Poster/Billboard Sightings Thread

When it came online last night I must have spent five minutes looking at it with my mouth open. I mean, come on, the image of Ghost Rider is absolutely too cool for words. How they managed to make the hellcycle look like something actually otherwordly and supernatural instead of just like a silly flaming bike is really impressive. If somebody had told me, before seeing thisa poster, that it would feature the hellcycle just sitting there, randomly, I would have snorted. But they made it work.

As a graphic designer, I'm extremely impressed--even if they did have to compromise it with headshots (no doubt a studio mandate).

There's an edit over at themovieblog.com that has the heads removed. Looks better:o

I like the poster. Would be a lot better without the headshots, like everyone else it saying. The image is bada$$. Reminds me a bit of the Batman Begins poster, with Bats holding Katie Holmes.

Anyone else notice that above his head there is a pair of eyes? Or what looks like eyes?:confused:

I was harsh at first glance with the dislike of the faces but, I'm quite fond of it all now.

I'm wondering what others they'll have. Any baddies, ya think?

Can someone give me a link to the image itself in full size?

I saw it before when the link was posted earlier on the main page, but now the link changed to a journal entry, before it was just the picture.

That poster is freaking awesome!

It definetly sets the "western" tone of the film...

BIGGUN said:
ghost-rider-poster-395.jpg
Thanks Biggun.
I like the amazing image of GR carrying Roxanne but the heads on the poster kind of spoil if for me.

I like this poster (only shown at Comic Con 2005) much more and wish they released it in theaters.

comiccon013qq.jpg

BTW according to SHH the poster (feat. Cage and Mendes) has been removed from the site?:huh:

Thanks for posting that second Ghost Rider poster, Retro. THAT'S the one I was talking about earlier. Best one so far. I hope they use it in the campaign. It reeks of awesomeness!

:wow:

BIGGUN said:
Here it is folks...the 1st official poster!

i really dig the image of GR holding Roxanne while you still cant make out the detail of the skull. only problem i have /w it are the standard big shots of the actors faces in the background...too plain IMO.
the logo is an improvement though.
otherwise its a very cool poster! getting this for sure

I really like this poster,the head shots are inevitable but nicely executed and the image in the middle and overall vibe really cements the supernatural western motif:up:

BIGGUN said:

i really dig the image of GR holding Roxanne while you still cant make out the detail of the skull. only problem i have /w it are the standard big shots of the actors faces in the background...too plain IMO.
Agreed.

Mr Nick said:
Thanks for posting that second Ghost Rider poster, Retro. THAT'S the one I was talking about earlier. Best one so far. I hope they use it in the campaign. It reeks of awesomeness!

:wow:
No problem! Its weird that they haven't released this poster yet. I mean it was unveiled summer 2005 at Comic Con and here we are October, 2006 and they still haven't released it.:huh:

Antariksh you crack me up man. You say your looking forward to this movie and like every post I have seen from you is bashing it in some form. Oh well regardless your going to go see it so I guess thats all that matters.

BIGGUN said:

Very Very Cool poster. If i ever find it i'm gonna pick it up.

It's great,it would be even better if they didn't have the profile shots up top,they look out of place.

But the flaming bike...:up:

The more I look, the more I loathe it. Titanic with the Hellcycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"