• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Prometheus - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
First full trailer coming next week!

According to AMC Theatres website, the Q&A will last for 30 minutes and the footage shown at WonderCon will be the first full trailer for the film. The premiere will be invite-only but you will be able to watch the entire event live here. You may also submit your questions to Ridley Scott with the hash tag #amcprometheus on Twitter, or on the AMC Theatres Facebook page. The trailer will be avaible online shortly after the event.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2012/03/07/new-prometheus-footage-to-premiere-at-wondercon-2012/

This movie is going to be big...for another reason as well...

it's smart sci-fi for once. Not just random explosions and people jumping through the air shooting stuff.

The titan Prometheus gave fire to humans, and was punished by his own kind afterwards. Will it be something a long those lines in this film?

Titans = a superior alien race
Fire = the xenomorphs
Gave the gift away = Lost control of the xenomorphs?
Being punished by his own kind = the xenomorphs killed the creator(s)?

Also, humankind shares some connection with that superior alien race... something happened long ago. I don't know more about the plot (does anyone?).
But I think there's a reason this film is called Prometheus.

This movie is going to be big...for another reason as well...

it's smart sci-fi for once. Not just random explosions and people jumping through the air shooting stuff.

Yea you say that but as soon as this comes out people are going to compare it to.. yep you guessed it.. the untouchable Inception. Which bored the hell out of me, but this is the truth, no matter what you say people are going to compare it to that and be like the story's been done before blah blah, so unless this brings something monumental to the sci-fi scene I just don't think it'll be as big as it should be.

Another factor as well I heard it's pg-13, don't be expecting anything ground breaking in that respect then like a chestburster or anything like that.

My theory?

The whole world and life it self was created by Androids (Jockey's). But they died out for some reason and made a Biological replacement (Humans). Then somewhere along the line Weyland finds out brings a piece of the 'Alien Technology' (Original Jockeys aka Origin of life) and then claims it to be a new thing, which is obviously old technology.

Far fetched? Goes against god? Blasphemy sure as hell hope so, something like this would be awesome!

I'm not being overall pessimistic though I do want the film to do good, I'm a long time Alien fan specially the first 3 films, actually only the first 3 films!

Just how do you beat a general brainwashed populated mass (Inception people no offence) to broaden their minds and accept other stories now?

if the trailer will premiere on saturday march 17 then it will not be online next week. i think on monday.

@xmangambit:

Why would fans of the genre and the general audience compare Prometheus to Inception? They're completely dissimilar and unrelated. It'd be like comparing Predator to Blade Runner.

we dont know if its a smart scifi.

just because the story is about aliens creating humans and the main female character is a religious person that doesnt automatic make it smart. i hope for the best since Scott is a good director and the cast is also. but lets not forget Kingdom of Heaven.

Yea you say that but as soon as this comes out people are going to compare it to.. yep you guessed it.. the untouchable Inception. Which bored the hell out of me, but this is the truth, no matter what.

Just how do you beat a general brainwashed populated mass (Inception people no offence) to broaden their minds and accept other stories now?

What in the holy hell are you babbling about??

Community Prometheus trailer
[YT]zgHFL3eW4nY[/YT]

we dont know if its a smart scifi.

just because the story is about aliens creating humans and the main female character is a religious person that doesnt automatic make it smart. i hope for the best since Scott is a good director and the cast is also. but lets not forget Kingdom of Heaven.

Why would anyone forget Kingdom of Heaven? It's Scott's best film outside of Alien and Blade Runner and is probably the most intelligent "swords and sandals" movie ever made.

You get a bunch of Christian hating Muslims and a bunch of Muslim hating Christians to sit down and watch that film together (the directors cut anyway) and watch their attitudes change.

Why would anyone forget Kingdom of Heaven? It's Scott's best film outside of Alien and Blade Runner and is probably the most intelligent "swords and sandals" movie ever made.

You get a bunch of Christian hating Muslims and a bunch of Muslim hating Christians to sit down and watch that film together (the directors cut anyway) and watch their attitudes change.
you know what i meant with KoH. the Fox situatuion. Scott bending over like a b.... and realeseing in the theater a Fox cut.

what..........should i wait for the BR to watch the Scott directors cut? and go in theater paying a lot money to watch a Fox version?

Oh i didn't know you was talking about the studio interference etc. I can see what you're saying.

But then I think if Fox were up to their old tricks Scott would just tell them to do one. I'm pretty confident he's not gonna have suits barking orders at him on this production.

Oh i didn't know you was talking about the studio interference etc. I can see what you're saying.

But then I think if Fox were up to their old tricks Scott would just tell them to do one. I'm pretty confident he's not gonna have suits barking orders at him on this production.

Hasn't Rothman completely backed off these days? I can't imagine getting X-Men: FC and Predators from the guy who was responsible for XO: Wolverine and AVP: Requiem.

Yea pretty much. They must have finally realised that film makers know how to make films, studio execs don't.

I mean the thing with Kingdom of Heaven didn't even make sense. You get Ridley Scott, off the back of the Oscar winning Gladiator, wanting to make a historical epic about the crusades. Why the hell would you even think about interfering and telling him what to do?

It's no coincidence that the theatrical version received luke warm acclaim and the directors cut is pretty much universally praised.

Kingdom of Heaven is one of the most movies that make you go "How the **** did they even film something like this?". ****ing amazing film.

kingdom of heaven had a horrendous script

:huh:

I could understand how Medieval scholars obsessed with authenticity could say that (Balian being agnostic and Baldwin IV and the Hospitaller's very modern views of Christianity would not exist in the late 12th century and they completely altered the historical persons of Balian of Iblen and Sybilla of Lusignan into fictional characters)....

but as a piece of filmmaking, it is absurdly good. Not least of all because of William Monihan's script which is what got such an amazing cast to commit to the project. Fox just butchered it when they cut down a 3+ hour epic into less than 2.5 hours so as to sell more tickets. I stand by that if Christian Bale, Eric Bana or Guy Pearce had played Balian instead of Orlando Bloom, the movie would be widely considered a masterpiece.

Yeah, but unfortunately, Bloom did play Balian. And while he wasn't terrible in the role, I think there were plenty of better actors who could have brought a lot more to that part (like the ones you mentioned). He was okay, but not particularly memorable, when I think a better actor would have been.

Schwarzenegger FTW, lol. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"