Police kill owner's dog in front of him and other onlookers

My uncle is a cop and he's good at it. He was in the military police prior to that for several years. I've also known of several cops who were corrupt but their fellow officers pulled that brotherhood ******** and covered for them. Unfortunately it's not always easy to tell who is a decent cop and who will turn out to be a bigger criminal than the criminals they arrest.

I've seen some really petite female officers I must say who are kind officers. I wonder how and why they got into it. Or maybe they are the good ones. Even then, I guess even you're a good cop you have to turn the other cheek. If you're a Serpico, you're just asking for trouble... I don't know.

it seems like a lot of cops are not trained properly and are not trained good at all in high risk situations

The problem is that police training has shifted very heavily towards use of force and a more military mindset over the last 30 years. The militarization of the police force is a huge problem that's contributed to a lot of unnecessary violence in our cities.

My uncle is a cop and he's good at it. He was in the military police prior to that for several years. I've also known of several cops who were corrupt but their fellow officers pulled that brotherhood ******** and covered for them. Unfortunately it's not always easy to tell who is a decent cop and who will turn out to be a bigger criminal than the criminals they arrest.

The small town I grew up in had a borderline evil police force. Every single police officer on that force were the absolute worst people anyone could ever encounter, and the city gave them firearms and the job of protecting the people. **** that.

Small towns I think can be the best or worst. There's a limited number of potential candidates for one so you end up with those who either have a strong sense of law and justice or want the power of law enforcement to abuse. Then there are those who just like the idea of getting to play cowboy.

Small towns I think can be the best or worst. There's a limited number of potential candidates for one so you end up with those who either have a strong sense of law and justice or want the power of law enforcement to abuse. Then there are those who just like the idea of getting to play cowboy.

It seemed to me that the high school bullies that didn't move out of town ended up on the police force.

From what I've heard from relatives it's true where they live too.

First of all, I'm going to say this so that I don't get flamed (probably going to happen anyway) In no way am I trying to make excuses for what they did. Also, I love dogs. I have a dog myself. And I'm sad a dog had to die in this situation. It's unfortunate.

I didn't watch the video with sound, however, there seems to be what looks like a SWAT truck in the background. If SWAT is involved, then it's probably something serious or potentially serious. The wannabe reporter in the video was probably given multiple warnings to get back from the area for his safety, but like most idiots, he didn't comply.
-Cops start walking over to him so he know he should put his dog in his car
-Cops start to apprehend him, he starts acting irate
-Dog reacts to owners irate craziness and jumps out the car

At that point, it's about the Cops well being. Yes there's a chance the dog wasn't going to do anything, but They aren't willing to take those chances. As for the dog squirming around on the ground, have you not seen an animal get shot before? Their bodies typically react in that manner even when shot in a vital area.

I have nothing more to say, as I know someone is bound to fly off the handle and start flaming me.

And my god, you kids who are saying "I HATE COPS", "Cops are trigger happy morons" and such....Just stop. There are millions of cops, and they work to protect you. Even if this cop was in the wrong (he isn't), you still shouldn't generalize every single cop as being evil due to the actions of one bent cop.

No SWAT was involved.
The guy was walking his dog.
Started recording cops, cops approached him, considering he wasn't doing anything, there was no need to put his dog in his car. Notice how the dog was fine until the cops unlawfully started arresting him?
And of course the guy was acting irate because he was being unlawfully restrained; the cops had no legal grounds to apprehend the man.
The trigger happy cop pulled a gun out at a dog simply barking; unless it started growling and attacking, there was no need to pull a gun; cops are actually trained on how to handle dogs and this cop jumped the gun pardon the pun, and no, he wasn't on edge, he had two fellow cops with him.

I'm not one of the "I HATE COPS" posters, despite me living in Orlando where they are some of the *****eist ***holes, but this man and the dog did nothing. The cops deserve all the punishments they get.

Last edited:
I just hate that the ratio is 1 good cop for every 2/3 people that shouldn't be cops at all. That's not a good ratio at all. There should be more good cops than there are corrupt cops. And even if it is 2 good cops for every 1 corrupt one that still isn't good. We shouldn't have any morons with a badge at all. Especially given I know there a lot of genuinely good people who would be leagues better who place the people first. So it's being tired with all the coruptness and I have every right to be because this is coruptness in a service that's there to protect us. And I know there's got to be better candidates out there. That's what I'm upset about. Maybe it's a money thing and if it is - give cops more money. I know there are enough genuinely good people in this world that there shouldn't be a corrupt station period. Or maybe I just place too much faith in the common man, I dunno, I just think there has to be a way to fix this.

Last edited:
I just hate that the ratio is 1 good cop for every 2/3 people that shouldn't be cops at all. That's not a good ratio at all. There should be more good cops than there are corrupt cops. And even if it is 2 good cops for every 1 corrupt one that still isn't good. We shouldn't have any morons with a badge at all. Especially given I know there a lot of genuinely good people who would be leagues better who place the people first. So it's being tired with all the coruptness and I have every right to be because this is coruptness in a service that's there to protect us. And I know there's got to be better candidates out there. That's what I'm upset about. Maybe it's a money thing and if it is - give cops more money. I know there are enough genuinely good people in this world that there shouldn't be a corrupt station period. Or maybe I just place too much faith in the common man, I dunno, I just think there has to be a way to fix this.

