The Dark Knight Pressure on Aaron Eckhart for a great Two-Face Performance?

ayenlou

Civilian
Reaction score
Judging from the IMAX Prologue and Trailer I am absolututely blown away by it. Based off what I've seen I think they've out done Begins and set a new bar for comic book movies.

But what I'm really amazed is Heath's performance with the Joker. Since the third movie is set up with Two-Face and I'm sure Nolan and Crew want to make a even better movie but I haven't seen Eckhart act yet. So I don't know what his acting abilitites are like but I think he's going to have a lot of pressure to out do Heath's performance as the Joker if Two-Face is the main villain for the next movie.

What do ya'll think?

no way...this is jokers movie all the way, in terms of filmmaking and marketing.

If anyone; its on Bale to match Ledger.

joker is always a hard act to follow but i'm sure that he was hired on his ability to play both roles so it should be just as chillling/accurate...

two-face is a hard character to play because you can't be all out bad and have to always have that sense of compassion and even as bad as you get, batman and the audience still have to empathise with you...

it's certainly not a role to be taken lightly.

AE is a GREAT actor and he really carries his emotions on his face well. he will not have a problem playing Two Face with Nolan directing him the same way he directed Ledger. Aaron E. will be up to the role just fine.

Just watch "Thank you for smoking".. he is great in it.

If they do a good job with making Harvey a likeable and sympathetic character in this, and having him forge a bond with Bruce & Batman then they are set up perfectly for the third film. Unlike the Joker, we'll have a villain whose origins we have seen, and who we can feel for, which should work well in contrast to the Joker in TDK.

no way...this is jokers movie all the way, in terms of filmmaking and marketing.

If anyone; its on Bale to match Ledger.
This is true. Batman has to match up to Joker this time. he should be the start of the show, as in BB.

In the end, you have to appreciate the villains for what they are. Two-Face and The Joker are two completely different characters. They're each going to have their fans and critics.

I myself am more of a Joker person, but I look forward to seeing a Nolan-esque Two-Face all the same.

Aaron Eckhart will rule as Two face/Dent .......I'm 100% sure of that !!!!Watch him in Thank you for smoking or The black dahlia and enough is said ......

Eckhart.jpg

He is born to play this character !!!!:woot: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I BELIVE IN AARON ECKHART !!!!!!!!!

Hmm I'll have to check those movies out then!

GO AARON!

I actually hope AE feels some pressure. He might just try even harder to top Heath Ledger.

And I agree with what others have said. The character is very different. Perfect for AE in my opinion. From the top of my head I've only seen Thank You For Smoking with AE, but he blew me away. I know he can make the audience feel sympathy for the character. I hope he can also pull off the ugly side. I BELIEVE IN AARON ECKHART.

The challenge IMO will be to play the ugly side of the character...I don't think he ever played a real badass before !

Rated-M is claiming these pics to be of Two-Face. They don´t look real at all.

8eadq2t.jpg

8bjj2pi.jpg

They were made by a poster on this board, HUMANIMAL. The first image is suspect zero the second is the black dhalia.

I'm just glad 99% of the "Bettany DAMN IT" bull**** is done.

I have no doubt that eckhart will give us a fantastic harvey dent. Two-face...I'm not so sure. However, I've always trusted nolans casting, and I think he's proved himself with ledger so I'm optimistic.

Aaron Eckhart is a pretty good actor, but I wouldn't consider him to be great . . . . he's certainly not as good as Ledger, sadly to say . . . I think he'll do good, but yeah; no match for Ledger . . . plus he was like the 3rd choice for the role behind Edward Norton and Matt Damon . . . either of them would have been absolutely compelling to see onscreen with Ledger and/or Bale . . .

I'm hoping that Joker will pop up again in the 3rd and that Two-Face will prove to be a vital supporting role, but it will be hard for him alone to carry the whole film . . .

Aaron Eckhart is a pretty good actor, but I wouldn't consider him to be great . . . . he's certainly not as good as Ledger, sadly to say . . . I think he'll do good, but yeah; no match for Ledger . . . plus he was like the 3rd choice for the role behind Edward Norton and Matt Damon . . . either of them would have been absolutely compelling to see onscreen with Ledger and/or Bale . . .

I'm hoping that Joker will pop up again in the 3rd and that Two-Face will prove to be a vital supporting role, but it will be hard for him alone to carry the whole film . . .

Damon would have been great. Or my personal choice, Leo. But, hopefully AE delivers.

Surely this should really be Dent's movie no matter how much Joker steals the show. It's Dent that has to go through a transformation so he deserves more time, with Joker more of a background catalyst with a few high impact scenes. Dent should be the heart of the story as I think Nolan has said, he needs more time than a character that's fully formed and static

I think Eckhart is incredibly charismatic, he'll probably make Bale look a little boring

Ya, it is pretty hard imo to make a great two-face to be even up to par to this joker

Ya, it is pretty hard imo to make a great two-face to be even up to par to this joker

Agreed... I think that the Joker will be in the third film. Brother Nolan mentioned that way back when describing the general story arc of the two sequels.

The best way imo to get a top level performance is to make him a really broke character and you have a lot of sympathy for him. Joker you like because well he is joker. Two-face you like because of his emotional and mental anguish he is in and he is caught between right and wrong

honestly if there is a 3rd Batman film for Nolan it might not be able to top TDK

I mean Joker and Batman together on screen is about as good as you can get in a comic book film or any movie for that matter.

If we are proven wrong than woohooo! I just don't know if Aaron Echhart is that great of an actor to pull off an amazing performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"