Comics Preview pages for Uncanny X-Men

Techinically Polaris was depowered... but something happens with Apocalypse during the Blood Of Apocalypse story that either gives her back her powers, or some totally new powers.

But the point is this whole depowering thing isn't sticking very well, lol. :)

Only for mostly all the mutants who were never characters, characters featured as background fodder, or B-list characters (which, of course, contains some of our favorites, but nevertheless). The House of M fallout is less than interesting, really.

i think it should also be mentioned that, according to brubaker, this is not the lorna we know, in terms of personality and powers.

I hope whatever returned her powers returned her friggin' sanity. Crazy Lorna was fun untilthe novelty wore off. All those telepaths and no one can fix her brain? Nonsense.

Almighty Pejo said:
I hope whatever returned her powers returned her friggin' sanity. Crazy Lorna was fun untilthe novelty wore off. All those telepaths and no one can fix her brain? Nonsense.

I agree 100%. I want X-Factor Lorna back.

I do kind of hope she still has her magnetic powers. After all, with Magneto out of the picture Lorna has the potential to take her father's place... in power, not villainry. She needs to stay good. :)

Specter313 said:
Anyone else think Tan's new stuff here looks a bit like David Finch's art?
I thought it was Finch. I took a gander at that preview, thought about New Avengers, and wondered when they announced Finch taking over in Uncanny X-Men.

But that's Billy Tan? Way to go, Tan.

Now the question remains about Iceman's abilities. For the moment, I'm strictly blaming the writers for allowing this particular issue to happen unless they have an explanation for it all.

TwilightPro101 said:
Now the question remains about Iceman's abilities. For the moment, I'm strictly blaming the writers for allowing this particular issue to happen unless they have an explanation for it all.

What are you talking about?

Sun_Down said:
I'd like an answer on that one too. The events of M-Day shouldn't have affected his ability to walk, but apparently the concept of "logic" was lost on M-Day too.

It was partially explained in Deadly Genesis 5#. The Professor says: "But I assume in some way, Wanda Maximoff gave me back the use of my legs because she wanted to show me what being cripple really was... Because I can't use telepathy... I'm not a mutant anymore."

It's not the best of explanations, but at it's something!

And the art on this uncanny issue is really awesome, I kinda like Lorna's new hair color :up:

So what's everyone's theory on Lorna not being the Lorna we know...are we to take that literally? Imposter? Or just a figurative statement about Lorna's personality/motivations? Her energy signature looks foreign in the preview...I wonder if her powers are still magnetic.

I think it means she'll have different powers... and hopefully her sanity.

BrianWilly said:
So...at first we thought that Iceman lost his powers, then he didn't.

Then we thought that Polaris lost her powers, but she didn't.

Good job, Marvel. Good job.

Yeah, they treat change like the plague over there.

Those preview pages were beautiful. If Tan continues to draw like that, he might give Cheung some competition in my book :up:

I don't like Tan's artwork, Bachalo and Salvador are way better. His drawings is like from a cheap cartoon.

Wow, verrry nice art.

I'll definitely keep picking this one up. Hopefully the change in team rosters this summer will increase the quality of the books.

psylockolussus said:
I don't like Tan's artwork, Bachalo and Salvador are way better. His drawings is like from a cheap cartoon.

Wow, that's quite a unique opinion.

he's in x-men now. the adjectiveless one. and different colorist, different interpretation. its not like the first time colors have changed a little. iceman's hair color has been brown and blonde. storm's had white to silverish. emma's had blonde, platinum, to straight up white.

Amazing, there's hair dye and gell in the Marvel Universe... Or maybe Henna...

Xavier had his legs paralyzed by Magneto ripping a bunch of metal out of them. Its *old* cannon.
Also, Magneto has a concentration camp background, Xavier can beat Beast at chess, but if you're really a chess nerd see how Beast plays the same layouts with others and wins... Xavier also has the infamous "Evil Eyebrows" like the guy that killed Spidey before his stingers manifested and the remnant of the symbiote respawned him with some upgrades... Like some venomous poison on those "stingers". Also theres a spider that has a retractable butt stinger... Can't remember the name of the genus its a rare deadly varient of spider from the rainforests.
Someone told me the symbiote may have bonded with MJ to be with Peter since its "in love" with him. Its why Brock wanted to kill the Spider but at the same time didn't. A bit off topic, but it all ties together eventually. MJ was complaining about not being able to tell anyone about Peter, and that he was a super hero... She learned kung-fu...

Vortexian said:
he's in x-men now. the adjectiveless one. and different colorist, different interpretation. its not like the first time colors have changed a little. iceman's hair color has been brown and blonde. storm's had white to silverish. emma's had blonde, platinum, to straight up white.

Amazing, there's hair dye and gell in the Marvel Universe... Or maybe Henna...

Xavier had his legs paralyzed by Magneto ripping a bunch of metal out of them. Its *old* cannon.
Also, Magneto has a concentration camp background, Xavier can beat Beast at chess, but if you're really a chess nerd see how Beast plays the same layouts with others and wins... Xavier also has the infamous "Evil Eyebrows" like the guy that killed Spidey before his stingers manifested and the remnant of the symbiote respawned him with some upgrades... Like some venomous poison on those "stingers". Also theres a spider that has a retractable butt stinger... Can't remember the name of the genus its a rare deadly varient of spider from the rainforests.
Someone told me the symbiote may have bonded with MJ to be with Peter since its "in love" with him. Its why Brock wanted to kill the Spider but at the same time didn't. A bit off topic, but it all ties together eventually. MJ was complaining about not being able to tell anyone about Peter, and that he was a super hero... She learned kung-fu...
What does any of that have to do with ANYTHING!?

El Bastardo said:
Depowering Iceman was one of Claremont's better ideas, I think. And Milligan shat on it, and the editors let him. As for Milligan depowering Polaris... oh, who the heck knows. I assume she'll be repowered by his end. It was just for DRAMA.

Depowering Iceman?! One of the original x-men? If anything, the original x-men should be untouchable. screw anyone who came after, the original five are the most important.

How Xavier initally lost the use of his legs... Next summers crossover is already plotted.. Spidey to X, Hulk to Avengers/Cap, then a "event that will change the Marvel Universe forever!" as usual.

Also Polaris was dropped from about 6 stories by a Sentinel just after being depowered... Why didn't she die if she can't fly? She may have had a psychic block put on her powers.

One of the panels with Lorna reminded me of a picture of Cannonball.
250px-Xxm_24.jpg

polaris.jpg

I've had CRAZY erotic dreams about Lorna... Mystique too...
My ex finacee looked like Jean Grey/Maddie Pryor too. As strange as it sound I meet a lot of gals that resemble the X-Ladies... I knew a woman last year that looks like Psyblade.
Meh, hanging out with Trent Rezinator a few time might be why.

Umm, lots of guys do... Ever watch an adult movie? If not, and iff you're yyoung wait til you're 18... You're not missing much. Artists have been known to pause them for body models for those skin tight costumes... Its why a lot of conservative groups are so against the "smut" in comics...
Thankfully these days costumes that look like clothing instead of paint are popular. Thanks Gambit!
Also, Rebecca Romijn Stamos... Something about her in the X movies does it for me.
Seriously, picture a live red haired woman, wearing semi-gothic clothing, that has Jean Greys relative hourglass figure. As in the comic version. I don't have to, that what one of my ex's looks like.
ohGr - Some songs are soundtracks to X-Men stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"