in an unsavory way, is his almost psychotic obsession with and determination to kill ever member of the Cooper family there ever will be. This obsession allowed him to survive for hundreds of years before he turned himself into a cyborg. He is massive in size, is nigh indestructible, is capable of flight, and posesses a small arsenal of weapons, including machine guns, missiles, and heat vision. His eyes also have a hypnotic gaze.

Will your character be bringing any other characters, items from their game with them?: No. He's setting up shop from scratch.

Why have you chosen this character?: He has the chance to be a major villain. And he's a giant robot.

Can you provide any need-to-know information about your character for players with no knowledge of that character?

Clockwerk was a rival of one of Sly Cooper's ancestors back in ancient Egypt. Somehow, their rivalry turned into pure hatred, and Clockwerk killed Sly's ancestor. He then procceeded to follow the man's descendants all over the world (the Coopers are globe trotters by nature, you see), wait until they've had children, and then kill them. As he did so, he lost more and more of his humanity (or, birdishness, I guuess), and eventually was entirely mechanical in nature. He was "killed" by Sly Cooper, and his parts were used by a corrupt Interpol agent to transform into an immortal, all powerful cyborg (who was subsiquently killed by Sly. Immortal my ass). However, the atentive player would notice that, out of all of his body parts mentioned, his brain remained unaccounted for.

Please provide your sample "blackout" post if your character comes from a different time to the present setting:

The sun sets in the Egyptian desert. Dr. Richard Teller has been digging for two weeks now. He believed he's found the remains of an old burial ground, from before the days of mummification. Not a truely spectacular find, but it would tell us more about where we came from. Which, as far as Dr. Teller is concerned, is what archeology is really about. He hears his name called out, and rushes over to his assitant, Randall.

"Randall, what did you find?"

"...th...this!"

He looks at the object in Randall's hands. It is a brain, in a class orb, suspended in fluid and connected to a series of metal wires, which in turn connect to metal circles on the surface of the orb. Dr. Teller suddenly thinks of how huge a find this is.

To those who have not realized by now, this tale will, eventually, and in his very bloody death.

picture.aspx

Application for the "Get Violent" Video Game RPG

Name of character and game that he/she/it appears in: Link from "The Legend of Zelda" series.

The Master Sword,
A basic shield,
a few bombs,
a bow and arrows,
and a hookshot.

Will your character be bringing any other characters, items from their game with them?:
The spell that Ganondorf cast upon the Tri-Force that caused the teleportation to modern day New York City brought Zelda, Ganondorf, and the Tri-Force itself to New York, and all three characters and the Tri-Force are scattered in different places in NYC.

Why have you chosen this character?: Link is one of the most legendary heroes in video game history!

Can you provide any need-to-know information about your character for players with no knowledge of that character? In the ancient land of Hyrule, an evil wizard named Ganondorf tried to open a door to an evil world holding the legendary Tri-force by capturing seven young maidens that were descendants of seven mages that sealed the door forever. He believed he could harness the magic of the maidens to open the sealed door and steal the power of the Tri-force to rule both worlds. Link is a boy, now a young man, who one fateful night woke up to a mysterious voice, a female voice of one of the maidens, one named Zelda, and thus his journey began to save her and defeat the wizard and protect the Tri-Force.

gamecube_zelda4.jpg

After a feirce battle, Zelda, or Sheik, used a powerful magic spell to weaken Ganondorf, I then gave one more powerful slash to Ganondorf and he fell next to the Tri-Force.

sheik_closeup.jpg

"You are defeated Ganondorf. You will never take the Tri-Force now."

"If I can't have the Tri-Force, NO ONE CAN!!!"

Ganondorf then cast a spell on the Tri-Force and a burst of white light came from it, engulfing all three of us in it.

"Ugh..."

"Nooo."

And everything went black, and I woke up in this strange place with tall structures and beeping contraptions...

linkinNY.bmp

smb_screen021.jpg

Should have my applications up for Liquid Snake and Wesker or Psycho Mantis up later.

Should have my applications up for Liquid Snake and Wesker or Psycho Mantis up later.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I'll do Naked Snake one in a bit, after I think of a villain.

And The Question is approved.

First thing's first. JinnSato, seeing as you were really helpfull keeping that list without even being asked, I'm offering you a mod position.

LibrarianThrone and Taskmaster, are your characters in the right place on the roster I've only played completed Devil May Cry 1, but to my recollection, Vergil was like Sparda, only he fought you?

Nightmare is the main antagonist in the Soul Calibur games. He is the wielder of the posessed, evil sword, Soul Edge.

NightmareA-1024.jpg

Do I need to copy and paste my application from the other thread to this one? Or am I all set to go since I already wrote one for Ryu and such?

If its not too much trouble, couple you fill out the new app I posted? Just so I can be 100% on all characters playing.

Name of character and game that he/she/it appears in: Naked Snake (or Big Boss) from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater/Subsistence, and Metal Gear Solid: Portable OPS. An older version of the character appears in Metal Gear 1 and 2, but I will be playing him from the end of Portable OPS so it doesn't really matter.

Powers/skills/inventory of the character: Naked Snake/Big Boss is the ultimate warrior, possessing mastery of close-quaters combat, perfect sneaking skills, and experience with any weapon. He only has use of his left eye after his right was shot.

