• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Prometheus - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Bloom was great in the quieter moments, in battle he was good too. But yea, at the end that final rousing speech, his lack of a really powerful presence like a, Russell Crowe, was highlighted.

That's the only thing i don't like about the film really.

Yeah, exactly. He was fine in the quieter scenes. But rousing the troops? Forget it. He just didn't have the presence. It's like, would you follow this guy? Umm... no.

I think it also bugged people that it was Bloom playing a friggin' blacksmith-turned-warrior again. He actually showed more range in KOH than in Pirates, but I think people were already getting tired of seeing him swing a sword around.

Yea. Guy Pearce is a great shout for that role actually. I think of The Proposition when picturing him as Balian.

Anyway yea, Prometheus is actually shot in 3D isn't it? On Imax, i might have to be doing that.

I wish Pearce would get better/bigger roles. The thing that made me the most interested in Prometheus was that Ted Talk video of Pearce. I was disappointed to learn that he's only going to be in the movie for a few minutes.

I hope Lockout is good (it at least looks cool) and does well. Pearce deserves better than playing villains in bad Nicolas Cage action movies.

RT @LATherocomplex
Much of Hollywood sci-fi is emotionally flimsy & actors seem detached from setting or the stakes. Not so w/ "Prometheus" footage I just saw.

Carrying this over for the jump:

I could understand how Medieval scholars obsessed with authenticity could say that (Balian being agnostic and Baldwin IV and the Hospitaller's very modern views of Christianity would not exist in the late 12th century and they completely altered the historical persons of Balian of Iblen and Sybilla of Lusignan into fictional characters)....

but as a piece of filmmaking, it is absurdly good. Not least of all because of William Monihan's script which is what got such an amazing cast to commit to the project. Fox just butchered it when they cut down a 3+ hour epic into less than 2.5 hours so as to sell more tickets. I stand by that if Christian Bale, Eric Bana or Guy Pearce had played Balian instead of Orlando Bloom, the movie would be widely considered a masterpiece.

Carrying this over for the jump:

I definitely agree. The script is magnificent. Even though I think Bloom was the weak spot, I thought he and Green had amazing chemistry, and I really loved his scenes with Irons and Norton. Also he and Csokas (amazing performance) had a great, believable rivalry. Also Massoud and Siddig. They were both awesome. Saladin was so cool.

I think it's Scott's best film outside of the obvious two. Where would you rank it?

Nicolas Cage should play the villain in bad Nicolas Cage action films.

Nic Cage should play everyone!

Last edited:
LOL:yay:
Peter Weyland’s 2023 TED talk – Visual Notes Graphic
http://visualthinking.chrisshipton.com/peter-weylands-2023-ted-talk-visual-notes/

pwted2023final.jpg

Nice logo for the Yutani Corpo. I smell a new T Shirt will be ordered soon with this one.

I just wanted to say that this movie looks good as hell.

wait...I SEE SPIDEY and liking a movie? This can't be true. :o

wait...I SEE SPIDEY and liking a movie? :o
Ha Ha.:oldrazz: It has my husband Mr. Fassbender in it so that already guaranteed that I would see it. Outside of my lust for a stranger, everything I've seen looks good and I'm not even a fan of Scott's films.

I definitely agree. The script is magnificent. Even though I think Bloom was the weak spot, I thought he and Green had amazing chemistry, and I really loved his scenes with Irons and Norton. Also he and Csokas (amazing performance) had a great, believable rivalry. Also Massoud and Siddig. They were both awesome. Saladin was so cool.

I think it's Scott's best film outside of the obvious two. Where would you rank it?

Nic Cage should play everyone!

1. Alien
2. Blade Runner
3. Gladiator
4. Kingdom of Heaven (DC)
5. Black Hawk Down

I hope Prometheus comes in at least third on that list.

Also, you're right the whole supporitng cast with Neeson, Norton, Thewlis, Green, Irons, Gleason, Mossoud, Siddig, and Csokas were all great. It made up for a weaker lead performance in the movie.

I agree with you on the ranking of Scott's films DACrowe. That's how I rate em.

Its a real bummer that Prometheus will come out in AUGUST here in Germany :( I will have to avoid spoilers for TWO MONTH. Its cruel.

The titan Prometheus gave fire to humans, and was punished by his own kind afterwards. Will it be something a long those lines in this film?

Titans = a superior alien race

Fire = the xenomorphs
Gave the gift away = Lost control of the xenomorphs?
Being punished by his own kind = the xenomorphs killed the creator(s)?

Also, humankind shares some connection with that superior alien race... something happened long ago. I don't know more about the plot (does anyone?).

But I think there's a reason this film is called Prometheus.
Ehem...?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back