The Dark Knight Pressure on Aaron Eckhart for a great Two-Face Performance?

Gary Oldman was the third choice for Gordon, and he worked out rather nicely...
Oldman is the perfect Gordan in my books. I can't imagine anyone else in the role for that.

I've liked AE in everything I've seen so far, he was the only thing that made watching that cooking movie with Catherina Zeta-Jones bearable and I think he's going to be a great charismatic Harvey Dent. I was iffy for him for Two-Face though, but after seeing Heath's transformation I trust Nolan 100% for the casting, especially if the movie in fact centres around him. And Two-Face is Nolan's favorite character? I have even more love for Nolan now.

Ohhh, I'm SO glad both Russell and Quaid rejected the movie. Let's just say I'm not too fond of those guys. And Oldman is brilliant. He can be very intense, but he is very laid-back when playing Gordon. Great actor.

Aaron Eckhart actually reminds me of Heath Ledger, pre-Brokeback Mountain. Really talented actor, but without a truly great vehicle to gain recognition for his acting abilities. Eckhart's been the best thing in a good few bad movies, I can say that.

Here's the thing. People talk about "Thank You For Smoking" or "The Black Dahlia". But I've heard that his best work is "In The Company of Men". Now, I haven't seen this film. I want to, but can't get it on DVD anywhere. This was an indy film from the early 90s, that essentially put Eckhart on the map. I've heard people call his performance in this film one of the best of the decade, a real tour de force of evil. And it seems Eckhart's problem has been not being able to quite follow that up in the bigger films he's been a part of.

he played a right bastard in company of men. eckhart is a very capable actor and im sure his harvey will be very compelling. july cannot come fast enough.

he played a right bastard in company of men. eckhart is a very capable actor and im sure his harvey will be very compelling. july cannot come fast enough.
Oh yeah? I'm going to have to add this movie to my watch list then. Does Netflix have it?

I'm sure Aaron Eckhart will do a good job. Nolan knows what he is doing and he wouldn't cast someone crappy in a villian role.

There is pressure on him of course, but lets just hope he IS a good actor and as always - Nolan knows what he is doing and casted the right man for the job.

I'm sure Aaron Eckhart will do a good job. Nolan knows what he is doing and he wouldn't cast someone crappy in a villian role.
Great actors we got yet : Liam Neeson, Tom Wilkinson, Cillian Murphy, Heath Ledger, Eric Roberts...
no, Aaron Eckhart is NOT out of the list, au contraire

He will be fine, he has such charisma, and like Ledger, we never seen him so villainous before...heck, BB offered us the first Liam Neeson villain ever! And it was good!

I BELIEVE IN AARON ECKHART!

Aaron's a fantastic actor. He disappears.

In the Company of Men
Erin Brockovich
Nurse Betty
Thank You for Smoking
Conversations with Other Women
The Pledge
Any Given Sunday

...you've probably seen him in stuff without realizing it. He'll do fine.

Nolan's only casting misstep so far is Holmes, and she wasn't that bad. She just had nothing to work with, and not enough imagination as an actress to make something out of nothing.

Eckhart's a solid, solid choice.

Nolan would not has asked him to be in his movie, had he thought Eckhart could not handle the pressure.

In the Company of Men
Erin Brockovich
Nurse Betty
Thank You for Smoking
The Pledge
Any Given Sunday

Nolan's only casting misstep so far is Holmes, and she wasn't that bad. She just had nothing to work with, and not enough imagination as an actress to make something out of nothing.

Amen

Eckhart is a great actor I have no problem, he's gonna own this role...

You wanna know why theres no competition? Because this is not a Two-face movie. It is a Joker movie with Harvey Dent. I don't think we will see Two-face until the last 5 minutes of the movie.

All Arron has to do in this role is firmly establish Harvey Dent and his beliefs. No need to go all out with a Two-Face role 30 minutes into the film, that would only dilute the primary story going on here.

In the Company of Men
Erin Brockovich
Nurse Betty
Thank You for Smoking
The Pledge
Any Given Sunday

Another good one I think he was in is Suspect Zero with Ben Kingsley.

You wanna know why theres no competition? Because this is not a Two-face movie. It is a Joker movie with Harvey Dent. I don't think we will see Two-face until the last 5 minutes of the movie.

All Arron has to do in this role is firmly establish Harvey Dent and his beliefs. No need to go all out with a Two-Face role 30 minutes into the film, that would only dilute the primary story going on here.
This is true. Two-Face isn't even showing up until the end, and since the showdown with Joker will be the big, explosive climax it only makes sense to keep Two-Face's introduction minimal. And since Harvey is supposed to be the backbone of the film, he'll definetly get enough to firmly establish himself as the strong, moral citizen so that the conflict can be set up for the third film.

I haven't seen that one.

A friend tells me he was in The Core, which he thought was pretty awful.

Never seen The Core because it didn't look all that great but I really liked Suspect Zero.

But what I'm really amazed is Heath's performance with the Joker. Since the third movie is set up with Two-Face and I'm sure Nolan and Crew want to make a even better movie but I haven't seen Eckhart act yet. So I don't know what his acting abilitites are like but I think he's going to have a lot of pressure to out do Heath's performance as the Joker if Two-Face is the main villain for the next movie.

A little off topic, but every time the third movie is brought up, I keep thinking about Dark Victory, how Two Face is the primary villain and at the end Joker blasts him in the back. I'd love to see that in the next film.

So true. He is a great actor but is not so visible most of the time. He feels natural in most of his roles and indeed is a perfect choice for Harvey Dent he goes from a unsuspecting good guy to the insane Two Face.
The only time I didn't like him in a film was Black Dahlia. The rest of his career and roles are more than solid.

So true. He is a great actor but is not so visible most of the time. He feels natural in most of his roles and indeed is a perfect choice for Harvey Dent he goes from a unsuspecting good guy to the insane Two Face.
The only time I didn't like him in a film was Black Dahlia. The rest of his career and roles are more than solid.

"The Core" should have won an Oscar.

I hope two-face goes out with dignity like the elephant man (two face will not die is he lays down on his back obviously ) rather than an all out bad guy, then death, if his last act is something redeemable, that would be cool, that's if he dies at all, of course.

[YT]EhgqLhUFpO0[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"