Will your character be bringing any other characters, items from their game with them?: Just his bandana and eye-patch.

Why have you chosen this character?: Metal Gear Solid is my favourite game series, but Solid Snake was a little too obvious a choice, I figured playing Naked Snake, from a different time would be much more interesting.

Can you provide any need-to-know information about your character for players with no knowledge of that character?: Years later after where I play Snake off from, Les Enfant Terribles project commences. Bascially, the clone sons of Big Boss are born, Liquid, Solid, and Solidus Snakes.

"I've realised I'm not living unless I'm in battle, so I have to find my own reason to fight, I have to pass on what's been handed down to me." Jack looked out over the air field with his good eye. His squad were being led off the airplane, saluting him as they went. He gestured back as a sense of pride fell about the place. He's spent the past month or so with those men, everyone single one of them, a brave soldier. It was an honour to fight by their side, especially as they were willing to give up their lives to bring down Metal Gear. Roy Campbell slowly walked away from him, back to his duties. In turn, Snake too left the scene.

The car ride was uncomfertable. As Snake rocked in unison with the bumps, one thing stayed on his mind. "Your son will bring the world to ruin. Your son will save the world." Elisa's final words. Snake had already told her he wouldn't have children, and yet still she persisted. What could she mean? Bring the world to ruin and save it?

Only time could tell. Snake had to live on, had to survive, had to find the answers.

Training was a breeze for Snake, now back in his sneaking suit, bandana equiped and eye-patch secured. Darting to the next wall, he snapped his paintball gun into action and landed one into a guard's head.

"Excellent Snake, that ordeal on the peninsula has left you in top form." Major Zero stepped out, marking the end of the excersise. Snake approached his old friend, interrupted by a tremor at his feet. He looked up at the Major, who had stopped moving. Completely.

It was like he was frozen. Snake cautiously reached for his survival knife, before the wall exploded. Snake managed barely to stay on his feet as a woman floated through the gap.

"Elisa!?" failing to keep his jaw shut, Snake edged backwards. She was meant to be dead, stabbed by Gene. Snake could see that same powerfull glow she'd emitted before, but her expersion was... twisted.

"You're son will bring the world to ruin, your son will save the world."

"What are you trying to say to me?" he growled, slowly picking up his MK from the Major's hand.

"See for yourself." light covered Snake's eye instantly blinding him. As it started to fade, the noises of motors started to come closer and closer. Slowly, Snake opened his eye.

"Where the--"

"Hey, ya one eye'd nut! Get off the freakin' road!" a bulky man stepped up to Snake, appearing from what looked like a car, only... there were hundreds of them, and the designs we nothing like what he'd seen before.

Confused, he backed off of the road and into the bustling pavement. Sky scrapers, everywhere. He knew where he was. This was New York City. The question was, when was he there?

metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-20061201022459240-000.jpg

Yeah, that's a good place for Vergil, he's mainly concerned with his own power and will go through anyone who gets in his way, good or bad.

Name of character and game that he/she/it appears in: Liquid Snake- Metal Gear Solid/ As an arm-Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Liquid has received black ops training from the SAS which he was a part of and would later join the group FOXHOUND. Liquid is an expert hand-to-hand and weapon combatant. He possesses an extensive knowledge in many different fields of the military. Liquid is also in peak human condition allow.

A small group of soldiers and Metal Gear Rex

Why have you chosen this character?:
One of my favorite games and one of my favorite villains.

Liquid is the son and clone of Big Boss. He is also the twin brother of Solid and Solidus Snake. He is head of the special ops group turned terrorist FOXHOUND. His main goal is to recreate Outer Heaven with the help of Metal Gear.

He comes from this time period but I'll provide a sample anyway.

Snake.....it was his fault. It was him who reduced Liquid to this state. As Snake lived he was forced to share his mind with another, the traitor Ocelot. He believed though he could take over.

"Liquid" Ocelot spat out. "Get out of my MIND!" Ocelot's consciousness was brought to a very surreal landscape. It was a jungle but very oddly shape and standing on top of a small cliff was Liquid.

"Hello Ocelot, how's my arm treating you?" Liquid hop down from the cliff and headed toward Ocelot.

"How dare you Liquid!" Ocelot shouted at the approaching Liquid.

"How dare are I? You are the triple crossing everybody. I know who you really work for. And this..." he grab his arm that was attach to Ocelot "is mine." Liquid ripped off Ocelot's arm and placed it back onto his. Ocelot's eye's open but Liquid was in control. "I'm going to take your brand new toy and destroy your masters!"

Back in Ocelot's mine they both wrestled for control. Ocelot now had grown into a giant, towering over Liquid.

"It's going to take more than that to stop me, Liquid. It's my mind and I have control over this place!" A giant fist smash Liquid and everything turned black.

When Liquid's eyes open he wasn't in Ocelot's head anymore. He was in his own body. He looked around and figured he was in New York City judging by the buildings. A sound snapped him out of this joyous occasion.

"zzzzt....Commander your guest has arrived...." He remembered.....

liquid.jpg

(The mind battle takes place between the Tanker and the Big Shell incident of MGS 2)

You're playing him in terms of being in Ocelots body?

Accepted.

Oh and X-men, I may take up Gananondorf, would that be cool?

That would be AWESOME! Does that mean I'm approved?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"