Revenge of the Fallen Predict the Rottentomates rating for Transformers 2 & come up with a consesus

I Say it'll get 60% , However at the end of the day it really doesn't matter what rating Rotten tomates give ROTF . Because it's the general public that has the final say . The first film - TRANSFORMERS got 57 % on Tomatometer by the critics. Yet to the general public it was a mega Summer Blockbuster hit in Summer 07 it made Domestic Total Gross: $319,246,193 & Worldwide: $708,272,592. It would be nice if the critics & RT overall love ROTF , but if they don't who cares as long as the General Public & the Fans love it that's all that matters .

Agreed.

I mean the first "Transformers" has an 88% with the RT community. A striking contrast to what most critics thought of it.

i think the the rotten tomatoes score will be at least 80%

Rotten Tomatoes has TF:ROTF at 46% with 12 Fresh & 14 Rotten. Reviews counted 26.

A few excerpts from various reviews.

"By turns Revenge Of The Fallen is spectacular, funny, cringeworthy, edge-of-the-seat exciting, tedious, incomprehensible, dumb and very occasionally smart – sometimes all at the same time."

- SFX Magazine

"This thunderously noisy celebration of the Hasbro toy ticks all the right boxes with the fanboys...the rest of us might suffer metal fatigue."

- Sky Movies

43% 13 F/17 R...the average is a dismal 4,9/10

At least the first movie had somewhat positive reaction when it came out,the first 10-15 reviews were positive...this is a straight on dislike from the start.

Not unexpected but somewhat disappointing nevertheless.

43% 13 F/17 R...the average is a dismal 4,9/10

At least the first movie had somewhat positive reaction when it came out,the first 10-15 reviews were positive...this is a straight on dislike from the start.

Not unexpected but somewhat disappointing nevertheless.

The novelty of the 1st film is no longer there. Although it'll still have it's share of fans, I don't think this movie will get nearly the good WOM from the general audience that TF 1 did.

38 % Tomatometer

Reviews Counted: 34

Fresh: 13
Rotten:21
Average Rating: 4.8/10

Did anybody honestly expect critics to love this? I knew they would hate it when Transformers 1 ended and guess what...they won't like Transformers 3 either.

Well, looks like you all failed (even the ones whom predicted the lowest procentage!)... As of now it's at a pathetic 38% ! ! and NO, it wont get any higher than that, well if you're lucky it'll settle down at 40% .

At least the first movie ended on 57% That's somewhat acceptable, but 38%!??? This has got to be one of the dumbest movies ever, I'm sure.

Well, looks like you all failed (even the ones whom predicted the lowest procentage!)... As of now it's at a pathetic 38% ! ! and NO, it wont get any higher than that, well if you're lucky it'll settle down at 40% .

At least the first movie ended on 57% That's somewhat acceptable, but 38%!??? This has got to be one of the dumbest movies ever, I'm sure.

Hey, no! My first try was between 30 and 40, so I'm right (for now).

I'm sure I'll still love it. The RT critics are looking for a movie with a good story and solid acting. I'm sure as hell not! I just want to see a film with amazing action sequences, just some cool eye candy. If it can deliver that, then I will be more than satisfied.

Well, it is not exactly the same as the first movie. TF1 was released in the US first (US reviews first). A lot of the UK reviews for TF1 were negative as well. (A quick browsing of the reviews at RT shows this).

More importantly, the Top Critics at RT gave the movie 68%, which is fresh and general well received. Metacritic gave TF1 a 67%, again generally well received. As of today, there are 2 Top Critic postings on RT, not enough for a tomatometer.

The main problem with RT is many of the reviews seem to come from non-traditional sources, which really can be anyone who claims to be a critic (or so it seems sometimes.)

I would not be the least bit surprised to see the RT% go up, at all once it is released in the US.

38% isnt that bad, I've actually seen a few movies that had below 30% that I enjoyed. Im sure I'll enjoy this as well.

Blast it, critics!
BLAST IIIIIIIIIIT!

LOL. Yes critics blast it. Because you guys determine whether or not a sequel is made hence Luca's dreams will come true...oh no wait...silly me...it's the paying audience that decides on a sequel being made...not the critics....phew...TF3 FTW.

Wonder if the new Harry Potter is going to be "approved" by RT...
were the previous HP films fresh?

Wonder if the new Harry Potter is going to be "approved" by RT...
were the previous HP films fresh?

HP - 78% Fresh
HP2 - 82% Fresh
HP3 - 89% Fresh
HP4 - 89% Fresh
HP5 - 77% Fresh

Hmm.. seems like people are not sick of the LOTR-Narnia-Warcraft kinda fantasy yet?
Or maybe HP just has a really big pre-sold fanbase...

Well, so much for my original prediction of a Tomatometer in the mid 40% range.

ROTF proved to be worse than I thought it would be, and it looks like many critics agree.

Current Tomatometer: 22 % ...... ouch.

Hmm.. seems like people are not sick of the LOTR-Narnia-Warcraft kinda fantasy yet?
Or maybe HP just has a really big pre-sold fanbase...

It might also have something to do with the HP films actually being well made films (and im not even a HP fan), while TF films have thus far been nothing but a mess on all levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"