BvS Predict and suggest RUN-TIME for the MOS follow up film

\S/JcDc\S/

Superhero
Reaction score
Man of Steel had a 2 hour 23 minute run time. Depending on the possibility of a multitude of hero/villains that will need introduced I am thinking a longer run time is necessary.

Prediction: 2:40

My suggested run time (as fanboy): 3 HOURS! wOOt ;)

I think without the lead up of films that Marvel has had for example, a successful setup film can still be made to bring Justice League forward in a manner than doesn't feel rushed. Thoughts?

Yeah I wish it could be 3 hours but Im guessing 2 hr 30 mins - 2 hr 45 mins

Agreed amongst everyone here. With the amount of people being placed in this movie I'd say the best run time would be 3 hrs. I mean if the LOR trilogy can get away with it why not MOS 2/SMVSBM/Trinity/JL/etc....whatever the damn title is.

Shorter the better.

if you're going to have a large cast of heroes, it better be long enough to get into who they are otherwise it's just going to be a cluster ****. i hope it's 3 hours. it'll probably be 2 and a half hours sadly.

I really don't get the desire for such long films. A story might be better served in a 2 hour window. To me these long film desires scream of people wanting more for the sake of it.

ЯɘvlveR;27413383 said:
if you're going to have a large cast of heroes, it better be long enough to get into who they are otherwise it's just going to be a cluster ****. i hope it's 3 hours. it'll probably be 2 and a half hours sadly.

depends on the roles of the characters and even then just because the Flash shows up doesn't mean his whole life has to be explained….and most of that can be saved for the solo films.

The longer the better for me. When it involves characters such as Superman, Batman AND Wonder Woman in one movie? Absolutely! I mean how often do we get to see these characters on screen at one time? Superman, especially, has been my favorite for as long as I can remember. So I consider these kinds of movies a special treat for me. So it could be 5 hours long and I would catheterize myself before going to the movie. :wow:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it said somewhere that Nolan was the one that convinced Snyder to make his film under 2 Hours and 20 Minutes?

Assuming if that rumor is true, seeing as how Nolan really isn't as involved with this film as he was with MOS, I'm hoping that this will mean that we'll be getting a longer runtime with this film.

In this particular case, the longer the better.

I'll randomly guess 2hrs and 38 min.

General audiences see log run times and will write off a movie--eg my gf hates sitting for that long. They'll want to appeal to as many people as possible so I can see it at 2:30 but not 3

JA6AsOo.gif

I really don't get the desire for such long films. A story might be better served in a 2 hour window. To me these long film desires scream of people wanting more for the sake of it.

There is a lot of story to tell here, and generally these stories have been very much under-told.

It is not even remotely for 'the sake of it'.

I'm going to guess that it has a similar runtime to TDK (2 hours 35 minutes) or maybe TDKR (2 hours 45 minutes).

There is a lot of story to tell here, and generally these stories have been very much under-told.

It is not even remotely for 'the sake of it'.

The problem is you all don't know what the story going to entail, you're all assuming it's going to be this epic narrative which requires minimum 2 hours 30 mins simply down to who the characters are. Has no-one bothered to think it's possible the story they have in mind might not need such a long run time? Do you all want a bloated movie? Man of Steel could have used a good 15 mins cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"