Police kill owner's dog in front of him and other onlookers

Both Pepper Spray and Tasers are not meant for dogs. Pepper Spray is ineffective, and Tasers have a high chance of killing the dog.

So who is going to pay them?

Either raise taxes, cut spending/salaries elsewhere, or both. You know, how all government funding works.

Personally, I'd take it from the funding for the military-style training and equipment we've seen in Police Departments in the past 30 years. The militarization of the police force is also an enormous and harmful problem. Instead of buying a goddamn tank, raise their salaries.

I'd also put an end to the practice of giving them bonuses based on how many speeding tickets they hand out and how many arrests they make. That only leads to overzealousness and an increase in fraudulent arrests and prosecutions when they can get away with it. Just give them that money in their paycheck normally.

A dog bite is not an injury that warrants deadly force. Sorry.

If I'm ever attacked by a rotweiler, priority one is not being killed. Priority 2 is maintaining my health. Priority 3 is defending any sorrounding people.

Nell2daizzay's feelings probably rank in the low hundreds. Not because Nell2daizzay isn't great. But because Nell2daizzay won't pay my med bills, visit me in the ER. Nell won't live in pain for the rest of his life. Nell won't take care of my kids if I die. I'm not saying he could not have make a better choice if the dog really charged him. I'm just saying the good choices are difficult to make when facing possible harm.

After the Boston bombing response, quite frankly I think we're beyond the point of return when it comes to police militarization.

Both Pepper Spray and Tasers are not meant for dogs. Pepper Spray is ineffective, and Tasers have a high chance of killing the dog.
I'm pretty sure mail carriers use pepper spray on dogs pretty effectively. I had a dog act up one time and run up on a postal worker and she whipped that stuff out like a gunslinger and my dog quickly straightened up and into control.

A rottweiler has a strong enough bite to do serious damage. Especially if it bites into your wrist. Not only that but, you can't say with any certainty that it stops with one bite. I'm sorry but, a rott is a dog that, if it wants to, it can tear the s*** out of you. I know it sucks and I wish the dog didn't get killed but, I can't really put all of the blame on the cop. There were too many ways for the dog's owner to have prevented the whole thing. He is also to blame.

Except the owner put the dog in his car...

As he was being arrested for no good reason.

Unless he was in fear of his life from that dog! that is some very jacked up &^% and why i :hrt: FIREMEN!!:cwink:

Shoot my (*&^ing dog!( though i wouldn't have brought him along to tape cops shenanigans in the 1st place!) and there will be more than the price of a doughnut to pay!these cops are getting a tad bit wild west of "shoot dogs 1st and ask them questions later!" Thats messed up!

Pepper spray is affective, very affective. Dogs don't like mists or water spraying on them, so where ever you're getting your information from, it's inaccurate.

Either way, the guy still could have shot in the ground as a warning shot. I don't know too many dogs that will stick around when the first shot is fired. Like last night, how many of all your dogs hid while the fireworks were going off????? And shooting multiple times at the dog as well??? A little overkill, huh?

I can't even look at threads like these. Literally makes me sick

As I'm watching the video, I can't really hear what the dog's owner is saying but, it seems the people who shot the video could. From what they're saying, it seems that the dog owner was doing what he could to antagonize the cops. They came over, in my opinion, to restrain him while they could finish what they were doing. Obviously, the guy was at least smart enough to put the dog in the car but, once the dog gets out, the cops are in a bit of a no win situation. At about 3:10, the dog comes over barking at the officers and one of them drops something. At 3:20 the officer reaches for the dropped item and the dog jumps at him. Now, sure, you can say that the dog wasn't a threat but, the officer can't afford to make that assumption. Reason being, if he's wrong, he or the other officers are getting hurt. Once the dog mad that lunge, the cop made a split second decision. I don't like that the dog got shot but, I can't completely throw the cop under the bus for it. If anything, the dog's owner should have simply left the cops alone and let them do their job instead of antagonizing them.

That's my opinion.

If the dog was really a threat it would've come charging at the cops and bit them without any hesitation. Drawing the gun freaked the owner out, which got the dog more worked up. All the activity got that dog worked up, but if it was going to attack, it would've already attacked, I think it was just barking trying to assert dominance. That cop had way too itchy of a trigger finger and then firing multiple shots seals the deal. He shows in that clip he's not fit for duty because he reacts in the worst way possible.

If the dog was really a threat it would've come charging at the cops and bit them without any hesitation. Drawing the gun freaked the owner out, which got the dog more worked up. All the activity got that dog worked up, but if it was going to attack, it would've already attacked, I think it was just barking trying to assert dominance. That cop had way too itchy of a trigger finger and then firing multiple shots seals the deal. He shows in that clip he's not fit for duty because he reacts in the worst way possible.
The dog came off as nervous and unsure to me. In my line of work, I encounter dogs almost daily. I have to go to someone's house and I don't know anything about the dogs I encounter. The one's I've found to be the most risky to be around are the nervous ones. You can't figure them out and aren't sure what they're going to do. That being said, I usually divide dogs into two groups. Not big enough, and big enough. Sadly, the rot goes into the "big enough" category. I have to treat it like it could hurt me. If I pull in and the dog comes over aggressively, I don't get out of the car. If the dog kind of hangs back but, keeps moving toward me, I still stay in the car. I'm not taking the chance. In that situation, there was no one to restrain the dog and the officers had to play it safe. The best thing that could have happened here, the owner left the cops alone and/or properly restrained the dog in the first place.

I'll say it again. If that was my dog, those ****in' pigs would be dead.

So, it turns out that many police departments all across the country have serious problems with internal regulation and discipline and hiring people who are actually psychologically, intellectually, and ethically up for the job by any reasonable standards. It's a really serious problem in the US and it's troubling that it's never a topic of concern during election season.
It seems like most of the people I went to school with have become cops. I remember them for doing drugs, being bi polar and one for KOing a girl.

I'll say it again. If that was my dog, those ****in' pigs would be dead.

No, you'd be dead, the cop was triggy happy enough to shoot a dog, I'm sure he'd shoot a human too. That being said, I would've been dead as well, although my dog is usually very nervous around men on walks, so she would've hightailed it the other way in this situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"