Oh really? Where did you come up with that statistic? 2/3 of cops are evil huh?

Oh really? Where did you come up with that statistic? 2/3 of cops are evil huh?

I said I didn't have the stats or can't you read? Jesus what is it with some people and reading comprehension on here. I clearly stated there shouldn't be ANY corruption period. But, I don't know maybe you're pro having all cops - even the corrupt ones on a force - rather than seeing how corruptness is wrong and demanding it to be fixed.

The guy was walking his dog.

He wasn't just walking his dog, he drove by and asked the cops what was going on. They told him to turn his music down, he didn't. He stopped his car, got out with his dog, and started recording while still leaving his car's music on.

I'm not absolving the cops for what happened, but this isn't someone who was just walking by with their dog that the cops started giving a hard time for absolutely no reason.

There were definitely wrongs on both sides, but killing the dog was unnecessary. There had to have been a better way to handle the situation

I said I didn't have the stats or can't you read? Jesus what is it with some people and reading comprehension on here. I clearly stated there shouldn't be ANY corruption period. But, I don't know maybe you're pro having all cops - even the corrupt ones on a force - rather than seeing how corruptness is wrong and demanding it to be fixed.

Where the hell did you say you didn't have stats?

An even if you did, that doesn't enhance your argument. For every good cop 2 are *******s? Where did you pull that from? Your ass?

And yes, your goal is noble...."no coruptness ever" (It's spelled corruptness by the way). There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, I don't know why any sane person would be against that.

But that's not the case here, as the cop in this thread who shot the dog isn't corrupt. He was doing his job, and defending himself.

I do think by nature the profession attracts well, people who shouldn't be in the profession. It's kind of like the army. You'll always have those crazy nuts who go on a killing spree.

That's not to say all cops or soldiers are bad obviously, but giving someone a lot of power with very little oversight will definitely attract the wrong people.

I guess you don't have any reading comprehension at all. I clearly stated the complete opposite stat directly afterwards. You must have very poor comprehension if you couldn't see that I was saying any way around it - corruption is bad. But, okay I will put things very simple for you from now on. Very blatant. Okay?

Oh.. spelling correction on a message board, bravo, bravo! I actually have Universal Pictures looking to me as a screenwriter. But, bravo. Seriously. I just had to knock that comment down. I see lots making that comment to various people on here I just had to knock it down. It's a message board. Stream of thought with complete and total disregard to spelling. However, out of the two of us? I'm the one getting paid for writing. But, bravo on that one. And this isn't trying to speak up what I do, this is just me saying how off making comments like that are to try to "sound" better. Because you never know who you're actually saying that to.

Okay, at least you aren't as crazy as you come off then with liking corruptness. Actually I'll take what Majik is saying over you. You didn't watch it with the sound on, or at least you didn't in your first post so I'll readily take someone's word who did over yours. I can't see it because apparently you see the dog get shot in it. Or it sounds like you do.

Last edited:
I guess you don't have any reading comprehension at all. I clearly stated the complete opposite stat directly afterwards. You must have very poor comprehension if you couldn't see that I was saying any way around it - corruption is bad. But, okay I will put things very simple for you from now on. Very blatant. Okay?

Oh.. spelling correction on a message board, bravo, bravo! I actually have Universal Pictures looking to me as a screenwriter. But, bravo. Seriously. I just had to knock that comment down. I see lots making that comment to various people on here I just had to knock it down. It's a message board. Stream of thought with complete and total disregard to spelling. However, out of the two of us? I'm the one getting paid for writing. But, bravo on that one. And this isn't trying to speak up what I do, this is just me saying how off making comments like that are to try to "sound" better. Because you never know who you're actually saying that to.

Okay, at least you aren't as crazy as you come off then with liking corruptness. Actually I'll take what Majik is saying over you. You didn't watch it with the sound on, or at least you didn't in your first post so I'll readily take someone's word who did over yours. I can't see it because apparently you see the dog get shot in it. Or it sounds like you do.

1.) How is saying "for every one cop, there are two bad ones" and then adding "for every 2 cops, there is one bad one" show you WEREN'T pulling statistics out of your ass?

2.) Wow, I see I struck a nerve.

3.) I saw the video again, and I still stand by my decision. Honestly, I'm having a hard time reading what you're saying, and no, it's not because I "Lack reading comprehension". It just sounds like you're posting a bunch of jargon with "corruptness" thrown around. Why don't you rationally read my first post, and then explain to me how I'm wrong?

Last edited:
He wasn't just walking his dog, he drove by and asked the cops what was going on. They told him to turn his music down, he didn't. He stopped his car, got out with his dog, and started recording while still leaving his car's music on.

