Police kill owner's dog in front of him and other onlookers

I just saved a small bird yesterday out of a trash can because it was stuck in the plastic. I could never be cruel to animals. It's just not in my nature. It makes me sick to think there are people like this out there.

There are multiple ways that situation could have been handled better. Instead the police officer ( who is reasonably on edge) decides to get in between the owner and dog and then shoot him dead. I'm not sure how police protocol works , but if the situation was more volatile ( the suspect resisting arrest , them being in a confined area) I might of agreed with this. I don't think it was necessary to kill the dog.

I love animals and I actually grew up with a Rottweiler. The only problem I have with this is the piece of **** cop didn't put the animal out of it's misery. He just sits there staring like a derp.

I know it sucks, but when a dog is attacking a police officer, they have to take action which usually means shooting it.

If any of you had a gun and say, a pitbull starts to attack you, are you just going to let it finish you off or defend yourself?

I'd probably try to back away from it and maybe fire a warning shot. If the dog was gnawing at me then it would get shot in the head. I don't know what Police are trained to do though.

Last edited:
If that dog came at me...I'd fire a warning shot....kick it...mace it...heck maybe even taze it if it came to that...

It's a dog that's just trying to protect it's owner. Unfortunately its owner is an idiot. It doesn't understand. If it was a man with a knife that's a different story.

And at the end of all this the dog faced the consequences of everyone else's stupid decisions.

I've actually found videos of situations like this on youtube.

Here is a another "incident" . ... Columbia, Missouri SWAT Raid 2/11/2010. Cops immediately shoot restrained dog in front of child, then seconds later fire several more shots.

The cops were wrong in this situation. I'm not even saying this as an animal lover, but they clearly ignored protocol.

I'd probably try to back away from it and maybe fire a warning shot. If the dog was gnawing at me then it would get shot in the head. I don't know what Police are trained to do though.

Order more donuts.

Seriously, why was the dog owner being arrested in the first place? Because he was recording too close?

Cops are just trigger happy idiots that are never there when you need them.

Hopefully they get fired and sued. and the trigger happy moron gets it from the wrong end of a barrel of a gun from some junky.

Gdamn this video really pissed me off! I hate animal cruelty.

So, it turns out that many police departments all across the country have serious problems with internal regulation and discipline and hiring people who are actually psychologically, intellectually, and ethically up for the job by any reasonable standards. It's a really serious problem in the US and it's troubling that it's never a topic of concern during election season.

Dog's view their owners as a part of their pack. They protect their pack. That dog was doing what any good dog would have done, and that cop reacted like a ****ing coward. POS hope he gets some sort of reprimand, and I hope the owner can find some sense of peace. And for ****'s sake give the man the dog's body! Jesus Christ! Bunch of pricks!:cmad:

I've seen stories like this before. However, the man arrested was a grade-A dumbf***. Police told him to turn down his music in his car, which he didn't do and admitted to. Then he got out his phone to record them, probably trying to get evidence for his lawsuit. The situation is entirely his fault and I hope he never owns another dog.

Having said that, the police officer who shot the dog has been accused of brutality and corruption. This is the LAPD anyway, so this is par for the course. He should be stripped of his badge and imprisoned for being a sociopath.

I've seen stories like this before. However, the man arrested was a grade-A dumbf***. Police told him to turn down his music in his car, which he didn't do and admitted to. Then he got out his phone to record them, probably trying to get evidence for his lawsuit. The situation is entirely his fault and I hope he never owns another dog.

No, the situation is the fault of the police. If playing music loudly and recording a police officer (which is entirely legal, by the way) escalates to the point where a police officer shoots and kills a dog, then it's the fault of the officer for not properly handling the situation. Dealing with situations like this without shooting anything is literally a police officer's job.

Police Officers are the people to whom we give firearms and the legal authority to take away a person's freedom. They're the ones we have to put high standards on.

This is the kind of person we're expected to entrust our safety with. Does not inspire confidence.

No, the situation is the fault of the police. If playing music loudly and recording a police officer (which is entirely legal, by the way) escalates to the point where a police officer shoots and kills a dog, then it's the fault of the officer for not properly handling the situation. Dealing with situations like this without shooting anything is literally a police officer's job.

Police Officers are the people to whom we give firearms and the legal authority to take away a person's freedom. They're the ones we have to put high standards on.

The police told him to turn down his music and he didn't. When police tell you do to something as simple as turn down music in your car, you do it. I don't excuse what the police did, any officer who shoots a dog is probably either trigger-happy or a sociopath who shouldn't have a badge. But the owner is entirely at fault for the situation happening in the first place.

The owner is an idiot and the cop is trigger-happy and frankly probably a sociopath, because I think you have to be to just pull out a gun and shoot a dog unless it's physically attacking you.

It's the LAPD, they regularly shoot people without provocation.

They're probably laughing about this.

I freaking hate the police. Some cops are good, but seriously a lot are just freaking idiots who are given a badge and a gun and that just freaking sucks. Edited to be PG-13.

I can't even watch that video since I don't know what's on it - just - I freaking hate a vast majority of cops, how hard is it giving someone who wants to protect the people rather than someone who just wants to shoot, taze, and harass them for no reason. It doesn't sound that hard.

Last edited:
To be fair, I don't think you can compare the average police officer to a LAPD officer. They're exceptionally corrupt. Not to mention trigger happy.

To be fair, I don't think you can compare the average police officer to a LAPD officer. They're exceptionally corrupt. Not to mention trigger happy.

I'm just tired of it. Especially given where I was born cops killed poor people just for being out on the streets. Nothing leading up to it just plain old idiots out there to hurt people rather than to help them. So, I just naturally don't trust them.

I think if I was the cop, I would've shot at the ground just to scare it.

it seems like a lot of cops are not trained properly and are not trained good at all in high risk situations

I'm just tired of it. Especially given where I was born cops killed poor people just for being out on the streets. Nothing leading up to it just plain old idiots out there to hurt people rather than to help them. So, I just naturally don't trust them.

There are good cops out there, but it does draw in a certain crowd for the police force. Be it people who are very insecure, have God complex, or whatever. Trust me, I know a guy (NOT A FRIEND however) who joined the LAPD who is fairly racist towards hispanics and blacks. And that's being nice. AND he's getting assigned to South Central. So...yeah..

I do think there many police who truly believe in justice. And there are many who don't.

it seems like a lot of cops are not trained properly and are not trained good at all in high risk situations

That means the police academy is not doing their job then. Hell, I feel like the cops from 'Police Academy' are more appropriate for the job than some of the cops I've dealt with. YES, CAREY MAHONEY HIMSELF, STEVEN GUTTENBURG!

I saw the video and really wish I hadn't. I hope to hell that officer faces some serious consequences. I'm not surprised it happened. I've never had dealings with a police officer that wasn't a sub-human piece of ****. Somehow filming cops and loud music shouldn't lead to shooting a dog and then letting that dog writhe in pain in the street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"