Poll: THE BATMAN

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
This has something to do with the "why does everyone hate The Batman topic.

Because of the fact I always fight with people who hate the series but haven't seen the whole show or have no good reasons to hate it, I just need to know: what is your feeligns toward THE BATMAN?

Is it:

a) LOVE - You love it, the whole show even the comci and movie no matter what.
b) LIKE - You like it but still know its flaws.
c) DISLIKE - You agree on what people who like or hate it say. You dislike some/most but it still leds you to like it still.
d) HATE - No question, you hate it entirely.

Also, this isn't the only forum with this poll.

Hate, but it has potential which was shown in Riddled and TBvD.

I voted DISLIKE(It seems that there is VERY little discrepency between LIKE or DISLIKE).:p

Honestly Binker, what are you trying to prove? A lot of threads have been made on this subject already, and it is even worse that the posts seem almost exactly alike.

Why do you need a bunch of statistics and group of people to confirm your own belief that you love this show?

Binker, your own opinion is sacred. It doesn't matter if "The Batman" is widely accepted or heavily criticized. I think it is admirable that you have been following this series through the good and the bad, but it is not going to change other people's opinions.

It's entertaining enough for me, and I do watch it when it comes on, but I like Batman to be a little more broody and edgy, this one just seems too .....normal....

I dislike it, but I haven't watched enough episodes to fully give a educated opinion.

I'll simply put which things I disliked in the episodes I watched.

-The art. I'm not a big fan on the art style. It's the same artist from Jackie Chan Adventures, right?

-How they portray certain characters. I hated how they portrayed the Joker. Stupid jokes and while the Joker IS insane, he's not stupid.

-How they tell the origins of characters.

-The personality they gave Alfred. No thanks.

If you're curious I watched the origin of the joker, the origin of clayface and the origin of poison ivy/batgirl.

Itz Ok, I like some episodes and others are just, meh.

i like it. i watch it when i can, mostly on reruns. i take it for what it is, a saturday morning cartoon.

I think the main reason TB gets page press is the Bat-embargo.

Edit Damn it again

Red X said:
I think the main reason TB gets page press is the Bat-embargo.

Exactly, almost everyone in the JLU forum hates the Batman because of this sole reason. They're already hating Mercy Reef because of the Aqua-Embargo.

I liked it. But they didn't keep true to the comics :mad:

Dislike, I cant really say i "hate" a cartoon. Thats silly.

hippie_hunter said:
Exactly, almost everyone in the JLU forum hates the Batman because of this sole reason. They're already hating Mercy Reef because of the Aqua-Embargo.

The Aqua-Embargo makes non sense, Superman's on JLU and smallvilles been running for 5 years.

The poll results so far from the three websites this was posted on.

a: LOVE) 5 5 III - 13
b: LIKE ) 5 5 - 10
c: DISLIKE) 5 - 5
d: HATE) 5 II - 7

How about you just tabulate the results from this website or at least provide links to these other sites so others can vote their, you know to be fair and all.

C'mon, how do you think a poll about The Batman is fair on two sites exclusively for fans of Batman is goign to do? Thats like making a poll about George Bush's performance as president on a republican site.

Darthphere said:
C'mon, how do you think a poll about The Batman is fair on two sites exclusively for fans of Batman is goign to do? Thats like making a poll about George Bush's performance as president on a republican site.

Well, maybe he's looking for the general reaction from Batman fans - not from the casual watcher that he might find here or at IMDB as examples? It's apparent, based on the ratings the show is getting, that kids (y'know, the key demographics) are watching the show, so really, who else would you ask the question of?

As far as Bush's performance, you might be suprised by what you'd get off of a poll on a republican site...

hippie_hunter said:

And I'd say that those members that hate The Batman for this reason are incredibly short sighted and uncreative. They'd rather have Batman after Batman story, instead of, say the Flash ep that we just saw. Oh wait! Batman was in that show! So, exactly what's their beef? That Nightwing can't be on JLU? That's a Titans issue - not The Batman. Batgirl? Ok - but really, how many GOOD stories can be told with Batgirl in the JLU that couldn't be told with Huntress or some othe r character? None.

Get over it. JLU is done. Titans is done.

hunter_hippie said:
Well, maybe he's looking for the general reaction from Batman fans - not from the casual watcher that he might find here or at IMDB as examples? It's apparent, based on the ratings the show is getting, that kids (y'know, the key demographics) are watching the show, so really, who else would you ask the question of?

That's right.

Even on those sites that discusses the episodes of TB, there are those there who don't hold back and say they have problems with an episode or the show.

hunter_hippie said:
And I'd say that those members that hate The Batman for this reason are incredibly short sighted and uncreative. They'd rather have Batman after Batman story, instead of, say the Flash ep that we just saw. Oh wait! Batman was in that show! So, exactly what's their beef? That Nightwing can't be on JLU? That's a Titans issue - not The Batman. Batgirl? Ok - but really, how many GOOD stories can be told with Batgirl in the JLU that couldn't be told with Huntress or some othe r character? None.

Get over it. JLU is done. Titans is done.

The same people also hated the Titans-Embargo and the the newly imposed Aqua-Embargo. They hate these embargos because they limit the creativitiy on saying what cannot be there. We would like to see character such as Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, (since Speedy has appeared), Aquaman, Deathstroke, the Teen Titans, etc. But cannot due to embargos on various characters, not only Batman, cannot.

PEOPLE WANT NIGHTWING

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"