I'm not absolving the cops for what happened, but this isn't someone who was just walking by with their dog that the cops started giving a hard time for absolutely no reason.
You clearly didn't watch the video then, because he wasn't recording while walking the dog til he got to the street corner. As for the music, maybe someone in the city can explain if cops can tell someone to lower the music in their car without any complaints from residents in the area.

And you are absolutely absolving the cops; saying that you aren't doesn't mean that you aren't. You may not mean to, but it is exactly what you are doing.

1) I don't know, but to anyone who is thinking rationally you'd clearly see that those stats are just there to show that any order of statistics it doesn't matter. If I was only sticking by one set of numbers, okay. But, I clearly wasn't. I was sticking by two and two contradictory ones at that. Therefore, that should absolutely set off red lights that those are random numbers. But, hey - it's not my fault that the first time around you clearly only read the first two sentences before posting or at least it seriously comes off that way.

2) Not really a nerve, just I'm so tired of seeing people using that comment a lot for a lot of people. And why even bring it up if not to try to sound better? And due to being a writer with Universal, I can easily knock it down. So really it just bothers me a lot when people go for cheap jabs like that all over the place and it's so cheap that you don't know who the person on the other side is. So, it was more of a throwing that back into the face of everyone who has ever used that and to anyone. And I know people will get mad about me flashing my connections around, but here it adds weight to that.

Actually my whole post was to your last paragraph. Nobody on here is saying "all cops are bad, we hate all cops." Everyone on here is however saying and complaining that there are corrupt cops period. Which, evidently you have a problem with us even acknowledging it or seriously come off like you do in that last paragraph.

Then the second one, to which even Majik rolled his eyes at, was to you clearly only reading the first two sentences and calling it a day. You'll probably back peddle now and say you read the whole thing, but I find that really hard to believe. Also I see you stating things then Majik clearly stating that your assumptions about the video are wrong. So, as said, I'll have to take his side for it because seeing him around here more - I trust him more. I know how that sounds, but seeing two completely contradictory posts and not wanting to see a dog get shot, I'll have to stick by Majik.

You clearly didn't watch the video then, because he wasn't recording while walking the dog til he got to the street corner. As for the music, maybe someone in the city can explain if cops can tell someone to lower the music in their car without any complaints from residents in the area.

And you are absolutely absolving the cops; saying that you aren't doesn't mean that you aren't. You may not mean to, but it is exactly what you are doing.

I read the story on Gawker. This isn't a case where he was casually walking his dog, started recording the police, they saw him, arrested him, and shot his dog. There was an interaction with him and the police before he got out of the car. My point is that the owner was a **** head for getting involved in this to begin with, he clearly was just looking for dirt on the police for his lawsuit.

I haven't absolved the cops. They handled it in about the worst way possible (short of shooting the owner, too); any cop who just shoots a person's dog in any situation where it's not attacking is poorly trained and/or mentally ill.

I read the story on Gawker. This isn't a case where he was casually walking his dog, started recording the police, they saw him, arrested him, and shot his dog. There was an interaction with him and the police before he got out of the car. My point is that the owner was a **** head for getting involved in this to begin with, he clearly was just looking for dirt on the police for his lawsuit.

I haven't absolved the cops. They handled it in about the worst way possible (short of shooting the owner, too); any cop who just shoots a person's dog in any situation where it's not attacking is poorly trained and/or mentally ill.

The dog clearly lunged towards the cop though. I feel like the cop did what he had to do. They were arresting the man, a dog come running out, barking and out of control. It lunged towards the man once, and then lunged at him again. He shot it for his own safety. And even if there are better ways, it's the heat of the moment. I can't think of what else he could do.

So, it turns out that many police departments all across the country have serious problems with internal regulation and discipline and hiring people who are actually psychologically, intellectually, and ethically up for the job by any reasonable standards. It's a really serious problem in the US and it's troubling that it's never a topic of concern during election season.

Probably too scared to. You say we need better cops and all the cops and their families are looking to vote against you cause you are out to get them.

Even if the guy was being an ***hat for trying to get "dirt" aka evidence for his lawsuit against the police(for being too aggressive at that), he still didn't do anything wrong nor against the law. And I now read the story on Gawker as well; the radio thing meant nothing.

Even going by what you are trying to say:

Guy has music in car loud, cops say turn it down(for no discernible reason), he didn't turn it down. As far as I know, it may be being an ass, but it's not against the law.
Guy ends up taking his dog out to walk him, cops show lack of care, to him and to supposed loud radio.
Guy takes out phone/camera to record whatever, cops pursue him. Guy is irate rightfully so, dog gets defensive vocally, not physically, dumbass cop shoots dog.
Dumbass cop was not on edge, he had no need to unholster gun unless the dog charged for a bite, which it didn't.

And again, you keep on saying the cops handled it wrong and that you're not absolving their idiocy, that this guy wasn't some random dude they pursued, and you're only partially right. If anything, this only helps the guy's case in the sense that maybe the cops knew of the guy's current lawsuit so they singled him out for it. You keep on trying to make it out like it's the guy's fault when it clearly isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"